tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Update: Few minutes after I posted my comment (about darkness issue) I reached the very bottom of abyss in pre-hardmode and still my vision didn't darken. I will defeat WoF tomorrow and I will post if anything changed. And if it changed I'm going to create a new world without deleting my main world just to get that abyss amulet.
I don't think the mode is the problem, my vision is darkened even in pre-hardmode (or that was before 1.3.0.2...).

umm yes hello i would like to file a complaint about the lead developer fabsol.

due to me criticizing the abyss in a different server with fab, they blocked me and left. when i joined the calamari high discord, everything was good until fab found me and banned me from there too for criticizing the abyss in a completely different server. (at least thats what i think happened, and is what most likely happened. i was taking a nap at the time due to my horrible cold.) i would like to request an unban and for fab to be de-opped so they will not be able to do this to other people like me that didnt like how the abyss was just a straight-up rectangle with holes in the side and islands in the middle.
Sadly for you this is not the place to complain about what happens on discord, sorry. The best you can do is just leave constructive criticism here and not just point out what you don't like and leave it at that.
[doublepost=1521670968,1521670881][/doublepost]
I found myself unable to craft "https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Statis'_Belt_of_Curses". Can anyone confirm this? Nice update btw :)
Uh, I can craft it, are you sure you are using the right crafting station and items? Also probably send a screenshot.

Sadly for you this is not the place to complain about what happens on discord, sorry. The best you can do is just leave constructive criticism here and not just point out what you don't like and leave it at that.
[doublepost=1521670968,1521670881][/doublepost]
Uh, I can craft it, are you sure you are using the right crafting station and items? Also probably send a screenshot.
kk

speaking of criticism, a friend of mine made a small deconstruction thesis about the mod
heres the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rHPwF70yj5HLD21rfnAV22XsmKLLsf_EQptTl30j590/edit

kk

speaking of criticism, a friend of mine made a small deconstruction thesis about the mod
heres the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rHPwF70yj5HLD21rfnAV22XsmKLLsf_EQptTl30j590/edit
For a "Constructive" criticism, it looks less "politely explain everything" and more "YOU KILLED ALL MY FAMILY YOU :red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red:". Also, I don't see why there are complaints about the Subnautica's inspired ennemies. I mean, seriously. We're in Terraria, and the problem is a REFERENCE? Come on.

For a "Constructive" criticism, it looks less "politely explain everything" and more "YOU KILLED ALL MY FAMILY YOU :red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red:". Also, I don't see why there are complaints about the Subnautica's inspired ennemies. I mean, seriously. We're in Terraria, and the problem is a REFERENCE? Come on.

Constructive =/= Polite. Yes, it could be more descriptive, but plenty could be gleaned from that document to improve the mod in general. As for the Subnautica enemies, they're less of a reference and more of a direct rip, and it's not just one enemy, either. It's an entire new biome full of mostly unoriginal enemies, and that's not exactly the best.

A poor tone doesn't refute its own argument. There's a difference between taking inspiration from Subnautica as a foundation for other similar but distinct concepts, and simply lifting concepts directly from Subnautica and using them as they are.

latest

Eidolon_Wyrm_%28Juvenile%29.png

Hey. I'm the person who wrote that rant - but see what the person above said. Constructive doesn't have to be polite, and this doesn't make any points less invalid. And oh, a reference? It's not a reference. It is literally a direct visual rip.

Hey. I'm the person who wrote that rant - but see what the person above said. Constructive doesn't have to be polite, and this doesn't make any points less invalid. And oh, a reference? It's not a reference. It is literally a direct visual rip.

If it was a ripoff because of the appearance, wouldn't it cause, like, a LOT of items to be ripoffs?
Let's see...

We have: the creeper set, TMNT set, Alien set, parka outfit (to South Park), the Hero's clothes...

As of ennemies: I counted 11 for the solar eclipse that would be removed purely because they look too much like the thing they're referring to.

"But they act nothing like their original counterpart! It doesn't count then".

Well finally, let's get back to our Subnautica guys:

The first (the GL one) is indeed close to its original counterpart, but the other (the reaper), while still a reference, has nothing to do with its sub counterpart: instead, he looks like (SPOILERS!) a sea dragon.

And do they serve the same function? No. The wyrm is made to, basically, make the player understand he's not welcome here. At 3 million HP, he chases the player everywhere, harassing it until it leaves. In Subnautica, GLs are more of some kind of guardians you must sneak past.

So what I mean is: yes, they look similar, but looks aren't everything, or even patterns. The distinction between a reference and a ripoff is admittedly blurry, but to me, creativity is also adapting other things within yours, as a homage to the other, while putting your own twist in it.

My suggestion: to prevent any controversy, Fabsol could change the sprite slightly (say, making it deep green? That could be cool).

Of course, it's a matter of opinion, but here's one. And while politeness doesn't change the value of a point, it does change its credibility.

If it was a ripoff because of the appearance, wouldn't it cause, like, a LOT of items to be ripoffs?
Let's see...

We have: the creeper set, TMNT set, Alien set, parka outfit (to South Park), the Hero's clothes...

As of ennemies: I counted 11 for the solar eclipse that would be removed purely because they look too much like the thing they're referring to.

The first (the GL one) is indeed close to its original counterpart, but the other (the reaper), while still a reference, has nothing to do with its sub counterpart: instead, he looks like (SPOILERS!) a sea dragon.

And do they serve the same function? No. The wyrm is made to, basically, make the player understand he's not welcome here. At 3 million HP, he chases the player everywhere, harassing it until it leaves. In Subnautica, GLs are more of some kind of guardians you must sneak past.

So what I mean is: yes, they look similar, but looks aren't everything, or even patterns. The distinction between a reference and a ripoff is admittedly blurry, but to me, creativity is also adapting other things within yours, as a homage to the other, while putting your own twist in it.

My suggestion: to prevent any controversy, Fabsol could change the sprite slightly (say, making it deep green? That could be cool).

Of course, it's a matter of opinion, but here's one. And while politeness doesn't change the value of a point, it does change its credibility.
GL is LITERALLY IDENTICAL to the Abyss version. You can't say it's close - they're visually the same.

And they have the same purpose. Wyrm is something to be "stealthed past" according to the mod developers.

terraria overhaul + calamity makes the world gen get stuck at generating hell crag, so i made a world without overhaul then enabled it after the world was made, will this cause any issues? (+thorium)

GL is LITERALLY IDENTICAL to the Abyss version. You can't say it's close - they're visually the same.
The point still stands: it's not because it is a reference that it is a ripoff. Also, a ripoff implies a "theft" of something. If someone used the GL sprites in Sub to make it's own game, then yes, it would be a ripoff.

The point still stands: it's not because it is a reference that it is a ripoff. Also, a ripoff implies a "theft" of something. If someone used the GL sprites in Sub to make it's own game, then yes, it would be a ripoff.

Real quick I'm going to make a game. It's going to be a 3D game composed of pixels made to look old-timey-ish, and the goal of the game will be to get to another dimension and kill a dragon. That's a reference though, and influence.

If something is visually and functionally the same in two different games, it's not an influence - its a ripoff.

Let's see...

All those sets you mentioned are purely vanity, and actually work as references. As for the Solar Eclipse enemies, that's very different as none of those are from games and most of them are just parts of popular culture.

All the Subnautica reference enemies fill a considerably similar role to the ones the have in Subnautica.
[doublepost=1521674992,1521674943][/doublepost]
Snug that is incredibly hot. Bless you and everything you stand for.

All those sets you mentioned are purely vanity, and actually work as references. As for the Solar Eclipse enemies, that's very different as none of those are from games and most of them are just parts of popular culture.

All the Subnautica reference enemies fill a considerably similar role to the ones the have in Subnautica.
Well, that's my opinion not to see a real difference between the 3 cases. I see my opinion is rather impopular on this thread, and I respect that, this is why I suggest Fabsol to change the sprites a bit so that they look less like GLs, but still vaguely so.

Is there anyway to remove DoG op laser wall. Its impossible for me to beat DoG because after i get him down to half in his final form, he starts spamming the laser wall every second non stop and the walls are very insanely to successfully get through more then 4-5 of the 20-infinity anount of laser walls he spams and the wall does 230 damage in one hit with terragon and max potions. Getting theough all of them without being hit more then 4-5 times (1k health from potions armor, fruit,etc) is nigh impossible and even if i some day ever manage to beat him from pure luck after 200 tries, i will still have to beat him 5-9 times!
Only only way he can ever be beaten is disabiling his laser wall spam, is there a file i can change or delete to do so, everything requires the stuff you get frombeating him and its impossible for me to beat him even once.

Back
Top Bottom