tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
One thing I have noticed that the DoG guides (at least the ones I've seen) failed to mention is that you should be spamming your dash (shield/counter scarf) to keep up with him. Also, the platforms don't need to be anywhere near the size of the world.

And finally, keep in mind that accessory speed may be a bit imbalanced at the moment due to the massive nerf in 1.3, which may be the cause of your issues with the Goliath.

This is all pure speculation; I haven't gotten that far in my 1.3 world yet.

Actually, that's a part of her pattern: she turns invincible and stationary while firing tons of projectiles in all directions and also straight at you.

I am aware of that specific attack pattern, but I've had her go invincible whilst in other patterns as well. It's similar to when you exit the biome you summoned her in, or when she has Guardians out, but neither of those are true, nor is she in her chrysalis-looking mode that you're talking about.

One thing I have noticed that the DoG guides (at least the ones I've seen) failed to mention is that you should be spamming your dash (shield/counter scarf) to keep up with him. Also, the platforms don't need to be anywhere near the size of the world.

One thing I should have mentioned when I was talking about the DoG was that I was using the Andas Core jetpack/wings(?) from the Tremor mod to fight the boss, which allow for indefinite, relatively fast flight. The main issue I was having with the lasers is that whilst using wings, you must be moving either up or down in addition to whatever horizontal direction you're moving (unless you manage to mash spacebar at just the right interval to keep level, which I've never seen anyone pull off, to my knowledge). Since you're always moving slightly up or down, when Doggo fire's it's horizontal lasers, the only possible way you're gonna avoid hitting them (especially at the velocity it takes to outrun the boss) is with sheer luck, or if your game is lagging so hard that you're in bullet time for the whole fight.

Also, do you mean spamming dash in the direction you're kiting the boss? At any rate, I don't even have a free accessory slot that I could put a counter scarf, since I'm stacked up on offensive accessories to kill bosses before they even get the chance to pull any of their shenanigans (seriously, if the Ceaseless Void or Polterghast had any fancy tricks they used as their health went down, my Telluric Glare didn't let them live long enough to see them). I would suggest potentially adding the Counter Scarf to the recipe for the Seraph Treads, since they already serve as a sort of panacea (Mastaaa used Big Words! It's not very effective...) in terms of mobility accessories. Having to use an accessory that drops from Big Bumbo Dumbo Eye at the Beginning of the Game to fight the Almighty Unraveller of Multiverses and Consumer of All Powerful Individuals seems really, really silly.

I have a question how do you beat DoG. I've died to him about 40 times already and i'm :pumpking:king mad. His lazers are hard to get through multiple times. With the orb that shoots out more lazers it's almost impossible to dodge them all. The death mode lazers seem easyer to me just a single gap to get trough not multiple small gaps that you have to have pixel perfect jumps. Thats just RNG based and I don't like that. It ruined my Calamity mod experience. It was fun all the time the bosses were awesome the music was awesome but this :golem:king boss ruined it all for me. My suggestion is to make the lazers come out more slower so you have time to react. Because right now u have to worry about his location the orb lazers horisontal and vertical lazers. If you think it is balanced please send me a strat or a video of you or somebody beating DoG.

I have a question how do you beat DoG. I've died to him about 40 times already and i'm :pumpking:king mad. His lazers are hard to get through multiple times. With the orb that shoots out more lazers it's almost impossible to dodge them all. The death mode lazers seem easyer to me just a single gap to get trough not multiple small gaps that you have to have pixel perfect jumps. Thats just RNG based and I don't like that. It ruined my Calamity mod experience. It was fun all the time the bosses were awesome the music was awesome but this :golem:king boss ruined it all for me. My suggestion is to make the lazers come out more slower so you have time to react. Because right now u have to worry about his location the orb lazers horisontal and vertical lazers. If you think it is balanced please send me a strat or a video of you or somebody beating DoG.

As Carsius stated, apparently there were some pretty major nerfs to mobility items with some of the most recent updates for the mod, so the boss may be more difficult to evade than they had intended. My advice would be that if I'm starting to get really frustrated with a boss, especially a modded one, I use the Cheat Sheet mod to give myself the beefiest equipment in the game, wipe the floor with that boss, then trash the items I spawned and keep playing. No sense doing the same thing over and over if you're not having any fun doing it.

The long platform is not the only way to defeat the Devourer...I had a playthrough with a friend, and I was completely unable to kill the Devourer. He called me through Skype because he was going to give it a shot. He had flattened a fair bit of ground, but nowhere near as much as I had been using. He was also running on a single platform.

And he did it.

I am still salty...

I keep crashing when I approach the Sulphurous Sea. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Calamity Piss Sea Error.png
    Calamity Piss Sea Error.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 320
I am aware of that specific attack pattern, but I've had her go invincible whilst in other patterns as well. It's similar to when you exit the biome you summoned her in, or when she has Guardians out, but neither of those are true, nor is she in her chrysalis-looking mode that you're talking about.

One thing I should have mentioned when I was talking about the DoG was that I was using the Andas Core jetpack/wings(?) from the Tremor mod to fight the boss, which allow for indefinite, relatively fast flight. The main issue I was having with the lasers is that whilst using wings, you must be moving either up or down in addition to whatever horizontal direction you're moving (unless you manage to mash spacebar at just the right interval to keep level, which I've never seen anyone pull off, to my knowledge). Since you're always moving slightly up or down, when Doggo fire's it's horizontal lasers, the only possible way you're gonna avoid hitting them (especially at the velocity it takes to outrun the boss) is with sheer luck, or if your game is lagging so hard that you're in bullet time for the whole fight.

Also, do you mean spamming dash in the direction you're kiting the boss? At any rate, I don't even have a free accessory slot that I could put a counter scarf, since I'm stacked up on offensive accessories to kill bosses before they even get the chance to pull any of their shenanigans (seriously, if the Ceaseless Void or Polterghast had any fancy tricks they used as their health went down, my Telluric Glare didn't let them live long enough to see them). I would suggest potentially adding the Counter Scarf to the recipe for the Seraph Treads, since they already serve as a sort of panacea (Mastaaa used Big Words! It's not very effective...) in terms of mobility accessories. Having to use an accessory that drops from Big Bumbo Dumbo Eye at the Beginning of the Game to fight the Almighty Unraveller of Multiverses and Consumer of All Powerful Individuals seems really, really silly.
Did you fly too high above the ground? The air an (irritatingly) small distance above any surface biome counts as the overworld. Just trying to rule things out, as I constantly have problems with this happening and bosses going invincible while fighting in platform arenas.

As for your jetpack strategy, flying will cause DoG to try to headbutt you in his blue phase. As for the laser walls, again, the counter scarf/shield of cthulhu shine here, as charging through the gap in the lasers makes it much easier. In my opinion, the counter scarf and shield are some of the most useful trinkets in the game until you get their direct upgrade: Asgard's Valor. You should be able to make it before DoG and upgrade it even farther after killing him and making the forge. And yes, dash with the boss.

I have a small question for you guys: what's your headcanon about the personality of the main bosses? It's actually because I'm wondering how I could write them. While I have my idea for the DoG and Cal, I would like to know what you think for the rest, and I will take note if I see something I like.

I usally don't have problem with doggo.
Cuz everytime i make a world and kill Hive Mind/Perforators the Calamity ores and biomes dissapear i hope Fab can fix the bug because i think the Calamity mod is a very good mod(The best for me)so please fix that Bug/Glitch and if is because my computer is bad,i play in Windows 8 laptop.

I usally don't have problem with doggo.
Cuz everytime i make a world and kill Hive Mind/Perforators the Calamity ores and biomes dissapear i hope Fab can fix the bug because i think the Calamity mod is a very good mod(The best for me)so please fix that Bug/Glitch and if is because my computer is bad,i play in Windows 8 laptop.
I think that error of having all modded blocks deleted from the world is because of the Steam cloud.

Yesterday I downloaded some new mods and got into the game no problem butt today calamity had a update the second I updated it it started crashing every time I tried to load my world did the update add something that could clash with another mod or what is going on here

I hope that the enemies of Sulfurus Sea will be weakened, or they will spawn these enemies/biome later. Because Mauler does not even hardmode kill the player with one hit. It just seems to me that it breaks the balance.

I hope that the enemies of Sulfurus Sea will be weakened, or they will spawn these enemies/biome later. Because Mauler does not even hardmode kill the player with one hit. It just seems to me that it breaks the balance.
It's just luck to get to the abyss without it spawning. It's not very common anyways.

Maulers will only attack you if you get too close or damage them. Just avoid them and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom