tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
How hard would it be to make all your guns work with the Overhaul mod, so it has all the whacky screenshake, and more real gun sounds, and reloads?

I suspect its something to do with the update that went out not too long ago, I'm having the same problem, when before the update the Abyss/Sulpherous sea was fine.
I update the mod on the browser...(oddly the first time that I see a calamity update without memory issues on the browser) and works fine by me.

Hello,
Not sure if this is the correct place but since the recent update to the mod, I have been unable to create a new world while using the Calamity Mod for any combination (size and difficulty). So far, the process hangs in places such as "growing spider caves," "settling liquids" and "growing vines" with the following messages in the runtime error file:

Growing Spider Caves:
"Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetModPlayer(Player player, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T](Mod mod)
at CalamityMod.Tiles.CalamityGlobalTile.Drop(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.Drop(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)
at Terraria.WorldGen.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean fail, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean noItem)
at Terraria.TileObject.Place(TileObject toBePlaced)
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceChest(Int32 x, Int32 y, UInt16 type, Boolean notNearOtherChests, Int32 style)
at Terraria.WorldGen.AddBuriedChest(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 contain, Boolean notNearOtherChests, Int32 Style)
at Terraria.WorldGen.Spread.Spider(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__259_58(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)"

Settling Liquids:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetModPlayer(Player player, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.WorldGen.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean fail, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean noItem)
at Terraria.WorldGen.WaterCheck()
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__259_91(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Growing Vines:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__259_82(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

I was only able to play with the mod for a few days, but loved what was there. Thank you so much for making it! I'm really looking forward to starting a new world with a friend of mine, so hopefully providing these messages helps in some way to find a solution to this issue.

Quick question: what happens if we defeat a modded mob the 50th, 100th, etc. time? Does it display the message without dropping a banner? Do all mobs have banners?

Quick question: what happens if we defeat a modded mob the 50th, 100th, etc. time? Does it display the message without dropping a banner? Do all mobs have banners?
Currently nothing, since the enemies brought by Calamity do not have their specific banner as of yet.

Love the mod, but right now there are two huge issues:
1: The sea is freaking full of LEviathans, seriously, Siren needs a consumable item drop to summon instead of the trigger cuz i can't sneeze without triggering another fight.
2: Pleaguebringers are messing up jungle underground exploration, they keep spawning underground and are like annoying flies that keep hiding behind tiles.

Love the mod, but right now there are two huge issues:
1: The sea is freaking full of LEviathans, seriously, Siren needs a consumable item drop to summon instead of the trigger cuz i can't sneeze without triggering another fight.
2: Pleaguebringers are messing up jungle underground exploration, they keep spawning underground and are like annoying flies that keep hiding behind tiles.
My solution to your plaguebringer epidemic is the honey dew(or any of its upgrades) to half the damage u take from them the alchemical flask (or plague hive) to make u immune to the plague they inflict and literally anything that gives knock back immunity so they can't just toss u around like a ragdoll

I need some help killing the DoG. I'm using all the viable strategies (RoD, ranged weapons, etc.) and I can't seem to kill it. Are there any ranged weapons that work nicely against the DoG? I'm currently using the Blissful Bombardier and the Storm Dragoon.

Any weapon suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

I need some help killing the DoG. I'm using all the viable strategies (RoD, ranged weapons, etc.) and I can't seem to kill it. Are there any ranged weapons that work nicely against the DoG? I'm currently using the Blissful Bombardier and the Storm Dragoon.

In addition to those, try using the claret canon to heal you when you need it. Other than that, it's just about practice

unknown.png

explain

Who told you Rod of Discord was a good idea? Well, I tell you it is not. You burn when you use it.
[doublepost=1522894053,1522893568][/doublepost]
Yeah, actually Colossal Squid's HP increased to 250.000 / 500.000 in Expert Mode. Also, Colossal Squid has more attacks and can fly.

Hoo whee... I decided to look to see if i could find anything ANYTHING on the abyssal and lumineous amulets or the Alluring bait and saw nothing so i'm gonna add this here... Are they SUPER rare fishing drops? or does the Fishing 2.0 mod interfeer with the items being able to be caught? I would also like to say that i personally find NOTHING wrong with the References and love the Abyss so far, i will admit that the structure might need some tweaking but other then that its been pretty cool. :3

Also apparently there's a thing where the game crashes if you try to IMMEDIATELY go to the Abyss after loading the world... as that seems to be a bit of a corrolation with the problem from earlier as i was doing that when i made my last post. was trying to see if the Fishing 2.0 Mod WAS responcible for me being unable to catch those items with 544 fishing score in the Sulphurous sea.

That or it SOMETIMES happens. dunno. all i know is SOMETIMES the Abyss crashes my game, will have to see what the error report says if it happens again.

Has anyone else been experiencing near instant crashes when going into the sulfurous sea in the newest version? or am i just unlucky?

I don't think I've been that far. However, I am crashing every time Hive Mind reaches around 25% health in the second phase. Not sure what to do with it other than skip him. :(

Last edited:
being unable to catch those items with 544 fishing score in the Sulphurous sea.

Yep, here's the problem:
You have TOO MUCH fishing points to get the items.
For fishing these items you need to have a specific fishing score, which changes for every object you want to fish (you can check all these values in the Abyss page on the wiki)

For example: If you want to fish the Abyssal Amulet you need between a score of 100-140 points, so you need the Supreme Bait Station (if you already have it), a wood fishing pole and a apprentice/journeyman bait.

It should not have to, The Community has been around for a while.

In another topic; I should try to step out of my confort zone. So...anyone have a request? For a drawing, I mean.

Is there any indication that you have the buff? Like for instance your defense rating going up after beating a boss you haven't yet.

Back
Top Bottom