tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
XNslH6Z.jpg

The Devourer of Gods is up and running with some minor bugs. You thought the Destroyer was easy? Well, here is my answer to that :p
Holy moly look at that DoG sprite lmao
[doublepost=1523254352,1523254228][/doublepost]
I just started playing Calamity recently. When I updated today, several of the calamity weapons I had on weapon displays changed to completely different weapons. I'm going to guess this was because of the update. Does anyone know if this happens often in updates? If it does I guess I'll just avoid putting Calamity items on weapon displays.
Yes they do, most bad sprites get resprited consistenly, which can lead into that, but as of now, you shouldn't be afraid, as there hasn't been released any more updates as of now.

It's meant to be permanent, if you didn't want to use it then why did you keep the item in the first place?
I don't know why my friend kept it.
You had it coming, for not deleting the revegenance hourglass.
Again I don't know why my friend kept it
In any case, I think Revegenance is bound to a character, not the world.

There is a mod called "Calamity Addon" that gave you an item which disabled revengeance. I don't know if it still works with this version of calamity however.
I did fix it and then realised that calamity had an update.

Can I make my own Calamity Mod Banner (Loaded with all boss out there, and very messy today) and post it in General Mod Discussion so I can put it in my signature? I think i don't have permission so I should ask there first.

I have the vortex beater from the vanilla game. I started a calamity playthrough but after reading the WIKI I am not sure what gun is considered the first upgrade from this.

How can I assess the upgrade path to take?

When I get submerged in the Sulphurous Sea it crashes my game and gives me crash log. Is anyone else having this problem too?
unknown.png
It's a crash caused by some interaction of the Sulphurous Bubbles in the Biome. It should only happen if you get too close to the edge of the world, so as long you remain close to the beach it should be fine.
Either way it should be fixed in the next update.

Last edited:
Does the revengeance bars crash anyone elses games? I went to trash one of them revengeance things and I used it by accident and it was fine. I was enjoying the money and the new boss AI. I only fought the King Slime and the EOC. My left bar, Rage? never got full and so I never used it. Then the first time it did get full I noticed the hotbar wasn't working. Well I noticed the hotbar wasn't working and I couldn't change weapons and then I realised it was the first time the Rage bar had actually filled.

I know this shouldn't matter but it was right beside the hotbar and the hotbar was stuck on the last item right next to it. So I exited it and loaded it up again and I get the relogic logo and then black screen. I think I have had enough of modded Terraria. It is the second time I've lost a world to it.

I am running on Linux btw. I heard they don't much like Linux. When it was working fine it was fine.

I was all set to delete everything and start again vanilla, but is there a way to just turn off revengeance and get it back to the way it was? I have Thorium, Spirit and Calamity and they all worked together like a charm before this. How do I get past the black screen?

Sorry for the double post! I figured it out. I had 4GB ram on the laptop and used to play Terraria and then got another 4 so now I have 8Gb. I never thought it could be a memory issue but more than likely it was. I had 7.5 used of my 7.7!

Sorry to the devs of Calamity for suggesting it was this that was crashing my game. I closed Terraria though and still had 3 instances of it running. A process called main each eating over 1Gb!

I crash whenever i enter a world now, I have calamity, and I really hope that it isn't responsible for the crashes, as I really love the mod. I am using ubuntu trusty 14.04. any help would really be appreciated.

I crash whenever i enter a world now, I have calamity, and I really hope that it isn't responsible for the crashes, as I really love the mod. I am using ubuntu trusty 14.04. any help would really be appreciated.

Have your system monitor open and see how much RAM you have available before you start. Then Alt-Tab out and see how much is left when Terraria is running. I turned off a lot of the new lighting effects and the game runs perfectly now. It was lagging pretty bad with the multicore lighting? I think that is what it was called. I found it was acting strange after it crashed the first time it wouldn't let me past the loading screen.

An instance of vanilla Terraria was using 1.1GB for me and my modded one Spirit, Thorium and Calamity is using about 4! They are big:)

Another thing I did to stop the crashing was to remove the mods from the folder by just cutting and pasting them into another and then run the game still crashed so I reinstalled tmodloader again and started it up wiith no mods, then copy the mods back into their folder, re-enable and it seemed to work.

sure let me know how you get on

Holy moly look at that DoG sprite lmao
[doublepost=1523254352,1523254228][/doublepost]
Yes they do, most bad sprites get resprited consistenly, which can lead into that, but as of now, you shouldn't be afraid, as there hasn't been released any more updates as of now.
A single word N o s t a l g i a

I just started playing Calamity recently. When I updated today, several of the calamity weapons I had on weapon displays changed to completely different weapons. I'm going to guess this was because of the update. Does anyone know if this happens often in updates? If it does I guess I'll just avoid putting Calamity items on weapon displays.

Ah, I remember this

I had around the same situation about 2-3 months ago
When I put in a few more mods for my 2nd playthrough, I went back to my 1st world without taking off those mods, and...well...

I had legendary weapons hanged up, they all got changed, I believe
Malachite to Abombination
And...I forget the others

Hmm.
qw8DKxp.jpg

Killed a Eidolon Wyrm with pre-Providence gear, should probably fix that.

The issues:
1: It doesn't despawn when you die. Doing it without this would be substantially harder but possible.
2: It spawns when you teleport with a rod of discord.
3: It drops gear regardless of when it is spawned, since normally it can't spawn until after Poltergeist is killed, except for that ":red: you no teleporting" feature.

If you were especially determined you could kill it pretty much as soon as you entered hardmode, would take a lot of patience but I got part way there.

Hmm.
qw8DKxp.jpg

Killed a Eidolon Wyrm with pre-Providence gear, should probably fix that.

The issues:
1: It doesn't despawn when you die. Doing it without this would be substantially harder but possible.
2: It spawns when you teleport with a rod of discord.
3: It drops gear regardless of when it is spawned, since normally it can't spawn until after Poltergeist is killed, except for that ":red: you no teleporting" feature.

If you were especially determined you could kill it pretty much as soon as you entered hardmode, would take a lot of patience but I got part way there.
Being spawned with the Rod of Discord isn't an issue, it's intended.

By the way, do you have the latest version of the mod? I think that was fixed.

I think I made a booboo in my world.
I (being the dumb guy I am) decided to empty out the abyss into the Underworld, and I got a bit of the way through as well.
The only issue is that when I go into the hole to get deeper, my game crashes.

Not sure exactly what causes this? I have the crash log though.
QExKreJ.png

If I could get any help, that would be great.

Being spawned with the Rod of Discord isn't an issue, it's intended.

By the way, do you have the latest version of the mod? I think that was fixed.
I mean, I get that it's intentional, but I think it's a bit silly and its a silly way to do it so it's funny that it created a major exploit. I'm using the latest version, 1.3.1.001.

I got this weird problem, that some of my ingame music keeps muting itself.
Started a new playthrough yesterday, was running a bunch of various mods alltogether (Calamity, Thorium, kRPG, Crystillium, ...) and music would mute at random points.
After a little googling, it seems like the Sulphur Biome seems to have issues.
I tried to delete all mods from My Documents, delete the Wave Bank from Terraria directory, have steam redownload that, redownload all the mods, enable only Calamity and when i get to Sulphur music still gets muted.
Seems like Calamity is messing up the music, any fixes for that anytime soon?
Gonna have to postpone the playthrough, because playing without music sucks.

Also fix Hive Mind, doesn't despawn when you die.

my lore for loreless bosses.
Calamitas Doppelganger: After her return to Yharim's side, Calamitas was transformed into a gigantic eyeball by the tyrant as a reminder of what would happen if she should betray him again. Eager to be of assistance, Calamitas was the the first of Yharim's lieutenants to volunteer when the tyrant asked for an assistant for his next project. When Calamitas volunteered, Yharim took took her to his laboratory and took a sample of her DNA. Yharim then infused rock shells with the DNA and calamitous material for the DNA to breed in, creating an army of Calamitas clones.

Aquatic Scourge: A gigantic worm, distantly related to the eidion wyrms, and of the same genus as the desert scourge. It lives in one of the seas near Amidias' sea, and narrowly avoided having its domain dried up by Calamitas. However, the brimstone fallout from Calamitas' rage against the neighboring sea hit the sea, dissolving and imbuing the sea with toxic sulfur.

Ravager: Yharim's mother had always been friendly with the lizhards of the lizhard temple. However, after her death, her tyrant son, after his near escape from death in the underworld lava like the rest of his family, with the assistance of Yharon, purged the leaders of the jungle, including the lizhard king. Yharim then set up his base of operations in the jungle temple, enslaving and cursing the lizhards. Later, after the disastrous failed experiment resulting in the bumblebirb, Yharim resolved to create a mechanical terror, more under his control, and possibly less likely to fail. He used the reinforced bricks of the jungle temple, as well as cosmilite to create heavy armour for his planned creation. Then a thought struck him. Gathering the corpses of lizhards that had been overworked to death, he fused the armour with their flesh. He then ordered Calamitas to give the abomination a basic mind of destruction. Thus the ravager was born.

Polterghast. An amalgamation of the souls of departed dungeon dwellers, the polterghast is known to spring ambushes on unsuspecting terrarians defeating the its fellow phantom spirits.

Back
Top Bottom