tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
is the sulfur sea on the left side the only difference? are you in a different difficulty or in a different evil world?

Right now it seems it only crashes on the right side (unless someone disagrees)

For now, I checked on my compass at what block it crashes and I put a block barrier.
Both large, both crimson, both expert, right sea crashes, left sea doesn't just tested.

For whatever reason, Calamity halves my FPS... I get 144 or more with all my other like 30 mods enabled but as soon as I enable Calamity, it's right down to like 50-60, no matter what video settings I use, I can turn off multicore lighting, turn down everything to low, maybe I get another 5-10, but there's no question Calamity is doing something to annihilate my computer.

I've got an i7 and an AMD 7990, so I don't think I'm struggling for power. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Am I missing something or is Aquatic Scourge absurdly difficult for a pre-Plantera boss? I'm taking 160+ damage per hit with the best pre-Plantera summoner gear I have available (Thorium's Life Bloom armor, 38 defense, total of 67 defense w/ accessories). With its bullet hell sections I can't avoid it. I don't last more than 15 seconds. When should the Aquatic Scourge be fought, and if it's right before Plantera, how?

EDIT: It turns out this was a compatibility issue with Boss Expertise. Tried it again with it unloaded and I never took more than 60 damage in a hit.

Last edited:
Actually having the same issues here with the Sulphorous Ocean consistent crashes. Tested to make sure it wasn't just the world having some form of corrupted file but the game crashes regardless. Any E.T.A. of when this problem will be fixed and/or the next calamity update?

Are there plans to incorporate a custom "Sulphurous Sea" background for the new biome? Needless to say, the current vanilla background with blue water looks quite odd against the yellow fluid in the foreground. Something simple along the lines of the image for its theme music looks like it would fit quite nicely.

hqdefault.jpg

Apologies if this has already been discussed, or better yet, already implemented.

Moon Lord too stronk? Playing expert calamity and moon lord absolutely destroys me before I can kill a single eye. Did they buff Moon Lord or am I really terrible at this game? Eye projectiles clip me for 1/3rd of my health as homing exploding particles kill me and I can't even avoid them. I don't know anything anymore help pls.

Are there plans to incorporate a custom "Sulphurous Sea" background for the new biome? Needless to say, the current vanilla background with blue water looks quite odd against the yellow fluid in the foreground. Something simple along the lines of the image for its theme music looks like it would fit quite nicely.

hqdefault.jpg

Apologies if this has already been discussed, or better yet, already implemented.
Yeah, the background will get in eventually.

Moon Lord too stronk? Playing expert calamity and moon lord absolutely destroys me before I can kill a single eye. Did they buff Moon Lord or am I really terrible at this game? Eye projectiles clip me for 1/3rd of my health as homing exploding particles kill me and I can't even avoid them. I don't know anything anymore help pls.
Y'know, you're talking about vanilla stuff. Calamity has nothing to do with expert Moon Lord.

Y'know, you're talking about vanilla stuff. Calamity has nothing to do with expert Moon Lord.

Are you sure? I was having a tough time with regular non-expert ML just now. Projectiles I'd normally tank through since they're too tough to dodge (such as eyeball hexagon) would hit me for 180+ damage with 82 defense. The only reason I survived is because my damage was so high. Before this run I was doing a vanilla playthrough as a ranger and was able to tank most of the hits besides the lasers without much trouble. For a mod that prides itself in difficult bosses, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for it to buff the damage of some of the ML's projectiles. Maybe it's just confirmation bias, but ML certainly feels like it hits much harder this time around.

Are you sure? I was having a tough time with regular non-expert ML just now. Projectiles I'd normally tank through since they're too tough to dodge (such as eyeball hexagon) would hit me for 180+ damage with 82 defense. The only reason I survived is because my damage was so high. Before this run I was doing a vanilla playthrough as a ranger and was able to tank most of the hits besides the lasers without much trouble. For a mod that prides itself in difficult bosses, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for it to buff the damage of some of the ML's projectiles. Maybe it's just confirmation bias, but ML certainly feels like it hits much harder this time around.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/True_Eye_of_Cthulhu

You may have been double hit within a short time and the damage therefore doubled resulting in ~180 damage. Also I'm like 90% sure Calamity doesn't buff ML except for in Revengence Mode.

So I haven't seen a fix posted anywhere here, but regarding the Sulphurous Sea crash - based on the pinned message on the discord server changing the lighting setting to either Retro or Trippy fixes the crash.

So I haven't seen a fix posted anywhere here, but regarding the Sulphurous Sea crash - based on the pinned message on the discord server changing the lighting setting to either Retro or Trippy fixes the crash.
holy sh*t you are right! thanks!
btw i think they will fix it next update.

Help every time i try to go to sulfuric sea, the game crashes and i get this message, is there anyway to help?

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.Tiles.SulphurousSand.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean closer)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean closer)
at Terraria.Lighting.PreRenderPhase()
at Terraria.Lighting.LightTiles(Int32 firstX, Int32 lastX, Int32 firstY, Int32 lastY)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Help every time i try to go to sulfuric sea, the game crashes and i get this message, is there anyway to help?

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.Tiles.SulphurousSand.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean closer)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.NearbyEffects(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean closer)
at Terraria.Lighting.PreRenderPhase()
at Terraria.Lighting.LightTiles(Int32 firstX, Int32 lastX, Int32 firstY, Int32 lastY)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
I think changing your Lighting setting to Retro or Trippy fixes that.

Back
Top Bottom