tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Love it! Can't wait for Stained, Brutal Calamity!

I'm willing to bet Stained, Brutal Calamity will be really good...however...

I'm actually heavily looking forward to Yharim's theme, or Draedon's. I have a feeling that one of those two will have the best theme, personally. Mainly due to who they are, and I really liked Infernal Catharsis, mainly due to the strength of the song, and I'm hoping that Yharim's theme will be even stronger! But I don't want to be that one guy who demotivates or puts pressure on anyone. I'm positive that regardless of the song style....

...It'll be true art!

I'm willing to bet Stained, Brutal Calamity will be really good...however...

I'm actually heavily looking forward to Yharim's theme, or Draedon's. I have a feeling that one of those two will have the best theme, personally. Mainly due to who they are, and I really liked Infernal Catharsis, mainly due to the strength of the song, and I'm hoping that Yharim's theme will be even stronger! But I don't want to be that one guy who demotivates or puts pressure on anyone. I'm positive that regardless of the song style....

...It'll be true art!
Yeah! Goozma, Draedon, and Yharim's Themes will probably be amazing!

I know Calamitas and Draedon have voices, but do Yharim and Goozma have them? I think it would be a great start to voice acting for me.

I think changing your Lighting setting to Retro or Trippy fixes that.

As far as I can tell that did help, it has not crashed... but god, I really don't like those two lighting settings, they look very bad to me, the lighting are way to blocky for my taste, I like the "color" setting the most, it blends in way better with everything and just looks nicer

I know Calamitas and Draedon have voices, but do Yharim and Goozma have them? I think it would be a great start to voice acting for me.

Neither of them have had any voices, from what I have seen.

I'm willing to bet that Yharim isn't mute, however.

But Goozma's just a slime god on Yharim's Stimulants, short story short. Or atleast slime god 2.0. In a sense. (I'm sure the fight will be a lot different, but lore-wise.)

1 - Changed Crabulon AI and mushroom attack.
2 - Changed Astrageldon AI and added to boss checklist.
3 - Made rev and death Moon Lord teleport more often if the player is too far away.
4 - Added Astrageldon theme.
5 - Decreased the amount of Astral Ore tiles that need to exist in the world in order to stop an astral meteor from falling by half (400 to 200 for small world, 600 to 300 for medium, 800 to 400 for large).
6 - Made Elemental Axe and Cosmilamp minions more effective.
7 - Made SCal's seeker ring spin slower.
8 - Added a few more lore items.
9 - Reduced Wulfrum tool damage so they aren't stronger than the sword.
10 - Buffed a few legendary weapons and made their drop rates lower to make them feel more special again.
11 - Fixed possible crash that can occur with Sulphur pots and Sulphurous Sand water gen.
12 - Added Astral Jelly and Celestial Jewel.
13 - Made the dungeon cultists respawn 10 times faster on revengeance and death mode.
14 - Made Hive Mind Phase 2 less of an :red:.
15 - Added Deep Abyss theme.
16 - Gatligator now has a chance to drop from Trashers in Hardmode.
17 - Added Abyss and Sulphur minibosses as rare creatures.
18 - Made Harpy Ring increase wing flight time again.
19 - LORDE defeated.
20 - Put a cap on melee speed. For true melee weapons it's 115% and for others it's 150%. (the weapon's modifier is not affected)
21 - Lowered Cuttlefish contact damage because they are too annoying.
22 - Lowered Oarfish contact damage because they are too annoying.
23 - Made Mauler very rare prehm, uncommon hm, and normal spawn rate post-ML.
24 - Nerfed Siren's Heart again (reduced ice shield cooldown from 1 minute to 30 seconds but halved the damage reduction it gives, lowered defense boost, made discount effect active only in hardmode).
25 - Added Life Crystal recipe.
26 - Made DoG flamethrower attack do damage.
27 - Made Supreme Calamitas have 0 defense but slightly higher DR.
28 - Made DoG resist the mist from Sulphuric Acid Cannon bubbles.
29 - Removed weapons from the fishing above the abyss item drop pool because in hardmode they aren't needed and end up messing up people trying to get the accessories.
30 - Made Providence, Aquatic Scourge, and Astrageldon Slime scale in multiplayer properly. 31 - Demonic Bone Ash now drops from Demons as well as Bone Serpents.
32 - Wizard now sells Astral Chunk.
33 - Lowered Multiplayer Expert HP scaling more because a Destroyer with 1 million HP is a bit much.
34 - Gave adult eidolon wyrm more HP and made it despawn completely if you are too far away from it.
35 - Fixed the brimstone fireball rain accessory glitch in multiplayer.
36 - Made Plaguebringer Goliath never despawn until killed because multiplayer memes.
37 - Made Astrageldon drop Fallen Stars.
38 - Reduced dust sizes/amounts for most projectiles again.
39 - New amazing Ravager battle and theme added.
40 - Reduced intensity of Plaguebringer screen shader green light and Providence shader.
41 - Made Leviathan no longer summon rain when spawned.
42 - Added Brimling.
43 - Made Plaguebringer teleport back to her target if she bugs out and gets too far away.
44 - Fixed Ceaseless Void in multiplayer.
45 - Made Signus fireball rain only affect the targeted player rather than every player in multiplayer.
46 - Made sentinels drop their items per player in multiplayer instead of just for one player.
47 - Wand of Sparking recipe.
48 - Made the Life Fruit upgrades require less life fruit to craft.
49 - Added recipes for Throwing Knives and Shurikens.
50 - Made DoG Beam Portal teleport above the player if the player gets too far away from it.
51 - Reduced damage of post-DoG moon events.
52 - Feral Claws recipe.
53 - Reduced damage of post-Yharon eclipse.
54 - Made Blood Orbs drop from any Blood Moon enemy now at a 20% chance at any time of the game, not just post-ML. Still boosted by Bloodflare Armor.
55 - Made Bloodflare Armor require Blood Orbs.
56 - Made Horror debuff less annoying.
57 - Made Pre-ML bosses only immune to some debuffs, not all.
58 - SCal now removes shadow dodge.
59 - Invulnerability Hex debuff now removes 50% flight time instead of 75%.
60 - Made Sandstorm never happen Pre-Skeletron in Revengeance/Death Mode to prevent super annoying boss fights/exploration.
61 - Lowered most max life boosts that Calamity items give.
62 - Adjusted contact and projectile damage values of every boss.
63 - Adjusted armor set defense values and other stats.
64 - New Silva Armor set bonus.
65 - Changed armor set progression.
66 - Fixed Leviathan, Plaguebringer, and Providence size scaling bugs some people were having.
67 - Added some new items.
68 - Made Hive Mind/Perforator generate Aerialite Ore on first kill.
69 - Made Cryogen generate Cryonic Ore on first kill.
70 - Made Plantera generate Perennial Ore on first kill.
71 - Made Providence generate Uelibloom Ore on first kill.
72 - Changed Raider's Talisman.
73 - Changed Spirit Generator.
74 - Made the Revengeance defense scaling the same as the expert defense scaling. Trying to change that really messes with balancing and was a bad idea in the first place.
75 - Buffed Pwnage hammer and moved to post-Mechs.
76 - Buffed Tarragon weapons.
77 - New Ravager will enrage if the player is underneath it, causing it to fire projectiles more often and move more quickly.
78 - Made Yharon Soul Fragments and Calamitous Essences drop on all modes instead of just Expert.
79 - Changed the Yharon fight a bit.
80 - Lowered speed of post-ML picks.
81 - Added Auric Ore.
82 - Made Eye of Extinction and Auric Tesla Armor easier to craft.
83 - Made certain hardmode modded ores emit light. 84 - Electrolyte Gel Pack now only reduces adrenaline charge time by 10 seconds instead of 15.
85 - Increased Yharon phase 2 DR.
86 - Throwing versions for Empyrean Knives and Scourge of the Cosmos.
87 - Moray Eel now has a chance to drop Flippers.
88 - New Providence sprites.
89 - Eidolist added to post-Plantera Dungeon, Abyss levels 3 and 4, revengeance/death Cultist fight, and revengeance/death Moon Lord fight.

Here ya go.

Last edited:
3 - Made rev and death Moon Lord teleport more often if the player is too far away.
5 - Decreased the amount of Astral Ore tiles that need to exist in the world in order to stop an astral meteor from falling by half (400 to 200 for small world, 600 to 300 for medium, 800 to 400 for large).
10 - Buffed a few legendary weapons and made their drop rates lower to make them feel more special again.
11 - Fixed possible crash that can occur with Sulphur pots and Sulphurous Sand water gen.
13 - Made the dungeon cultists respawn 10 times faster on revengeance and death mode.
19 - LORDE defeated.
20 - Put a cap on melee speed. If it's over 125% it will be reduced to 125%.
24 - Nerfed Siren's Heart again (reduced ice shield cooldown from 1 minute to 30 seconds but halved the damage reduction it gives, lowered defense boost, made discount effect active only in hardmode).
29 - Removed weapons from the fishing above the abyss item drop pool because in hardmode they aren't needed and end up messing up people trying to get the accessories.
30 - Made Providence, Aquatic Scourge, and Astrageldon Slime scale in multiplayer properly. 31 - Demonic Bone Ash now drops from Demons as well as Bone Serpents.
33 - Lowered Multiplayer Expert HP scaling more because a Destroyer with 1 million HP is a bit much.
34 - Gave adult eidolon wyrm more HP and made it despawn completely if you are too far away from it.
36 - Made Plaguebringer Goliath never despawn until killed because multiplayer memes.
40 - Reduced intensity of Plaguebringer screen shader green light and Providence shader.
42 - Added Brimling.
43 - Made Plaguebringer teleport back to her target if she bugs out and gets too far away.
45 - Made Signus fireball rain only affect the targeted player rather than every player in multiplayer.
46 - Made sentinels drop their items per player in multiplayer instead of just for one player.
50 - Made DoG Beam Portal teleport above the player if the player gets too far away from it.
52 - Feral Claws recipe.
54 - Made Blood Orbs drop from any Blood Moon enemy now at a 20% chance at any time of the game, not just post-ML. Still boosted by Bloodflare Armor.
60 - Made Sandstorm never happen Pre-Skeletron in Revengeance/Death Mode to prevent super annoying boss fights/exploration.
66 - Fixed Leviathan, Plaguebringer, and Providence size scaling bugs some people were having.
74 - Made the Revengeance defense scaling the same as the expert defense scaling. Trying to change that really messes with balancing and was a bad idea in the first place.
77 - New Ravager will enrage if the player is underneath it, causing it to fire projectiles more often and move more quickly.
78 - Made Yharon Soul Fragments and Calamitous Essences drop on all modes instead of just Expert.
81 - Added Auric Ore.
83 - Made certain hardmode modded ores emit light. 84 - Electrolyte Gel Pack now only reduces adrenaline charge time by 10 seconds instead of 15.
89 - Eidolist added to post-Plantera Dungeon, Abyss levels 3 and 4, revengeance/death Cultist fight, and revengeance/death Moon Lord fight.

Here ya go.

So the update is now out?
EDIT: Nvm, just saw it's out

Last edited:
19 - LORDE defeated.
20 - Put a cap on melee speed. If it's over 125% it will be reduced to 125%.
42 - Added Brimling.
52 - Feral Claws recipe.
81 - Added Auric Ore.

Here ya go.
Ooh! I can't wait to see providence's new sprite! I already know the guardian's, ravager's, and Astrageldon's new sprites thanks to Dokuro!

Really don't dig the attack speed cap. Things like this make mods not play nicely with one another.

If you want melee speed to not bug out or cause imbalance then make the content in the mod reflect this. Slower weapons and/or less significant bonuses.

When you do stuff like this it makes the mod more of a conversion than a mod.

Basically, don't force players to play how you want them to play. This was brought up with the anti cheat crap on the bosses and holds true for stuff like this as well.

Last edited:
Really don't dig the attack speed cap. Things like this make mods not play nicely with one another.

If you want melee speed to not bug out or cause imbalance then make the content in the mod reflect this. Slower weapons and/or less significant bonuses.

When you do stuff like this it makes the mod more of a conversion than a mod.

Basically, don't force players to play how you want them to play. This was brought up with the anti cheat crap on the bosses and holds true for stuff like this as well.
While the limit is there, I've never hit it in my entire melee plathrough, and even when I used all melee speed modifiers, it wasn't that noticeable.

this mod is the best mod for any game I've seen on the internet. there WERE a few down sides with the sprites at one point *coughscorneatercough* but they've really improved, and some enemies that were just a meh look completely awesome. this mod deserves a solit 10/10 for a large story (that isn't shoved down your throat), tough bosses, and overall bursting creativity

Hey.
I and my friend play with Calamity Mod first time.In Pre-Hardmode we was had some difficulties but they was solved by better armour and weapons.But now in Early-Hardmode we don't know what must doing.We have crafted some new weapons and Daedalus armor but when tried to beat the Destroyer we taken him 2/3 hp points and lose.Please,give advice us,what armor/weapon/accessories we should craft/find to successfully slay first hardmode bosses.We are Mage and Melee.

Hey.
I and my friend play with Calamity Mod first time.In Pre-Hardmode we was had some difficulties but they was solved by better armour and weapons.But now in Early-Hardmode we don't know what must doing.We have crafted some new weapons and Daedalus armor but when tried to beat the Destroyer we taken him 2/3 hp points and lose.Please,give advice us,what armor/weapon/accessories we should craft/find to successfully slay first hardmode bosses.We are Mage and Melee.
i suggest fighting cryogen first since it's before destroyer but after wall o' flesh

I just downloaded the update and in multiplayer with a friend, fighting the desert scourge is causing the game to crash out. It seems to throw a bunch of "world change" type messages before it crashes, though. I can't see them as they flash by and then the game kicks me back to the main screen. Anyone else seeing this?

Back
Top Bottom