tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
While the limit is there, I've never hit it in my entire melee plathrough, and even when I used all melee speed modifiers, it wasn't that noticeable.

It is very easy to hit that cap with many other mods. Having it is a slap into the face of players using these mods.

Quite simply, non conversion content mods should never change the core functionality of the base game otherwise they potentially mess with all other content mods someone might use.

Me and a friend have this weird problem. The Astrageldon Slime boss does not drop Astral Jelly when dying, as it should. Instead, it drops lesser healing potions (??). Is this a known issue?

Me and a friend have this weird problem. The Astrageldon Slime boss does not drop Astral Jelly when dying, as it should. Instead, it drops lesser healing potions (??). Is this a known issue?
dont expect a mod be completely free from glitches in multiplayer.

I don't expect anyone here to agree with this or even respond, but it fits here, so here goes.

I feel like Supreme Calamitas' hit cap is bad design.

Now, before you all chime in with the old "git gud" or anything like that, let me preface this complaint. I'm used to challenge in games. I learned to play with games from the original Nintendo era, fan of Roguelikes, 100%'d Souls games, etc. etc. I've also done playthroughs of Calamity, a complete one before SCal's anti-cheese was put in, and a 99% complete Revengeance run after. I'll be honest, I'm not as skilled of a gamer as I was when I was younger, but I enjoyed Terraria and this mod enough to play through it all.

Anyway, on to the main point. My biggest complaint is that it comes out of nowhere. It's not used anywhere else or even hinted to in the mod. There's no debuff inflicted at the start of the fight that hints to it, like "Fragile Mortality: Calamitas' attacks tear at your very life force..." or whatever. Not patient enough to learn the fight and just want to use a god mode cheat to see it all the way through for completion's sake? Nope, hit cap still applies because... why? I get SC's a super boss and it's not meant to be a cakewalk. The difficulty is in a good enough place without the hit cap, IMO. Leave it in on Revengeance/Death modes, sure. It adds complexity to the fight besides "use OP gear, tank hits, spam potions". But for a more casual player like me or less skilled ones who just want to see the content, what do you get out of what's basically making fun of someone playing the game with more assistance? It reminds me of the old Final Fantasy 11 scenario with Absolute Virtue of the devs wanting players to find out The One True Way to defeat the boss legit and nerfing all the alternative strategies that people found.

And sure, I could just use a mod to just give myself a million of SC's drops. The incomplete boss checklist, though. It mocks me.

Just a wonderful mod. Calamity is on every single play through for me. Thank you for your great work and contribution to Terraria.

I hope this mod continues to get better and better.

Also, where can I find a change log?

Help me with the abyss, I keep trying to go down there to get depth cells but the dumb Eidolon Wyrm keep spawning in and one shotting me even at times when i don't use the rod of discord, at least it feels that way

Ah, an awesome yet somewhat bittersweet update indeed...

On the positive side, a lot of those updated sprites look really good - especially the Providence one, good god that looks awesome. On top of that, a lot of those quality of life changes were things I either was hoping would come for a while now, or didn't know I needed but now I know I need them.

But on the negative side... the legitimate removal of the LORDE is a sad day indeed... in fact, it means I cannot update the mod until I finish my current run with my friend as our world - appropriately named "I wanna be the LORDE" - was made specifically to reach the end and kill the LORDE in Death mode. So one day I will enjoy this, and future updates, but it is not this day...

Help me with the abyss, I keep trying to go down there to get depth cells but the dumb Eidolon Wyrm keep spawning in and one shotting me even at times when i don't use the rod of discord, at least it feels that way
Well, bruh, don't go so deep. Just get depth cells from the enemies in higher layers.

so i'm probably super late about what i'm about to ask and don't feel like going through 650 pages to find an answer, but is andromeda still going to be a thing or did you abandonned the project?

Crash when building a new world on dedicated server

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetModPlayer(Player player, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T](Mod mod)
at CalamityMod.Tiles.CalamityGlobalTile.Drop(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.Drop(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)
at Terraria.WorldGen.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean fail, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean noItem)
at Terraria.WorldGen.WaterCheck()
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__259_91(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

v1.3.2.1 Calamity Mod

Was using medium sized.

Last edited:
During pre-hardmode Blood Moon one of the mobs dropped Plauge Staff. Not sure which one becouse I've noticed it after event ended. I guess it's not intended to drop so early in the game. It was today, after updating the mod.

KPPaV2D.jpg

Yharon is unpassable for me even with silva armor (silva armor is required to get to the Yharon's 5 phase), he just flying away, if wiki says, that Yharon goes 5 phase, if you have silva armor. Just WTF?

Anyone else think that Calamity is amazing, but is just missing something? I think that the one thing that is missing are some town NPCs!

Hey man, the mod is really awesome! Great work!! But, can you give the previous version of the 1.3.2.1 please? The new's throwing me an error every time I try to enter in my world T.T

Back
Top Bottom