tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
SpectralAves has a new Calamity Chiptune Mod using his Calamity Chiptune Remixes and I love it!

Also, I've been wanting to know what the Yharim's Domain Addon and Legendaries+ Mod do; could I please get some info on those? It would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I made my own version of the holy colider.

Attachments

• 1536615974156_New Piskel-1.png
    1536615974156_New Piskel-1.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 262
Thanks. Also do you know if there is a way to get the items for the Elysian tracers that require the expert loot? Doing two seperate play throughs, ones a multiple mod pt in expert and the other is Calamity in normal. Should I get them from my expert pt and take them to my normal map?
u should play expert (revengence) , why not complete first normal pt ? and then play expert and then u should try revengence mode
and getting expert mode items to normal world IS BROKEN
example:if u have plantera expert item or shiny stone golem expert drop in normal world u will be very OP tbh

Thanks. Also do you know if there is a way to get the items for the Elysian tracers that require the expert loot? Doing two seperate play throughs, ones a multiple mod pt in expert and the other is Calamity in normal. Should I get them from my expert pt and take them to my normal map?
Armageddon can be used to get Expert stuff in normal. You can craft it at a Demon Altar.
When used, any hit you take will kill you instantly (this only happens during boss fights). Bosses killed in this mode drop 9 bags in Normal, 10 in Expert and 11 in Rev.

The expert starting items (the starter bag, the iron heart and the revengeance thingamajig) overwrites other mods starting items in slots 8, 9 and 0.

I'm not thinking about it too hard, I'm backing my argument. It's better than me not explaining anything about why exactly I have the opinion I do and simply repeating "she just sucks and the hit counter is bull:red:."

Do you assume I'm not aware of that? This is the case for all, if not almost every boss in both Vanilla and Calamity. You're going to die over and over again, until you get it right. Again, my issue isn't with her attacks. I think as a Superboss, they should be punishingly difficult and require a lot of attempts to actually understand and avoid damage properly. My problem is solely with her hit counter, as I thought I had made clear.

I think this is a fair reward for a superboss, I can agree with you here. Fabsol made it so that you really shouldn't have to fight her more than once, as the fight is the most difficult challenge currently present in the entire mod. But I'm not talking about the items, I'm talking about the fight. The fight's unfair difficulty isn't just made up with the fact that you get armour you're most likely just going to need to beat Yharim, or any boss that may come after him.

I didn't say it was too high, I said I don't think it's high enough. And the mechanic in the Void Wyvern fight is something I also have a problem with, but not as much of an issue as I have here, as the fight is structured differently than this one.

I agree with you! Her fight is unique, I haven't seen anything like it in most mods, and even in most games I've played. She stands out very specifically because of her challenge and the atmosphere of her fight, along with the dialogue inclusion where you get a small insight into the very challenge you'll be facing next. However, is the hit counter truly necessary for this? I think there's so many more elements that are unique to this fight, such as the fact that it's a mixture of both an orthodox battle AND a bullet hell, along with the sheer mood and atmosphere established itself. The fight is one of the most dramatics things I've gone through in Terraria all together. But this effect is achieved entirely without the inclusion of the hit counter, the thing I was most focused on in my rebuttal. If it was removed, and compensated for, not much would change beyond the fact that you don't inevitably die in 10 hits.
holy jesus you type alot o_o

Desperate for Providence help. With the latest patches this fight seems darn near impossible. I've added all of the buffs I can get, Def ~ 120. I have Searaph Tracers as well as trying with both Ark of the ancients and Galactus Blade. Created an arena with heart potions, campfires, and honey. All of the best accessories including Astral Bulwark I can get at this point with Warding.
Main problem seems to be speed. I can't outrun the Profane Guardians most of the time and even when I can take them out the fires around Providence are just taking me down too quickly. Staying moderately close to her. It seemed a few weeks back before I got the latest builds I could get somewhat close but now this feels impossible. Any specific strategies I might be missing for fighting her with the latest versions?
Thanks,
Mohneyman

Desperate for Providence help. With the latest patches this fight seems darn near impossible. I've added all of the buffs I can get, Def ~ 120. I have Searaph Tracers as well as trying with both Ark of the ancients and Galactus Blade. Created an arena with heart potions, campfires, and honey. All of the best accessories including Astral Bulwark I can get at this point with Warding.
Main problem seems to be speed. I can't outrun the Profane Guardians most of the time and even when I can take them out the fires around Providence are just taking me down too quickly. Staying moderately close to her. It seemed a few weeks back before I got the latest builds I could get somewhat close but now this feels impossible. Any specific strategies I might be missing for fighting her with the latest versions?
Thanks,
Mohneyman
Try placing down some asphalt blocks? Or Asphalt platforms if you've got that item laying around. Otherwise you need a massively wide open arena to fight in and high damaging weapons.

Thanks,
Mohneyman
Try the Master Ninja Gear (Your better off with the upgrade: https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Statis'_Ninja_Belt), the dashing it provides really helps avoid attacks.

Update is out. It does things:

1 - Fixed many, many bugs, notably including: Astral Arcanum UI texture loading (multiplayer is fixed!), Draedon's Forge now works like an Anvil, Furnace, and Ancient Manipulator, Counter scarf no longer triggers on friendly NPCS, and many more.
2 - Various resprites.
3 - Added Frous' Crabulon and Niorin's Cryogen resprites.
4 - Crabulon Mask.
5 - Made some attacks/enemies for some bosses rev-exclusive and added some rev-exclusive attacks to certain bosses. Like Brim. Ele. Brimlings, new Ceaseless Void attack, and many more.
6 - s00per s3crEt.
7 - Changed Hell theme to the Crag theme because I can't override it any other way.
8 - Gave Cultist a new theme that previously belonged to the Ancient Doomsayer.
9 - Removed the future bosses.

Haven't made a post here in ages and I don't expect to make many more, but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom