tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Hi, i downloaded the game, a didn't bought it, i can't afford and i think there is no way to play calamity on pirate terraria, ive triyed for 3 days, i downloaded the mod trough ingame mod browser but the game crash when i create a world.

there is no hope, i really want to play this mod

Hi, i downloaded the game, a didn't bought it, i can't afford and i think there is no way to play calamity on pirate terraria, ive triyed for 3 days, i downloaded the mod trough ingame mod browser but the game crash when i create a world.

there is no hope, i really want to play this mod

Please do not bring up that you have a pirated version of the game.

It is not permitted to discuss it here on the official Terraria Forums and can lead to account action if continued. I'd recommend reading about our policy in detail here:

https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ation-concerning-piracy-and-scam-links.49989/

ok, magically i purchased terraria with the money that i magically get, (I CANT AFFORD THE GAME CUS IM FROM VENEZUELA SADLY) i really want to play the mod

i runed the cmd tmod file to create a world but stop when get to creating vines or setting liquids, if i create a world in game just crash

They would if the mod owner (me) adds support. I just need to know the bools in this mod for Revengeance/Death mode.

It would be a bad idea to take a very vital, important and recognizable part of this mod and just kinda throw it in your mod without asking the creator of the mod themselves directly.

Hey!

So, not sure if this is the right place to post this but I thought especially for Calamity's unique progression system I would suggest it here and see what other people are thinking about this idea. I apologize when this has already been suggested. And I also apologize if this is not the right place to post this. And since I have no modding knowledge I don't know whether that is actually possible or not.

So, my idea here is based on a play-through after a play-through. A Prestige mode to be precise. I always thought how awesome it would be if you could continue Terraria in a new, fresh world with your current equipment, skill, achievements... Just basically everything you have, but the world is still scaled around you. In other words, having the best equipment in that one world would feel like lightly improved equipment in that new prestige world.

The way I thought this up would probably require a ton of coding but that was the only way I could think it up. When defeating the last calamity boss that is not a super boss (Aka the Jungle Dragon) it will drop a prestigious item, perhaps a special crystal that - when applied on a new world within the first 5 minutes - Will completely scale up the entire gameplay. A Zombie as example would be powerful enough to actually damage you by quite a bit despite your armor, and could take enough damage despite your weapons.

The same could go for every single enemy in the game, but also the entire equipment system. Perhaps new versions of the crafting stations could be released, allowing the crafting of special prestigious equipment. Prestige gold armor as example which would act like it's own early game armor in the prestige world, but technically end-game armor in a normal world. I think you catch the point here. So it feels like a whole new gameplay scaled around your character, perhaps giving you some benefits like receiving even more health through prestige health crystals and prestige life fruits, special prestige weapon drops, resources, equipments etc that only drop from prestigious enemies and bosses... All that kind of stuff. Blocks could receive enough health to not be destroyed by end-tier pickaxes in one go. So basically scaling the entire game around your old character.

To be fair that's probably more work than it's worth it considering one could just start a new character entirely but I thought I would just throw this thought into the room, perhaps someone likes that idea. Whether it's possible or not or useful is another story. And it's also not a worked out idea, just a rough thought.

Yeah... Thoughts? Or better question is would it really be worth it/possible?

Regards ~ Peri

Hey!

So, not sure if this is the right place to post this but I thought especially for Calamity's unique progression system I would suggest it here and see what other people are thinking about this idea. I apologize when this has already been suggested. And I also apologize if this is not the right place to post this. And since I have no modding knowledge I don't know whether that is actually possible or not.

So, my idea here is based on a play-through after a play-through. A Prestige mode to be precise. I always thought how awesome it would be if you could continue Terraria in a new, fresh world with your current equipment, skill, achievements... Just basically everything you have, but the world is still scaled around you. In other words, having the best equipment in that one world would feel like lightly improved equipment in that new prestige world.

The way I thought this up would probably require a ton of coding but that was the only way I could think it up. When defeating the last calamity boss that is not a super boss (Aka the Jungle Dragon) it will drop a prestigious item, perhaps a special crystal that - when applied on a new world within the first 5 minutes - Will completely scale up the entire gameplay. A Zombie as example would be powerful enough to actually damage you by quite a bit despite your armor, and could take enough damage despite your weapons.

The same could go for every single enemy in the game, but also the entire equipment system. Perhaps new versions of the crafting stations could be released, allowing the crafting of special prestigious equipment. Prestige gold armor as example which would act like it's own early game armor in the prestige world, but technically end-game armor in a normal world. I think you catch the point here. So it feels like a whole new gameplay scaled around your character, perhaps giving you some benefits like receiving even more health through prestige health crystals and prestige life fruits, special prestige weapon drops, resources, equipments etc that only drop from prestigious enemies and bosses... All that kind of stuff. Blocks could receive enough health to not be destroyed by end-tier pickaxes in one go. So basically scaling the entire game around your old character.

To be fair that's probably more work than it's worth it considering one could just start a new character entirely but I thought I would just throw this thought into the room, perhaps someone likes that idea. Whether it's possible or not or useful is another story. And it's also not a worked out idea, just a rough thought.

Yeah... Thoughts? Or better question is would it really be worth it/possible?

Regards ~ Peri

And also maybe a new Biome that is threatening to the world, like the Crimson or Corruption, slowly taking over. Or maybe just said biome is just really strong.
And The Abyss gets much much much more dangerous.

This could also be done with a new game mode (like Normal or Expert) instead of an item, that is absolutely impossible without end-game Normal/Expert gear.

Sounds interesting.

Once had the idea of a new world evil which I wanted to work out but then realized after 7 pages how long it gets. Wanted to call it "The Disease" as a hard version for the corruption and crimson but ehh... never got around to do so. Besides, it's never guaranteed to be implemented into the game so writing over 10 pages of text for an idea for a low chance for it being added is kind of discouraging.

Yeah, a new game mode would be better, didn't think of that. lol. We could have normal, expert and prestige. Would also be much easier to add. I think at least. I mean to properly make this work, we need to take the entire game into account, not just enemies and equipment, but also blocks, gameplay, environment, we would have to keep in mind that debuffs and buffs exist... it's a difficult thing to think about to be honest.. Perhaps prestige mode could even allow the new world evil to be chosen. Always wanted to have a virus-like world evil with a nice poison-green coloration and a lot of DoT effects. Who knows, maybe the dev of this mod already had something like this in mind.

Once had the idea of a new world evil which I wanted to work out but then realized after 7 pages how long it gets. Wanted to call it "The Disease" as a hard version for the corruption and crimson but ehh... never got around to do so. Besides, it's never guaranteed to be implemented into the game so writing over 10 pages of text for an idea for a low chance for it being added is kind of discouraging.

Yeah, a new game mode would be better, didn't think of that. lol. We could have normal, expert and prestige. Would also be much easier to add. I think at least. I mean to properly make this work, we need to take the entire game into account, not just enemies and equipment, but also blocks, gameplay, environment, we would have to keep in mind that debuffs and buffs exist... it's a difficult thing to think about to be honest.. Perhaps prestige mode could even allow the new world evil to be chosen. Always wanted to have a virus-like world evil with a nice poison-green coloration and a lot of DoT effects. Who knows, maybe the dev of this mod already had something like this in mind.

I like this idea a lot. I've always been looking for World Evil Alternatives... Or... Alternatives period. Can't find any in actual mod form, just ideas that don't see the light.

hi mate, great work with this mod (and my that seemed difficult skeleton and Duke Fishron the first time I play) but with your mod it takes about 5 times to kill skeletron and sienod hinesto have kicked my butt more times than I can count ... well I decided to play from scratch always with the maximum difficulty.
although I would like to get to see ncp of the house, your mod has very good material for some very interesting, for example, you want a ncp based on providense, like that you coviertas in your new and (apparently) only follower, or maybe a piece of furniture made with the heart of the elements, which would allow you to move to a mix of all the elementals that you can also do as a boss ... I was just thinking ... finally, thanks for the great work and keep it up.

Hey Drew, I want to ask you something. Can I download Calamity on my PS4 with my Apple PC? I am watching Chippygaming and I was like: ‘That’s cool.’ But, my parents don’t allow me downloading Terraria on the Mac. Please help me out!

-kynelian, starting Youtuber

Back
Top Bottom