tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Suggestion; ‘enhanced’ counter scarf and ‘enhanced’ Shield of Cthulhu.
Since you’ve nerfed the counter scarf in the name of balance, which I have no complaints about, this is an alternative.
The enhancement does nothing but lengthening the dash.
In order to enhance a gear, you just combine the item you want to enhance with a tabi, simple, right?
I made this simple since there’s already far too much grinding in the mod, and this is a simple and balanced alternative.
The balance comes from the difficulty of the post-plantera bosses of calamity.
You could also make a combination between counter scarf and master ninja gear, but that would have to be a post-moon lord accessory or else it would be too OP.

Suggestion; ‘enhanced’ counter scarf and ‘enhanced’ Shield of Cthulhu.
Since you’ve nerfed the counter scarf in the name of balance, which I have no complaints about, this is an alternative.
The enhancement does nothing but lengthening the dash.
In order to enhance a gear, you just combine the item you want to enhance with a tabi, simple, right?
I made this simple since there’s already far too much grinding in the mod, and this is a simple and balanced alternative.
The balance comes from the difficulty of the post-plantera bosses of calamity.
You could also make a combination between counter scarf and master ninja gear, but that would have to be a post-moon lord accessory or else it would be too OP.
It'd be a good idea to go to the Discord server to suggest stuff.

Posting change logs only on a discord comes off as pretty unprofessional IMO. Won't look good if you used that as portfolio pieces.
Also would have agree with Godley as well. I don't like being forced to join servers to learn information.
Fabsol pretty much said "I'm too lazy to properly post change logs" with that last post.

Unfortunately, from what I had heard, the discord was a chaotic mess with the worse kind of community salt and random bans everywhere.
Well, honestly I'm not sure what to tell you. I've never seen someone get banned without a reason. Actually one of the rules of the server is "If you disagree with your punishment, discuss your case with the moderator in question in PMs. If afterwards you still feel it was unjust, PM an administrator or higher. Mutes last for 24 hours, and extended mutes last 48 hours, unless proper evidence is provided that the mute was unfair. Avoiding a warn or mute without any proper reason will result in a ban." About the community part, I wouldn't worry about it if you only want to suggest a thing, download new versions or contribute to the wiki (That's what I usually do). Tho I don't know anything about the other chats.

HEY FABSOL
I WAS BANNED FROM YOUR DISCORD SERVER FOR NO REASON !
SERVE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE
RIGHT NOW!
JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED
Really, by saying that I can assume you didn't read that part of the rules that says "If you disagree with your punishment, discuss your case with the moderator in question in PMs. If afterwards you still feel it was unjust, PM an administrator or higher. Mutes last for 24 hours, and extended mutes last 48 hours, unless proper evidence is provided that the mute was unfair. Avoiding a warn or mute without any proper reason will result in a ban." Spamming here won't get your ban undone.

Well, honestly I'm not sure what to tell you. I've never seen someone get banned without a reason. Actually one of the rules of the server is "If you disagree with your punishment, discuss your case with the moderator in question in PMs. If afterwards you still feel it was unjust, PM an administrator or higher. Mutes last for 24 hours, and extended mutes last 48 hours, unless proper evidence is provided that the mute was unfair. Avoiding a warn or mute without any proper reason will result in a ban." About the community part, I wouldn't worry about it if you only want to suggest a thing, download new versions or contribute to the wiki (That's what I usually do). Tho I don't know anything about the other chats.

Really, by saying that I can assume you didn't read that part of the rules that says "If you disagree with your punishment, discuss your case with the moderator in question in PMs. If afterwards you still feel it was unjust, PM an administrator or higher. Mutes last for 24 hours, and extended mutes last 48 hours, unless proper evidence is provided that the mute was unfair. Avoiding a warn or mute without any proper reason will result in a ban." Spamming here won't get your ban undone.
You’ve never seen anyone getting banned without a reason, yet immediately after you replied to someone who got banned without a reason.
Irony at its worst.

You’ve never seen anyone getting banned without a reason, yet immediately after you replied to someone who got banned without a reason.
Irony at its worst.
Pretty sure he didn't get banned without a reason. That's why I tell him to talk with an admin if he thinks there wasn't a reason.

I'm somewhat late to the party with mods, but can someone check me on this?
The Lucky modifier on accessories is changed to 2% with this mod, right? Cause I can't find that in the wiki or anything (maybe I'm just bad at searching), and this somewhat irks me.

I WAS LITRALY BANNED FOR INSULTING SOME ONE PET ON ACCDEINT
I EVEN MADE AN APOLGY
YET THEY TAKE ME AS A JOKE AND KEEP INSULTING ME
YEAH BECAUASE A LITTLE DEAD CAT IS WORTH MORE THAN I CAN EVER BE
AND THEY MUTED ME KICKED ME AND PERM BAN ME
LIKE SEROUSILY?

@paladin asvr

This is not an appropriate way to express your issue. We have no jurisdiction on what happens in Discord or any site outside of these Forums, as a result we ask that Discord drama and issues not be brought here.

If you have an issue that happened off site, taking it up in a PM or a different site is a better way to go about it. Please do not bring Discord drama here.

@paladin asvr

This is not an appropriate way to express your issue. We have no jurisdiction on what happens in Discord or any site outside of these Forums, as a result we ask that Discord drama and issues not be brought here.

If you have an issue that happened off site, taking it up in a PM or a different site is a better way to go about it. Please do not bring Discord drama here.
This is why I refuse to join Discord groups for mods.

In all seriousness, I'm waiting for the grand finale update. So then people can stop getting angry at the calamity devs for stuff. You all should know Morning Drew is mentally unstable, so don't be surprised you got unreasonably booted.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Calamity got too big, too fast.
like, the development is :red:ed at this point, the mod doesn't even run anymore on ALOT of people's PCs due to it needing far too much RAM. (people are asking for older versions because of this)
As I suggested before, the music needs to be split off into a seperate mod.
Furthermore, I got a hunch Calamity will have to be made for that upcoming TModLoader 64Bit version at this rate to handle more than 4GBs of memory and bypass the hardcoded memory limit.

Last edited:
You all should know Morning Drew is mentally unstable, so don't be surprised you got unreasonably booted.
Not cool @IDGCaptainRussia. Say what you want about the mod, and state it politely, but do not start attacking the person. This forum will not put up with such rudeness.

well i got nothing to say here anymore then
or will i ?
you guys have to understand one thing
let me drop some wisdom here
to be fully at peace , of any problem
you need to treat everything and ANYTHING
justfully and righteoussly
everybody deserves a chance
like i dont understand
how could anyone ban someone permentaly just for a temporial mistake
and i even made an apolgy
[doublepost=1546783712,1546783574][/doublepost]the reason i choose this thread is because
fabsol
you know, he is supposed to be the boss here
he puplished this mod
and his discord
so he must be fully responsiable for anything to anyone who follows his trail
@paladin asvr, you were informed that these forums do not permit outside drama to be brought here. And yet you are continuing. This is your second warning. Leave the drama off these forums - if you’ve got a problem with something that happened off these forums, take care of it off these forums.

If you continue you will have your account restricted, and you won’t get to act like it was undeserved because everyone can see what you’re doing right here.

Not cool @IDGCaptainRussia. Say what you want about the mod, and state it politely, but do not start attacking the person. This forum will not put up with such rudeness.
Not my words: Fabsol talked about it publicly in his own channel in the discord. I'm just simply repeating what he said (granted, not the same words, but the same meaning, so on) for those who refuse to join the discord. I got nothing against the guy, he's not having it easy and I do feel pity for all the responsibility he has now he has trouble keeping up with. I'm just saying to not expect him to work wonders for those who think he can.

But if we must retain formalities, Sorry for the stir and I won't bring it up again. This isn't my battle anyways so why I'm getting involved is beyond me. I tend to get annoyed by others being annoyed.

and i am banned
justice served me right?
I think you still owe some apologizes for getting your panties in a twist and yelling with capslock. Atleast that first.
But, as I was saying, Fabsol owns the largest Terraria mod to date, and he just can't handle it very well anymore, it's having effects on his health and people like you demanding he answer to every little bit is overwhelming.
This is what I meant with what sounded like an insult in my last post and I'm sorry to fabsol if that's what it was viewed as.

and i am banned
justice served me right?
Your privileges to post in this thread have been removed.

Not my words: Fabsol talked about it publicly in his own channel in the discord. I'm just simply repeating what he said (granted, not the same words, but the same meaning, so on) for those who refuse to join the discord. I got nothing against the guy, he's not having it easy and I do feel pity for all the responsibility he has now he has trouble keeping up with. I'm just saying to not expect him to work wonders for those who think he can.

But if we must retain formalities, Sorry for the stir and I won't bring it up again. This isn't my battle anyways so why I'm getting involved is beyond me. I tend to get annoyed by others being annoyed.
Ah, I understand, thank you for the clarification CaptainRussia. I think it’s best though if the discussion here is about the Calamity mod and does not delve into personal things about any mod developers themselves.

So whenever I try to enable the mod, it always shows me the same error message,

An error occurred while loading CalamityMod
This mod has automatically been disable. See below for actual error:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at CalamityMod.CalamityMod.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(object threadContext)

This same error shows up every time I try to enable it. I'm not sure what to do
Does anyone know how to fix this so that I can actually use the mod?
I'm having the exact same problem

Hello so i got banned cuz i owned "pirated" (cracked) terraria from your discord server but i bought terraria so can i please be unbanned ?
Hi there @Wall of Cheese, if you got banned from the Calamity Discord, you'll need to take care of that somewhere else besides here. This forum has nothing to do with the Calamity Discord. I suggest you contact the appropriate members of the discord another way - by private message or however you can. This forum is not going to be a place to discuss and resolve actions taken within the Calamity Discord.

Hi there @Wall of Cheese, if you got banned from the Calamity Discord, you'll need to take care of that somewhere else besides here. This forum has nothing to do with the Calamity Discord. I suggest you contact the appropriate members of the discord another way - by private message or however you can. This forum is not going to be a place to discuss and resolve actions taken within the Calamity Discord.
thanks for the fast reply but please dont mind me as i have no other way of contacting him since i dont have any of the calamity discord members tags to ask them nor any other way please consider keeping this appeal here and i'm sorry for bothering you :)

How come all the throwing weapons in this mod because rogue weapons? Wouldn't that cause issues with other mods' throwing weapons, meaning you couldn't mix and match them without having the full benefits of both from damage bonuses and such? I get the impression that would just make things a lot more complex and mess up running multiple mods with new throwing weapons.

Back
Top Bottom