tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
thanks for the fast reply but please dont mind me as i have no other way of contacting him since i dont have any of the calamity discord members tags to ask them nor any other way please consider keeping this appeal here and i'm sorry for bothering you :)
I'll send you a private message and we can discuss it more in there so that this thread can get back on topic. On topic talk here is for discussing the Calamity mod (and not the Calamity Discord).

How come all the throwing weapons in this mod because rogue weapons? Wouldn't that cause issues with other mods' throwing weapons, meaning you couldn't mix and match them without having the full benefits of both from damage bonuses and such? I get the impression that would just make things a lot more complex and mess up running multiple mods with new throwing weapons.
Well, if they changed it then they should be sure about what they're doing. Why would they change something so small only to make it worse?

I get error when trying to create a new map. I get it when it comes to loading - Brimstone Crag. Abyss and Structures.

The game has crashed!
an exception error of the type System.OutOfMemoryException occurred.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Applay(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GeneratorWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generatorWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)

I get error when trying to create a new map. I get it when it comes to loading - Brimstone Crag. Abyss and Structures.

The game has crashed!
an exception error of the type System.OutOfMemoryException occurred.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Applay(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GeneratorWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generatorWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadcontext)
With my highly limited knowledge, it seems that the game has trouble allocating physical memory or something similar. Does Terraria experience high memory in Task Manager or sorts?

With my highly limited knowledge, it seems that the game has trouble allocating physical memory or something similar. Does Terraria experience high memory in Task Manager or sorts?
Yeah, it's a hardlimit of 32bit applications.
IE unless you get lucky with tinkering around with what mods you have on and your world size, your gonna need the 64bit version TMODLoader to even run Calamity at this point.

I really think this needs to be added to the front page under an FAQ, people who can't get calamity to work because of this are going to keep repeating the same issues over and over again and filling up this thread with the same messages because they can't be bothered to read if there's a fix in previous messages "Hint, Broken Essences from Fargo's mod because of Throrium, hint" (oh on that note, an FAQ about "not posting discord drama in this thread" would be appreciated too)

This honestly is not good, not only does Calamity require a unreasonable amount of RAM, but if goes 64bit only, it means non-64bit systems will be locked out of it, including non-windows systems too.
That's going to kill this mod's popularity.
But there isn't an easy fix in the slighest, making the music separate would help, but that would degrade the experience as a whole if you couldn't use it.
Calamity is in a similar boat right now as Dawn of War Soulstorm's Ultimate Apocalypse Mod: It's gotten super big and super popular, but super heavy too.

Last edited:
IE unless you get lucky with tinkering around with what mods you have on and your world size, your gonna need the 64bit version TMODLoader to even run Calamity at this point.

I really think this needs to be added to the front page under an FAQ, people who can't get calamity to work because of this are going to keep repeating the same issues over and over again and filling up this thread with the same messages because they can't be bothered to read if there's a fix in previous messages "Hint, Broken Essences from Fargo's mod because of Throrium, hint" (oh on that note, an FAQ about "not posting discord drama in this thread" would be appreciated too)

This honestly is not good, not only does Calamity require a unreasonable amount of RAM, but if goes 64bit only, it means non-64bit systems will be locked out of it, including non-windows systems too.
But there isn't an easy fix in the slighest, making the music separate would help, but that would degrade the experience as a whole if you couldn't use it.
Calamity is in a similar boat right now as Dawn of War Soulstorm's Ultimate Apocalypse Mod: It's gotten super big and super popular, but super heavy too.
I hope the 64 bit version becomes official soon, because right now it sounds too risky (in terms of breaking mods) for me and would likely lock me out of multiplayer with my friends. Calamity is a huge beast of a mod and it makes a huge difference in memory used. I'm at the point that on my older playthroughs, I can't even play them anymore without having to disable some other mods due to Calamity updates making things even bigger. Probably doesn't help that I tend to play close to the memory limit already for how mods I have installed.

Also I don't think the latest version of Calamity has been on the mod browser for a while. I'm not even sure if the Discord server posts at @everyone when an update is posted. So it could be a bit of time before I even know an update is out.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

I'm just repeating this again. If you're not gonna respond, let me delete SysWOW64 and System32.

My major problem is the sheer size of MP3 music files compared to far more optimized formats like OGG. I really hope that tModLoader finds a way to use a different format for their music and sound effects (sound effects are WAV by the way, which are even larger than MP3 files).

I will be releasing a musicless version next update I think, just for the people that don't have sufficient RAM to deal with the full version.

A solution for people that need the musicless version:
Mute the in-game music and open DM DOKURO's videos so you can listen to his music even if it's not in-game. Sure this is a workaround, but I hope it helps :)

My major problem is the sheer size of MP3 music files compared to far more optimized formats like OGG. I really hope that tModLoader finds a way to use a different format for their music and sound effects (sound effects are WAV by the way, which are even larger than MP3 files).

I will be releasing a musicless version next update I think, just for the people that don't have sufficient RAM to deal with the full version.

A solution for people that need the musicless version:
Mute the in-game music and open DM DOKURO's videos so you can listen to his music even if it's not in-game. Sure this is a workaround, but I hope it helps :)
There we go, problem solved!

Unless I missed the point, maintaining 2 versions of calamity is going to get messy, I feel the best approach would be having the mod with the music, and an addon mod that adds the music back in
or, if people can't handle all the music, you could split it up into different mods, like a music pack for prehardmode, hardmode, and post-hardmode.
Just throwing out helpful ideas but it's your call. The fact that your fully aware of this and taking action is great to hear!
Like I said there Is no easy way around this, but hey at-least calamity won't be going 64bit exclusive!

On another note I agree, getting support for compressed file formats like ogg would be fanatic in a future TModLoader update. Since pretty much most people know mp3 is a pretty bloated format.

hey uh when i tried to reload calamity into the enabled mods it gave me a .wav error message then this showed up any idea what to do
[doublepost=1547530406,1547530381][/doublepost]nvm cant upload the picture

Is it possible to release a version of the mod that appeals to the more casual side of the playerbase? Specifically I'm referring to the vanilla changes/revengeance changes that prevent/mitigate cheesy strategies and nerf things like damage reduction and melee-attack speed bonuses. I love the content of the mod, but I also love to cheese my way through, doing stupid stuff that may or may not be the most effective, so these sort of changes kinda mess with my ability to enjoy the mod despite how fun it is otherwise.

Is it possible to release a version of the mod that appeals to the more casual side of the playerbase? Specifically I'm referring to the vanilla changes/revengeance changes that prevent/mitigate cheesy strategies and nerf things like damage reduction and melee-attack speed bonuses. I love the content of the mod, but I also love to cheese my way through, doing stupid stuff that may or may not be the most effective, so these sort of changes kinda mess with my ability to enjoy the mod despite how fun it is otherwise.

As much as I agree with you...

cYLQm7A.png

One of the biggest points of this mod is that it's supposed to be harder than the base game... and Fabsol doesn't appreciate people cheesing bosses by any standard. So =/

I was fighting the Devourer of Gods in death mode. After I defeated the sentinels it summoned, the final phrase did not come out. Instead, it kept spamming me the message below for like 20 times.
"The Devourer of Gods has awoken!
It's not over yet, kid!"

One of the biggest points of this mod is that it's supposed to be harder than the base game... and Fabsol doesn't appreciate people cheesing bosses by any standard. So =/

Fair enough, still frustrating, but fair enough. Although I will say out of a point of pride that I have beaten every boss on Revengeance with the exception of Yharon and Supreme Calamatis, so it's not that I'm unable to deal with the extra difficulty, I just wanna have an easier time of it sometimes.

Edit: And the secret boss if we're counting that, although I'm not even sure if it's still in the game.

Well, if they changed it then they should be sure about what they're doing. Why would they change something so small only to make it worse?

At the very least, mods like "Classes and Experience" doesn't work any more with the new "Rogue" weapons. I got a nasty surprise when my character's damage dropped to a third of what it did.

Also, the new prefixes from Joost Mod doesn't work with Rogue weapons. I'm talking about the specialized "Gnunderson's" prefix that add 6% extra damage to throwing weapons.

I do want people to be able to defeat the bosses. That's why Normal and Expert Mode are still a thing :p

Nobody said you had to play Revengeance or Death Mode. These two modes are, in my opinion, the only truly difficult modes. If you want a more chill experience play Normal or Expert, you only miss out on a couple items if you don't play Revengeance/Death Mode.

Updated the OP with new updates, now using MEGA because it's better than MediaFire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom