tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I can't make worlds anymore if Calamity is active - even if it's the only active mod.
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

I do want people to be able to defeat the bosses. That's why Normal and Expert Mode are still a thing :p

Nobody said you had to play Revengeance or Death Mode. These two modes are, in my opinion, the only truly difficult modes. If you want a more chill experience play Normal or Expert, you only miss out on a couple items if you don't play Revengeance/Death Mode.

Updated the OP with new updates, now using MEGA because it's better than MediaFire.
Ah, I wasn't referring to the Revengeance changes, I do enjoy those modes, but I was talking about the vanilla changes that cap DMG reduction and such, the ones that don't rely on difficulty level; the ones in the "Vanilla Changes" on the wiki to be specific. I don't mind the extra difficulty when playing the harder modes, apologies for the lack of proper clarification there. I also play with a lot of other large mods, so that's my primary reason behind asking about that, because many other mods have special abilities or such, eg. Thoriums abyssal shell thing, it gives 90% DR but with Calamity its effect is soft-capped, giving DR of 38.7 instead, making it rather worthless. Regardless, thanks for the reply.

Ah, I wasn't referring to the Revengeance changes, I do enjoy those modes, but I was talking about the vanilla changes that cap DMG reduction and such, the ones that don't rely on difficulty level; the ones in the "Vanilla Changes" on the wiki to be specific. I don't mind the extra difficulty when playing the harder modes, apologies for the lack of proper clarification there. I also play with a lot of other large mods, so that's my primary reason behind asking about that, because many other mods have special abilities or such, eg. Thoriums abyssal shell thing, it gives 90% DR but with Calamity its effect is soft-capped, giving DR of 38.7 instead, making it rather worthless. Regardless, thanks for the reply.
Also, the Damage resistance on enemies as well; the DR on the paladin is so insane that he takes forever to even kill.
just wanted to add that too.

Whenever i try to generate a world i get this message
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

I do want people to be able to defeat the bosses. That's why Normal and Expert Mode are still a thing :p

Nobody said you had to play Revengeance or Death Mode. These two modes are, in my opinion, the only truly difficult modes.
It's kinda hypocritical to criticize the difficulty of the base game when Calamity's equipment has had so much power creep over vanilla (+most other mods) for so long that it's basically a meme...

Last edited:
A question out of curiosity, but can one also post ideas here about new content for the mod? Like, does the dev actually want to see ideas?
The devs will probably not see the suggestion here. In the Discord server there's a channel especially for suggestions. If it gets good ratings, its sent to the dev server.

Hey, I'd like to request an Idea? I know that you don't do requests but can you make a God-based NPC? Some x3 House NPC sized that you could give a certain object (similar to dye trader) and it will give unique weapons (a random legendary weapon depending of latest milestone) House requirement should be on a sky island or so. Sorry if this may sound demanding but It's only an Idea. I love this mod. I recently got into pc from grinding on mobile. Just found out about mods and I absolute love it

I'm honestly not a fan of joining dozens of discord servers, let alone for the sole reason of making a suggestion. My list is already overflowing with unused discord servers. I think I give it a shot here. If anybody wants to, they can forward it to said suggestion channel. I hope you like it, too. :)

Nettleburn Armor + Equipment
Nettleburn is equipment and armor themed around redirected and continuous damage as well as combining mage with melee. This equipment is obtainable right at the beginning of hard mode and provides a good armor set for early to mid hard mode as well as good melee, ranged and magic weapons which can be helpful up to adamantite-tier equipment. Considering that we are mixing a low-armor tier class with a high-armor tier class, I've somewhat made sure the armor value is somewhere in between.

Nettleburn armor
Consists out of:
  • Nettleburn hat
    • 8 Armor
    • 7% increased melee damage
    • 7% increased magic damage
  • Nettleburn shirt
    • 10 Armor
    • 7% increased magic critical chance
    • 7% increased melee critical chance
    • +40 mana
  • Nettleburn pants
    • 7 Armor
    • 10% increased movement speed
    • +20 mana
  • Set bonus:
    • +40 mana
    • Enemies that attack you are inflicted with the Nettleburn debuff for 4 seconds.
To craft this armor set, you require:
  • Nettleburn hat
    • 1 Jungle hat
    • 10 hellstone bars
    • 2 essence of cinder
    • optional: 5 nettle vine (drops from jungle thorns when using "guide of plant fiber cordage")
  • Nettleburn shirt
    • 1 Jungle shirt
    • 15 hellstone bars
    • 3 essence of cinder
    • optional: 8 nettle vine (drops from jungle thorns when using "guide of plant fiber cordage")
  • Nettleburn pants
    • 1 Jungle pants
    • 12 hellstone bars
    • 3 essence of cinder
    • optional: 6 nettle vine (drops from jungle thorns when using "guide of plant fiber cordage")
As you can see, it was mentioned that enemies that attack you while you have this armor on are inflicted with the Nettleburn debuff. What is this debuff exactly? It acts like a mixture between poison and thorns. It takes 5% of the damage inflicted by the enemy and redirects it back as a poison type damage. If you receive 60 damage from an enemy, your enemy will take 3 damage every 0.33 seconds for the duration of this debuff. This debuff is capped at 5 damage, so 100 damage is the highest you can take to take this armor set's full advantage. Additionally nettle type weapons (including nettle burst which will open up interesting synergies) will deal 15% increased damage against enemies inflicted by that debuff. What are those said nettle-type weapons. Here is a short list, the weapons will be explained below:
  • Nettle Burst
  • Nettle Blade
  • Nettle Bow + Nettle Arrow
  • Rising Vines
  • Nettle-rang
All of these weapons have the unique feature of the vilethorn effect, it is now the vilethorn damage though. The damage that you deal with the vilethorn effect is (current damage / 4). The Nettle Blade also has the function of inflicting poison on direct hit.

Nettle Blade
  • It deals 40 melee damage.
  • It has an attack speed of 30, so I believe that was every 0.5 seconds 1 swing? It also auto attacks
  • It has a crit chance of 4%.
  • It has a weak knockback.
  • It releases a nettle thorn every 1 seconds with the reach of 12 tiles. Inflicts poison for 3 seconds.
To craft it, you require a normal anvil and the following materials:
  • 1 Grass blade
  • 8 Hellstone bars
  • 1 essence of cinder
  • optional: 4 nettle vines
Nettle Bow
  • It deals 30 ranged damage.
  • It has an attack speed of 28
  • It has a critical chance of 4%
  • It has weak knockback.
  • Wooden Arrows fired from this bow are converted into Nettle-Arrows.
To craft it, you require a normal anvil and the following materials:
  • 12 jungle spores
  • 10 hellstone bars
  • 1 essence of cinder
  • optional: 4 nettle vines
Nettle Arrow
  • They deal 10 base damage
  • They can pierce 1 enemy
  • They have a trail which acts like a thorn, dealing damage to enemies multiple times.
To craft 100 of them, you need:
  • 100 wooden arrows
  • 1 jungle spore
  • 1 essence of cinder
  • optional: 1 nettle vine
Nettle-rang
  • Deals 28 melee damage
  • Has an attack speed of 18
  • Has a crit chance of 4%
  • It has a normal knockback
  • Releases a trail of thorns when used.
To craft this weapon, you need:
  • 1 Thorn chakram
  • 8 Hellstone bars
  • 1 essence of cinder
  • optional: 3 nettle vines

Why was the Rogue damage type added?
I agree with this as well, why was it added? I was starting a new throwing playthrough but with the calamity throwing weapons now being rouge damage, it is now making me only use calamity accessories and armor because anything that would help throwing damage no longer applies to those weapons. I just dont see the point of it besides adding a new obscure damage type to the game that only has support from the mod itself. Even then, the support is very small. The first accessory is after killing BOC/EOW, the second is after WOF, the third is after Plantara, and the last two are after DOG! Going that long with very minimal accessories to help you and only relying on your armor just doesnt seem reasonable.

Last edited:
Hi. I really like your mod and started another run after about 6 months. I've encountered a really nasty bug where the Hive Mind had a huge amount of armor and was basically unkillable. But that's not the issue. I've played in MP with a pal and both of our characters were perma-killed and turned into ghosts. Same happened later at the Wall of Flesh. Not entirely sure that it's Calamity but other than that I have only small quality of life mods which all worked fine 6 months ago.

I found a bug in the latest version of the mod(Version: 1.4.1.4). Note: We were playing on TModLoader Version 0.10.1.5 for Terraria version 1.3.5.2.

What exactly is the point of the Rogue damage type? It was fine as throwing, and all that the change does is prevent the use of other mods' (and what little there is in vanilla) weapons, buffs, armor, and accessories. Is that the intent? To decompatibilize the consumer into effective monopoly like Apple does? Sorry if this comes off as a personal attack, but other people have been asking this, and nobody seems to have an answer.

What exactly is the point of the Rogue damage type? It was fine as throwing, and all that the change does is prevent the use of other mods' (and what little there is in vanilla) weapons, buffs, armor, and accessories. Is that the intent? To decompatibilize the consumer into effective monopoly like Apple does? Sorry if this comes off as a personal attack, but other people have been asking this, and nobody seems to have an answer.
From what I understand, "throwing code is ugly, rogue isn't". That's the only thing I got.

Wouldn't it then be wise to change throwing entirely to rogue and rework the code that way? Or making it Melee? Correct me if I'm wrong but if we get a class, it needs significance, attention and content. We could view it has a hardcore class, but the viability is limited in that regard. Don't take me the wrong way and don't be insulted if I say that, but that is one of the few flaws in this mod. If we create something, we need to make sure to encourage the player to make use of that. Otherwise this content is basically wasted because no one except for fanatics are going to make use of that. As I like to say it, that's additional code that could be used for other things.

I did make a thrower class playthrough and it worked out semi-well. It was challenging and I agree kinda fun. But the recent change made this a little more difficult to a point where I stopped at Plantera.

In other words, a class needs to be fluid. Something like Melee barely has any gaps in between. Thrower or now Rogue does. If we manage to fill those gaps, give more equipment dedicated to it and keep it on par with all the other classes and don't make dual-class weapons, then we can see it as a functional addition to Calamity and it would be fun playing this class. Giving the option of 2 boomerangs with one being melee and the other being rogue, which one are you more likely to use? The versatility of Melee is far more varied than Rogue, so if we make a rogue class viable, let's make all the weapons for it actually exclusive: Daggers, Shurikens, darts, boomerangs... That kind of stuff.

Again, no offense towards the mod.

Hey, I'm liking the new things that are being put into this mod, especially the new sprites.
I have a question. Is there any way to remove or disable the life-steal cooldown mechanic, perhaps a hidden config file or a chat command? I realized this when my Vampire Knives were healing me only a couple hp before the cooldown started. If it can't be disabled, can the cooldown be significantly shorter, please?

(Haven't tested it yet, but doesn't this mechanic make the Healer class from Thorium completely redundant?)

It's kinda hypocritical to criticize the difficulty of the base game when Calamity's equipment has had so much power creep over vanilla (+most other mods) for so long that it's basically a meme...

Not when we've rebalanced vanilla to fit with Calamity better. You can still see it as 'hypocritical' and a 'meme', but that to me seems ignorant and the point is now stagnant. We've put many weeks of work into rebalancing and testing the content. As it stands, I cannot take your statement seriously.

I've criticized vanilla's difficulty for a very long time ranging from the doubled expert debuff lengths, increased pillar enemy kill count on expert, etc. At least my team and I are trying to fix things a majority of people dislike.

And besides, I wasn't criticizing it here, I was merely saying that Expert and Normal are for all intents and purposes far easier than Revengeance and Death Mode.

I agree with this as well, why was it added?

I wish I could tell you the true reason for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom