tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,582 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Perhaps a battle against Yharim himself as well as a freed witch NPC that can move in after you defeat him.
I'm aware you aren't taking suggestions, and you already have bosses planned, but even if only in an extention mod somebody makes, it seems to be a good idea and I would like to see it in the game.

Well it's based on opinions I suppose, I dislike vanilla progression for a few reasons. And keep in mind, just like you, these are my opinions, I don't want to aggravate anyone.

1 - To us the early ore armors take tediously long to get and give minimal bonuses for their time investment.
2 - Reaver Shark can be used to skip almost all the ore gathering to go straight to molten (does this require skill? Sure, but that doesn't excuse it in my opinion).
3 - Meteor Armor and Space Gun combo is pretty crazy due to it not costing any mana and can be obtained very early with just some bombs.
4 - Molten Armor can be acquired before Slime God with the Reaver Shark, making it far more powerful than you say. Statigel is only acquired post-Slime God.
5 - Wulfrum Pickaxe is intended to be that way because I haven't found too many people that like using a ton of time mining early on (especially not in modded).
6 - You need to kill Skeletron to get the Lionfish due to shadow chests containing the items (you didn't say that here).
7 - Titanium Armor is so OP it can last well into post-Golem due to the Shadow Dodge (not exactly the most balanced thing out there in vanilla).
8 - I can skip most of the vanilla content as well if I just play vanilla itself, that's my point with the above. Meteor Armor + Space Gun can last until Wall of Flesh easily and you can get it right after a single Shadow Orb. Next I can skip almost all the hardmode ore mining with fishing (yes, this is a bit of a meme in vanilla but it exists) by stacking up crates and opening them in hardmode, this leads to extremely easy early mech kills and if you have titanium armor easy plantera and golem kills.
9 - I don't want to keep going on and on, but the Minishark (and to a lesser extent, the Megashark) and Daedalus Stormbow need no explanation. The Crystal Bullets and Holy Arrows also need no explanation for how busted they can be with multi-arrow bows or fast-firing guns. I'll end this list here.

All I'm trying to say is vanilla has a ton of imbalance as well, and we're trying to 'fix' that. Sure Calamity has powerful things as well, as you said, but I don't want to have to bring up how Spectre Armor lets you tank everything with heals (even after the nerf) and Beetle plus high DR allows you to take 1 damage from everything.

Sorry if this was a bit much, I love this game and I want it to just be more balanced (more weapons that are more powerful and useful, less weak ones) less linearity and more open-world, just like prehardmode.
So why does Nepalm arrows exist?
Also you kinda made the gap between a good and a bad weapon nonexistent, so the excitement for getting a new great weapon is gone now unless you like grinding.

Last edited:
Perhaps a battle against Yharim himself as well as a freed witch NPC that can move in after you defeat him.
I'm aware you aren't taking suggestions, and you already have bosses planned, but even if only in an extention mod somebody makes, it seems to be a good idea and I would like to see it in the game.
He's actually one of the planned bosses. xd

Woah, it is so cool to look at the first messages about this mod, then look at the lasts and be shocked of your progress. Calamity is my fav mod of all, and I think it will be my fav mod forever. Amazing job, guys.

In terms of trusting Fabsol, there's not really any reason to going by track record alone. The mod is bloating to the point of being a logistical problem. It's too large for tmodder and starting to use too much memory for a 32 bit program. If you really examine what's been added over the years, Calmity has been finished and over with for a long time. The bosses, all the way up to Calamitas, have been in the mod for a long time, and while the post-Moonlord bosses have been rebalanced, it's been mostly just to make them more tedious.

So what's been added that's worth noting?

Piss Ocean
Well, we've got the Piss Ocean. That's big; it's a big player-killing waste of time except for two items - the teardrop that controls weather and the siren light pet. The weapons in the Piss Ocean get replaced shortly after the Wall of Flesh is defeated, and many of those weapons aren't specifically amazing against the Wall of Flesh either. They're in the upper tier of pre-hardmode, but they're also randomly generated and thus not worth thinking about if you don't plan to hop to different world gens to find them. Additionally, it's obnoxious because although Calamity adds some water accessories which might validate the biome, the Piss Ocean has its own special tryhard mechanics that cause the player to lose breath anyway.

The Piss Ocean also contains notable enemies such as the Mauler Shark and the Scourge, both of which appear pre-hardmode and can be killed pre-hardmode, but don't offer rewards until hardmode. The Mauler Shark, which is more powerful than most bosses, doesn't even drop an item until after Polterghast, which is so late as to be inconsequential. Why does this enemy, which appears at the very start of the game, not drop anything useful until I'm fighting DoG? The whole biome just feels like this - an inconsistent series of nonsensical choices, and we were just barely fortunate enough to get anything useful out of it. It could be made into a separate mod, but if it weren't bundled with Calamity I doubt many players would feel it adds a lot to the experience. The Piss Ocean is an excellent candidate to remove bloat.

Sky Clutter
Planetoids, a recent addition, also add nothing of any real value. Mostly acting as convenient redundancies, Planetoids offer easy mushroom biomes and queen bee larvae. Personally, I find that over the span of the game, I usually run into a natural mushroom biome anyway, and you don't really need a mushroom biome until you need Truffle. As for the Queen Bee, exploring and searching for things is part of Terraria, and if you find even a single hive you'll have enough resources to construct and Abeemination. You really don't need to extend the sky and clutter it up with land masses for that.

I thought maybe something would come of the Sky Clutter, but like the Piss Ocean, there's not really anything of value to justify the extra file size. Actually it offers less than the Piss Ocean.

Calamity Biome
It's been in the mod for a long time, but like a lot of things in Calamity, it's just "[x], but TRYING HARDER". It's really just the Underworld, but more tryhard. It's a small biome, there's nothing consequential in it except for some ore which can be skipped. You summon an optional boss there, which I used to like fighting until the addition of the Brimlings. Now that the Brimstone Elemental has little sidekicks that get in the way, I just ignore it. It's not like she drops anything I want until post-Moonlord anyway. Honestly, you could cut the whole Calamity biome and use the Underworld as it is. If you feel it needs hardmore ore, then propagate the ore in the Underworld.

"Lore"
Goodness, how embarrassing. Was this really necessary? And did everything, even the deserts need to be connected directly to Calamity's NPCs? I neither need nor want speculation for things like "Cthulhu's Eye" because by being related to that eldritch horror it's implied to be beyond my understanding in the first place. It's just a Thing That Cannot Be. But then we have these little blurbs that make it feel like you have a hard time accepting your bosses are meant to be defeated. Adding text to make it clear that the only reason we beat Cryogen is "because he got weak" feels, again, like TRYING HARDER. Like we beat this boss, so now the mod tries really hard to convince us that the boss is totally way bigger and badder than the experience would imply.

Rogue Class

Is it necessary? "Just trust me guys". I mean, eh. Okay. It's not that I trust you - because I don't - it's that it's your mod and you'll do with it whatever you do. You don't need my trust and if you were overly concerned with player sentiment I'm sure you'd have waited until you had something to show. There are other mods that make use of the "throwing" class and you're breaking compatibility, but you already knew that, and I suspect "Rogue" is going to be "Throwing, but TRYING HARDER".

Post-Moonlord Bosses
And finally, not something you can cut, but something that's being changed every new iteration of the mod. Not really to make them more fun or more balanced, but to TRY HARDER. DoG can turn invulnerable, Dragon Fishron recovers his health and forces you to fight him twice. Calamitas gets a cage and then vomits up a bunch of random projectiles into it - something which a lot of the post-Moonlord bosses do.

There's all this talk of adding in even stronger bosses, like Yharim, but it's not a wonder it hasn't happened yet if DoG and Calamitas indicate what their fights would be like. I usually don't bother fighting Calamitas in new games. I often find myself stopping before DoG because DoG is a long, boring battle with regular periods of boss invulnerability and very little ahead of it that I want to experience. Whatever comes beyond Calamitas must be TRYING HARDER than DoG, Yharon, and Calamitas, and it's got to suck. I can only imagine the frustration of trying to make the Calamity boss to end all Calamity bosses, but being gridlocked by escalating projectile spam, cheesy tricks to hinder the player, and by one-upsmanship with yourself.

Your Success is Based on Terraria
At the end of the day, I think maybe you've gotten turned around and you think Calamity is the most popular mod because of how amazing Calamity is, but in reality people play it because it adds more Terraria than most other mods. There's more weapons, more ores, and more bosses. Once you're done with the Moonlord, you go on a little longer. That's all people want, that's all people are looking for. New biomes would be nice if they were implemented properly and added to the progression of Terraria, but none of this stuff does that. Imagine if the Abyss were a post-moonlord biome that didn't need a super special suit to do anything in, and it was a place where you summoned a logical, well-built boss as part of the game's progression - and I don't mean yet another worm that drops equipment you may as well skip.

Maybe instead of focusing on trying to rebalance and reprogram Terraria, you should continue along the lines of adding more of the same Terraria experience to Terraria. Expand on the game as it is rather than trying to expand on Fabsol. Because as it is, your Fabsol expansions are making Terraria less convenient to play with friends, and you're making it harder for other mods to play along as well.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but who are you again?

Calamity isn't new, it's been around for about 2.5 years now, it's a very lore driven mod that has been, as I said before, Building up to the epic final showdown for a long time now. And we're finally getting some communication from Fabsol directly on TCF, something people have wanted for a long time and this unknown guy takes that chance to poke all his own personal problems with Calamity at him.

Calamity has never been a mod that aims to be "more terraria", it aimed at the hardcore side of the game for hardcore players. This is why for the longest time, it didn't add many cosmetic items, such as furniture and walls.

Well everyone is due fair criticism, you asking features to be cut is too much. I agree that "Calamity is too big to fail, has become too big, too fast" But this comes off as rather disrespectful for all the work they've done on all these features.

So please, TRY HARDER to be more respectful of the team's work, if you don't like it; go play Thorium or something.

As much as I love this mod, I'm gonna have to go against one of these "vanilla changes".

Namely, this change:
Life-steal cooldown - Admittedly this would've been a good balance change if this nerf wasn't so harsh. I get it, the Vampire Knives are overpowered, but almost completely stripping it and almost all of the other weapons that heal you of their life-stealing capabilities is a bit much. Life-stealing support weapons feel like any ordinary weapon now. I'll only heal about 20 hp before the cooldown starts which seemingly lasts minutes. This applies to armor and accessories, too. So what about the Spectre armor? Isn't that armor's purpose entirely based on life-stealing, with the cost of a huge downgrade in damage? What if we remove the cooldown and hard-cap the max life you can steal from an enemy based on a weapons strength. Say, a maximum of 3 hp can be recovered with the Vampire Knives regardless of damage being done, and the Empyrean Knives can only recover a maximum of... 30 hp?

If you're not up to changing this, can we please get a command to disable the cooldown, or preferably all of the vanilla changes?
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I'm sorry if I seem selfish, as this may seem like a personal issue.

please, please, re-buff the biome blade and the stellar striker!
when all weapons are good none of them are, all weapons are of equal power now, so the difference between using a daedalus stormbow or a breaker blade had become neglect able, and not fun at all.
[doublepost=1548466349,1548466147][/doublepost]
As much as I love this mod, I'm gonna have to go against one of these "vanilla changes".

Namely, this change:
Life-steal cooldown - Admittedly this would've been a good balance change if this nerf wasn't so harsh. I get it, the Vampire Knives are overpowered, but almost completely stripping it and almost all of the other weapons that heal you of their life-stealing capabilities is a bit much. Life-stealing support weapons feel like any ordinary weapon now. I'll only heal about 20 hp before the cooldown starts which seemingly lasts minutes. This applies to armor and accessories, too. So what about the Spectre armor? Isn't that armor's purpose entirely based on life-stealing, with the cost of a huge downgrade in damage? What if we remove the cooldown and hard-cap the max life you can steal from an enemy based on a weapons strength. Say, a maximum of 3 hp can be recovered with the Vampire Knives regardless of damage being done, and the Empyrean Knives can only recover a maximum of... 30 hp?

If you're not up to changing this, can we please get a command to disable the cooldown, or preferably all of the vanilla changes?
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I'm sorry if I seem selfish, as this may seem like a personal issue.
this, i agree on. though i personally find regen from the nimbus rod+ mana overloader combo very overpowered if you can use it right.
and i'm one of those people who can't.

Last edited:
In terms of trusting Fabsol, there's not really any reason to going by track record alone. The mod is bloating to the point of being a logistical problem. It's too large for tmodder and starting to use too much memory for a 32 bit program. If you really examine what's been added over the years, Calmity has been finished and over with for a long time. The bosses, all the way up to Calamitas, have been in the mod for a long time, and while the post-Moonlord bosses have been rebalanced, it's been mostly just to make them more tedious.

So what's been added that's worth noting?

Piss Ocean
Well, we've got the Piss Ocean. That's big; it's a big player-killing waste of time except for two items - the teardrop that controls weather and the siren light pet. The weapons in the Piss Ocean get replaced shortly after the Wall of Flesh is defeated, and many of those weapons aren't specifically amazing against the Wall of Flesh either. They're in the upper tier of pre-hardmode, but they're also randomly generated and thus not worth thinking about if you don't plan to hop to different world gens to find them. Additionally, it's obnoxious because although Calamity adds some water accessories which might validate the biome, the Piss Ocean has its own special tryhard mechanics that cause the player to lose breath anyway.

The Piss Ocean also contains notable enemies such as the Mauler Shark and the Scourge, both of which appear pre-hardmode and can be killed pre-hardmode, but don't offer rewards until hardmode. The Mauler Shark, which is more powerful than most bosses, doesn't even drop an item until after Polterghast, which is so late as to be inconsequential. Why does this enemy, which appears at the very start of the game, not drop anything useful until I'm fighting DoG? The whole biome just feels like this - an inconsistent series of nonsensical choices, and we were just barely fortunate enough to get anything useful out of it. It could be made into a separate mod, but if it weren't bundled with Calamity I doubt many players would feel it adds a lot to the experience. The Piss Ocean is an excellent candidate to remove bloat.

Sky Clutter
Planetoids, a recent addition, also add nothing of any real value. Mostly acting as convenient redundancies, Planetoids offer easy mushroom biomes and queen bee larvae. Personally, I find that over the span of the game, I usually run into a natural mushroom biome anyway, and you don't really need a mushroom biome until you need Truffle. As for the Queen Bee, exploring and searching for things is part of Terraria, and if you find even a single hive you'll have enough resources to construct and Abeemination. You really don't need to extend the sky and clutter it up with land masses for that.

I thought maybe something would come of the Sky Clutter, but like the Piss Ocean, there's not really anything of value to justify the extra file size. Actually it offers less than the Piss Ocean.

Calamity Biome
It's been in the mod for a long time, but like a lot of things in Calamity, it's just "[x], but TRYING HARDER". It's really just the Underworld, but more tryhard. It's a small biome, there's nothing consequential in it except for some ore which can be skipped. You summon an optional boss there, which I used to like fighting until the addition of the Brimlings. Now that the Brimstone Elemental has little sidekicks that get in the way, I just ignore it. It's not like she drops anything I want until post-Moonlord anyway. Honestly, you could cut the whole Calamity biome and use the Underworld as it is. If you feel it needs hardmore ore, then propagate the ore in the Underworld.

"Lore"
Goodness, how embarrassing. Was this really necessary? And did everything, even the deserts need to be connected directly to Calamity's NPCs? I neither need nor want speculation for things like "Cthulhu's Eye" because by being related to that eldritch horror it's implied to be beyond my understanding in the first place. It's just a Thing That Cannot Be. But then we have these little blurbs that make it feel like you have a hard time accepting your bosses are meant to be defeated. Adding text to make it clear that the only reason we beat Cryogen is "because he got weak" feels, again, like TRYING HARDER. Like we beat this boss, so now the mod tries really hard to convince us that the boss is totally way bigger and badder than the experience would imply.

Rogue Class

Is it necessary? "Just trust me guys". I mean, eh. Okay. It's not that I trust you - because I don't - it's that it's your mod and you'll do with it whatever you do. You don't need my trust and if you were overly concerned with player sentiment I'm sure you'd have waited until you had something to show. There are other mods that make use of the "throwing" class and you're breaking compatibility, but you already knew that, and I suspect "Rogue" is going to be "Throwing, but TRYING HARDER".

Post-Moonlord Bosses
And finally, not something you can cut, but something that's being changed every new iteration of the mod. Not really to make them more fun or more balanced, but to TRY HARDER. DoG can turn invulnerable, Dragon Fishron recovers his health and forces you to fight him twice. Calamitas gets a cage and then vomits up a bunch of random projectiles into it - something which a lot of the post-Moonlord bosses do.

There's all this talk of adding in even stronger bosses, like Yharim, but it's not a wonder it hasn't happened yet if DoG and Calamitas indicate what their fights would be like. I usually don't bother fighting Calamitas in new games. I often find myself stopping before DoG because DoG is a long, boring battle with regular periods of boss invulnerability and very little ahead of it that I want to experience. Whatever comes beyond Calamitas must be TRYING HARDER than DoG, Yharon, and Calamitas, and it's got to suck. I can only imagine the frustration of trying to make the Calamity boss to end all Calamity bosses, but being gridlocked by escalating projectile spam, cheesy tricks to hinder the player, and by one-upsmanship with yourself.

Your Success is Based on Terraria
At the end of the day, I think maybe you've gotten turned around and you think Calamity is the most popular mod because of how amazing Calamity is, but in reality people play it because it adds more Terraria than most other mods. There's more weapons, more ores, and more bosses. Once you're done with the Moonlord, you go on a little longer. That's all people want, that's all people are looking for. New biomes would be nice if they were implemented properly and added to the progression of Terraria, but none of this stuff does that. Imagine if the Abyss were a post-moonlord biome that didn't need a super special suit to do anything in, and it was a place where you summoned a logical, well-built boss as part of the game's progression - and I don't mean yet another worm that drops equipment you may as well skip.

Maybe instead of focusing on trying to rebalance and reprogram Terraria, you should continue along the lines of adding more of the same Terraria experience to Terraria. Expand on the game as it is rather than trying to expand on Fabsol. Because as it is, your Fabsol expansions are making Terraria less convenient to play with friends, and you're making it harder for other mods to play along as well.

If you don't like the mod then stop playing it, dude. Fabsol's not going to overhaul everything Calamity has just because you disagree with how good it is. Get over it, and either deal with it, or move on and play something else. It isn't up to him to make a mod that fits your standards.

Calamity is supposed to be a bit of an altered experience, placed into the game to restructure it in a way without altering too much of what Terraria was fundamentally. Ultimately a majority of people believe it'd probably be even better as a standalone game, with all the effort, lore and design put behind it. So yeah, no kidding it's going to be a different experience and feel than Terraria is.

So please, TRY HARDER to be more respectful of the team's work
The team produces the sprites, music, and even the programming of the enemies.

As far as I'm aware, I don't think Fabsol does most of that. He's the owner of the mod, and thus the directing vision for the mod. It's a waste and a disrespect to the work of the team to implement a bunch of half-baked ideas that bloat the mod past its primary distribution platform. Just because the head of the project played Subnautica doesn't mean there needs to be an entire Subnautica biome if it cuts out a chunk of the mod's players due to size issues.

If Fabsol wants to make a Subnautica mod for Terraria, then that's his prerogative, but it should stand alone as an independent project.

Right now there's talk about separating DM Dokoro's work from the main mod file just so Calamity can get back onto tmodder. Do you think that's respectful to DM Dokoro? I don't. We're throwing away the music to get Sky Clutter and Piss Ocean.

A majority of people believe it'd probably be even better as a standalone game
If you separate Calamity from Terraria then there is no Calamity. Calamity is a mod built into the pre-existing success that is Terraria.

The team produces the sprites, music, and even the programming of the enemies.

As far as I'm aware, I don't think Fabsol does most of that. He's the owner of the mod, and thus the directing vision for the mod. It's a waste and a disrespect to the work of the team to implement a bunch of half-baked ideas that bloat the mod past its primary distribution platform. Just because the head of the project played Subnautica doesn't mean there needs to be an entire Subnautica biome if it cuts out a chunk of the mod's players due to size issues.

If Fabsol wants to make a Subnautica mod for Terraria, then that's his prerogative, but it should stand alone as an independent project.

Right now there's talk about separating DM Dokoro's work from the main mod file just so Calamity can get back onto tmodder. Do you think that's respectful to DM Dokoro? I don't. We're throwing away the music to get Sky Clutter and Piss Ocean.

Okay, okay.

First of all, Fabsol is directly involved with the coding of the mod. He used to not even HAVE a team, do you not remember that? If no, go to page one of this forum. He does know directly how to code certain stuff, and his team is able to assist him and make his job easier, especially with the fact that Calamity's such a huge mod that having one person do it alone is unreasonable for anyone to do, especially with the issues capable of popping up due to its large size.

Second, the Abyss isn't irrelevant past the WoF. Do you know why there's different layers, intended for different levels of progression throughout the game? Do you know why Chaotic Ore, an ore needed to progress through Calamity's system of armours and upgrades is in the Abyss? Do you know why there's a specific point where you can mine Tenebris, and make a whole tier of weapons entirely based on the Abyss itself midway through Hardmode? Do you know why there's a fourth layer altogether, allowing you to craft items like Valediction and the Reaper Tooth Necklace, along with getting weapons like Soul Edge and Eidolic Wail?

Yeah, the Abyss and the "Piss Ocean" doesn't become irrelevant. Fabsol has made significant effort to try and get the biome to work with the progression both Terraria, and by extension, he offers to the game and the mod altogether.

Finally, DM Dokuro isn't being "disrespected." Dokuro is not the kind of creator that puts up with :red:, he gets onto people all the time on his channel for messing with him and his work. Dokuro is likely going to be okay with his content being in a seperate mod, because you still need the mod to complete the experience in Calamity. The only reason it's being done is to allow the mod in its entirety (including his music, ffs) to be on TModLoader again, because contrary to whatever you may believe, music takes up a LOT of filespace. As a creator of songs, OGG files, which are the most compact files that can be used in a game, can still be huge when you factor in the size due to loops and due to the sheer amount of which are present in the mod.

If you want to talk :red:, go ahead, but don't act like you know what you're talking about, or you can speak for other people and what they do for this mod. You literally have no idea what's going on in the dev team's heads right now, and you cannot speak for Fabsol or Dokuro on their behalf. You don't get to say that everybody's being blown off for no damn reason just because you're salty Calamity doesn't live up to your "standards" and doesn't meet your "expectations" on how the game should be run. If you don't like the mod, don't play it, and go somewhere else.

If you separate Calamity from Terraria then there is no Calamity. Calamity is a mod built into the pre-existing success that is Terraria.

... Yes. That is what a mod is.

When I say it'd work better as a standalone game, I mean that if Fabsol had the capability to tear it away from Terraria, make his own game, and use the lore and establishments set in Calamity (obviously with a little adjusting, Calamity is a little intertwined with Terraria due to it being a mod), he could likely make a successful game out of it.

I don't mean that you don't need Terraria to play the Calamity mod specifically built to be played with Terraria.

Dokuro is not the kind of creator that puts up with :red:, he gets onto people all the time on his channel for messing with him and his work. Dokuro is likely going to be okay with his content being in a seperate mod
Tolerating it when you're thrown under the bus to make your boss' project jive with his distribution platform is basically the definition of putting up with :red:.

Tolerating it when you're thrown under the bus to make your boss' project jive with his distribution platform is basically the definition of putting up with :red:.

I take it you aren't on the Discord, then.

Fabsol literally made several announcements telling people to go download both mods, explaining explicitly that he isn't being "removed from the project" or "shunned into a corner." Calamity is severely impacted by just dealing with Terraria's base music, that ruins so much of the experience and Fabsol's damn well aware of that.

And, beyond that, if the music you've spent hours, upon days, upon weeks of time creating for no profit for the sole purpose of including it in the mod is going to be entirely ejected, why would you let that happen? Dokuro'd just sell the music as unrelated on Bandcamp due to it no longer being under restriction of the actual Terraria dev's terms, which were that he cannot sell the music due to it technically being Terraria-associated.

Yeah, but what if my dad fights Dokuro with nunchucks? Does Dokuro know Karate?

You can invent theories about Dokuro's next steps. I'm skeptical that he'd make much money selling his tunes over the long run and would probably be better off trying to ride a publicity wave into a Patreon pitch if he can manage the PR.

The bottom line is that not everyone will download Dokuro's music and it isn't featured in the mod by default, which is going to mean fewer people hear it and it's an unfortunate turn for him and for anyone who got Piss Ocean instead of Dokuro's compositions.

Yeah, but what if my dad fights Dokuro with nunchucks? Does Dokuro know Karate?

You can invent theories about Dokuro's next steps. I'm skeptical that he'd make much money selling his tunes over the long run and would probably be better off trying to ride a publicity wave into a Patreon pitch if he can manage the PR.

The bottom line is that not everyone will download Dokuro's music and it isn't featured in the mod by default, which is going to mean fewer people hear it and it's an unfortunate turn for him and for anyone who got Piss Ocean instead of Dokuro's compositions.

Not a theory, dude.

Dokuro made efforts to try and get the soundtrack sold officially for a price on Bandcamp, as he gathered it all into an album. He was dissappointed when he found out he couldn't due to the Terraria dev's terms. He said he's going to keep trying to get a way to sell the music somehow.

It's logic. Not theorization.

If you are no longer under contract, then you'll do whatever you want with the music. Why? Nobody is telling you that you can't. In fact, it's actually profit, because a lot of people enjoy Dokuro's soundtrack very much, and were incredibly dissappointed they could not buy, commenting on it several times in the Discord. Furthermore, a lot of people discovered Calamity through DM Dokuro specifically, and downloaded the mod due to the fact they enjoyed his music, and want to hear it in context. I know that I certainly did so, and by sheer logic alone, I literally cannot be the only one, and it's unlikely that I'm in such a pathetic minority that it serves no ground in the users of Calamity.

Besides... you're setting up a bit of hypocracy here. You're making theories that Dokuro's going to take this as some sort of insult, even though he absolutely hasn't, and that he's actually being thrown under the bus, even though there's quite significant proof that this isn't the case whatsoever. So... I think it'd be better everybody stops assuming what's going through anyone's heads right now, especially when the facts are laid out before you and you can easily just go look for them yourself rather than complaining about nothing on a public forum.

If there is not a practical strategy to sell the music and no music is being sold, then any plan to sell the music is just theory, dude.

Besides, if all Dokuro wanted was to sell music he probably wouldn't have thrown his hat in with the Calamity mod. Point is, content is on the cutting floor. Dokuro is being cut, Piss Ocean and Planetoids are being kept, but if you ask me it should have really gone the other way.

If there is not a practical strategy to sell the music and no music is being sold, then any plan to sell the music is just theory, dude.

Besides, if all Dokuro wanted was to sell music he probably wouldn't have thrown his hat in with the Calamity mod. Point is, content is on the cutting floor. Dokuro is being cut, Piss Ocean and Planetoids are being kept, but if you ask me it should have really gone the other way.

Keep thinking that, I can't stop you. But I'm going to reiterate once more because I'm just... kind of done with dealing with you? There's no point in arguing with someone too thick to take in logic and reasoning over salt and fury.

Nobody got cut and the side mod that contains Dokuro's music is being directly promoted by the mod creators. You can find out yourself by going to the Calamity Discord and either asking Fabsol about it, or scrolling through the "announcements" channel, found conveniently under the "Announcements" tab.

Nobody's getting the short end of the stick here, no matter how pissed you are about the mod not being what you want it to be. Again, If you don't like the mod, then stop :red:ing playing it. Fabsol isn't going to change his mind on his decisions over the rage of a single person who doesn't like what this mod has to offer.

Go outside and do something else with your life. If you've got a response, I don't really care, I don't intend on responding.

Back
Top Bottom