tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
This could have been avoided if you'd showed the image, actually. Also, I don't particularly like the fact that my discord account was posted publicly like that. Could you please edit it?
I would ask you do that too yeah
The accounts have been edited out. Let me know if I missed it anywhere.

Next time, please just report that to bring it to the attention of the forum staff that have the tools to do something about it instead of engaging with the offending member. It may not have been something that you thought of, which is why I'm bringing it up to let you know that it's the best option for anything similar in the future. Thanks.

This was the primary reason I stopped talking here a while back, me not being able to control my own thread without being chastised for it.

What I'm trying to say is that could you all stop being so elitist and controlling? The forums are no longer a comfortable place to come and hang out, that has moved to the discords.

Next time I won't say anything at all.
I already knew this from a post I made earlier this week, though granted my reasoning was a little different

Also, this is likely the point where Fabsol will just kick the bucket with TCF, I mean lets be honest, why would they care about here where they have to adhere to forum admins and rules when they can just, be gods in their own mod discords?

Furthermore, I mentioned this as well

And honestly if I were you guys, I'd have a backup like the TCF thread around, who knows if the discord platform will survive with the drama going on with them.
Discord is in a possible hole of getting shutdown these days, so spreading out your resources is needed if you want to remain relevant.

Don't take this the wrong way thou, those people calling you out are jerks to start with, what about all the people here on TCF who really do care your posting here, showing activity?
Consider them, and not the haters when you make choices. I for one am happy you have not left them behind and hope you won't.

EDIT: Now for some talk about moderation
I'm going to be honest, the TCF Staff are among some of the most professional I've ever seen, I've seen abusive staff before and to call them elitist and controlling is quite the accusation. There are rules set in stone and one rule in part is that they keep the peace (and your thread often breaks it via idiots put nicely) so they often intervene in the matter. (Calamity's popularity is on par with popular Youtubers, so basically you often get those low IQ fanboy comments who just make you enraged. Learn to, ignore them. I'm sure you already know this but I'm proving I know as well)

It's nothing personal, never is, this is how forums always have worked and this was long before the arrival of Discord; long before just anyone could make their own makeshift forums.

Just keep in mind, your not "safe from moderation" there either, Discord staff do watch you as well.

Last edited:
I already knew this from a post I made earlier this week, though granted my reasoning was a little different

Discord is in a possible hole of getting shutdown these days, so spreading out your resources is needed if you want to remain relevant.

Don't take this the wrong way thou, those people calling you out are jerks to start with, what about all the people here on TCF who really do care your posting here, showing activity?
Consider them, and not the haters when you make choices. I for one am happy you have not left them behind and hope you won't.

I'm going to be honest, the TCF Staff are among some of the most professional I've ever seen, I've seen abusive staff before and to call them elitist and controlling is quite the accusation. There are rules set in stone and one rule in part is that they keep the peace (and your thread often breaks it via idiots put nicely) so they often intervene in the matter. (Calamity's popularity is on par with popular Youtubers, so basically you often get those low IQ fanboy comments who just make you enraged. Learn to, ignore them. I'm sure you already know this but I'm proving I know as well)

It's nothing personal, never is, this is how forums always have worked and this was long before the arrival of Discord; long before just anyone could make their own makeshift forums.

Just keep in mind, your not "safe from moderation" there either, Discord staff do watch you as well.
Wait Discord is in a hole where it could possibly shut down? Where did this come from?

i to would like to know how discord could shut down. pretty sure they make a hec load of money.
Wait Discord is in a hole where it could possibly shut down? Where did this come from?
Google it, it's quite controversial and this isn't the place to talk about it.
But long story short Discord devs have been allowing "naughty things" to exist and the FBI is not ok with it.
Don't ask for more here, lets not derail this thread any more.

Google it, it's quite controversial and this isn't the place to talk about it.
But long story short Discord devs have been allowing "naughty things" to exist and the FBI is not ok with it.
Don't ask for more here, lets not derail this thread any more.
Okay gotcha though I thought the video was a gnome meme. Don’t worry won’t bring it up anymore

How viable is a semi-pure ranged, or mage playthru? Both can use summons as added damage (thats why the semi-pure), but the ranger can only use guns/bows, or a summon, and the mage can only use mana using weapons/summoning weapons.

I got a general idea what progression might be like for a gunner type, but what would a pure mage do?

Last edited:
I heavily enjoy this new update. I like those mysterious biomes. And the Sunken Sea is one of them, really. Also, you cannot tell me this:
fC88fab.png

Little guy is not a reference to the Rabbit Ray from Subnautica. Who looks cute by the way. Would love to have a pet ray.

Updating the calamity mod to the latest version, I ran into a problem because of which the debuff from apotheosis and friends became despawning the creatures. Someone can throw off an older version of calamity mod without this bug (for example, version 1.4.2)

Last edited:
PLEASE nerf the twins, Spazmatism it cant make so many dashes, just a lazer make over 100 damage, very unbalanced

PLEASE nerf the twins, Spazmatism it cant make so many dashes, just a lazer make over 100 damage, very unbalanced

The Twins are rather fairly balanced, it's just that they're rather hard. Understand how to deal with them both at the same time and you'll make it through the fight.

Try keeping your distance from Spazmatism once he dashes in phase 1, and pay very close attention to which direction he dashes across your screen in phase 2, so that you can avoid it properly each time he does it. If you have any kind of equipment that allows you to dash by that point (Shield of Cthulhu, Counter Scarf ESPECIALLY if you have it, etc.) equip it. It'll make dodging him easier.

Well quite a few people disagree, that's all I'll say, and they've since moved to the discord. Make no mistake that it's not just me that thinks these things, it's a majority of the people I speak to on a daily basis.

I prefer to be in control of what I create and if I am not I will happily leave and move on to something else, I can move on very easily and adapt to other situations, I do not need the forums. And the forums are clearly far less active than they used to be, just an observation over the years of me being here.

I doubt Discord will be shut down, and if it does then I will shut the mod down due to lack of a proper platform to conduct our dev work on. There is far too much content and servers up on Discord for it to be shut down instantly, it would cause an uproar and it would not be pretty. If anything they would get new management and move on.

And do you think I give a single damn about what the discord admins think of me? I can say almost whatever I want on there and I have never heard a single :red:ing peep from them. You know why? It's because we can moderate our server appropriately and without feeling like we're being babied by higher ups. We can speak our minds, it's not a safe space, if you act dumb on our server you will be chastised for it.

I don't need ANYBODY to do my job for me.

Last edited:
This mod is nice, but there's some things i want to see:
• You can't convert stargel walls back to stargel blocks, fix this please.
• I like the astral infection biome and in my opinion it would be great if you'll allow planting seend in astral infection and add astral monolith furniture.

Well quite a few people disagree, that's all I'll say, and they've since moved to the discord. Make no mistake that it's not just me that thinks these things, it's a majority of the people I speak to on a daily basis.

I prefer to be in control of what I create and if I am not I will happily leave and move on to something else, I can move on very easily and adapt to other situations, I do not need the forums. And the forums are clearly far less active than they used to be, just an observation over the years of me being here.

I doubt Discord will be shut down, and if it does then I will shut the mod down due to lack of a proper platform to conduct our dev work on. There is far too much content and servers up on Discord for it to be shut down instantly, it would cause an uproar and it would not be pretty. If anything they would get new management and move on.

And do you think I give a single damn about what the discord admins think of me? I can say almost whatever I want on there and I have never heard a single :red:ing peep from them. You know why? It's because we can moderate our server appropriately and without feeling like we're being babied by higher ups. We can speak our minds, it's not a safe space, if you act dumb on our server you will be chastised for it.

Ah yes, just as I thought the inner rebel burns deep in you, suck and tired of how society dictates you must act.
Discord admins would only intervene if you do something really, really bad which I don't see any reason you would. But otherwise yes I know, it's entirely on you.

As for the forums... Very true, and TBH I'm kinda surprised. Forums are a thing of the past and have been dying off that's no surprise, but due to Relogic choice to stay connected to them they still remain somewhat strong. I know what dying forums are so for you to call the Terraria forums dying is a grave overstatement. (Google something called Seriouszone; the former Serious Sam defacto forums)

If discord shuts down you'd shut Calamity down? Wow, that's quitter talk if I've heard any but team communication is vital, but despite what you wish I highly doubt Calamity would die if you choose to, there's far too many fans. I doubt a shutdown of discord would happen, but my point was "preparing" encase it could happen. I don't want to buy a statement from you that states "without discord, I am nothing". Becoming dependent on something is never good.
I mean, where would Calamity be without the Mod Browser? Another place you spread your influence to and the place most people downloaded the mod (over 3 million times) from. Think about that...

However in the end I'll respectfully acknowledge your choices and won't question them any further. No one really should dictate what you should do with your own mod and I won't be one of those people. I'm a sucker for the old ways of the internet and maybe I just refused to turn nasty at the world for how things turned out; that's a way we're different, I'm just a fan who wants to have a somewhat higher intelligent conversation with people and I thank you for your time.
So I'll drop this topic here and my next post will be about something completely different and not so off railing per-say.

Wow, the developer of this mod seems to be very angry.
So... You want me to join your discord? Ok, i'm ready to get banned.

Back
Top Bottom