tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
You know I don’t think Fabsol will Mind this thread being closed considering how he likes Discord more.
Sad, now i need to join discord and spam "NERF PROFANDED GUARDIANS SPEED" to contact with devs.

I think you're not supposed to talk about that on here.
[doublepost=1555358025,1555357909][/doublepost]
We just need "infected" versions of the Jungle in general (Corrupted Jungle, Crimsoned Jungle, Hallowed Jungle)...
That would be really cool, it almost makes me wonder why there isn't a mod that adds that. As far as I can tell, the only reason they aren't already a thing is because of how much work it would be.

That would be really cool, it almost makes me wonder why there isn't a mod that adds that. As far as I can tell, the only reason they aren't already a thing is because of how much work it would be.
Terraria overworld would have had that (But they stopped on it before they even released a demo)

Making a game IS work, and the more work someone puts into a game the cooler it is.

Portabulb for Plantera Summon is bugged, I am able to summon her just by dropping it on ground in that biome u start at... but not everywhere works for me on my fishing farm
Untitled.jpg

is there a way to change rouge back to throwing, because its kinda hard to do a throwing run with a damage type that isnt throwing
No. You can't really do a throwing run 'cause you'd end it before WoF. If you have other mods, just use their content.
Throwing is getting removed in 1.3.6 anyway.

rouge
latest

"All the world's gems are mine!"

is there a way to change rouge back to throwing, because its kinda hard to do a throwing run with a damage type that isnt throwing
Throwing is getting removed from the base game, so Calamity claimed it as its own class, called rogue (G before U). Rogue isn't quite the same as throwing, because Rogue has an emphasis on stealth-related mechanics (which makes it great for exploring the Abyss, at least in theory). If you want the old "high mobility and spammy projectiles" type of fun, you'll have to look to other mods, like SacredTools (which will be renamed to Shadows of Abaddon on its next update) or Thorium.

Last edited:
Portabulb for Plantera Summon is bugged, I am able to summon her just by dropping it on ground in that biome u start at... but not everywhere works for me on my fishing farm View attachment 219663
Boss summons are bugged in multiplayer. They can sometimes spawn when throwing the item or not spawn at all. There's no real solution to this issue, and I doubt it'll get fixed any time soon.

Throwing is getting removed from the base game, so Calamity claimed it as its own class, called rogue (G before U). Rogue isn't quite the same as throwing, because Rogue has an emphasis on stealth-related mechanics (which makes it great for exploring the Abyss, at least in theory). If you want the old "high mobility and spammy projectiles" type of fun, you'll have to look to other mods, like SacredTools (which will be renamed to Shadows of Abaddon on its next update) or Thorium.
Thanks for reccomending those mods, now i can SPAAAAAAAM DA LEFT CLICK BUTTON.

Access to the path 'Content\Fonts\ModFonts' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.FontCacheIO.DeleteIfOlder(String modFilename, String fontCacheFilename)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadFont(String path, Byte[] data)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

HELP!!!!

I have a few questions...

How do the many off/on items work in Multiplayer, like Revengeance, Death, Iron Heart, etc? Do they only affect the player who uses them, or does it immediately affect everyone on the server? If someone were to activate them during a boss would it instantly kill everyone else?

I have a few questions...

How do the many off/on items work in Multiplayer, like Revengeance, Death, Iron Heart, etc? Do they only affect the player who uses them, or does it immediately affect everyone on the server? If someone were to activate them during a boss would it instantly kill everyone else?
These items will activate the mode for the world, not for individual players. When you use them during a boss fight, only the user of the item dies, but the boss instantly despawns.

These items will activate the mode for the world, not for individual players. When you use them during a boss fight, only the user of the item dies, but the boss instantly despawns.
But, for example, if someone were to use an item such as Iron Heart during a fight in order to grief other players by making them lose their characters when they die. Is there some way through tmodloader to either prevent them from being spawned with, crafting, or using these items?

Im trying to start up a multiplayer server and this could end up being a very problematic issue if someone wanted to troll.

But, for example, if someone were to use an item such as Iron Heart during a fight in order to grief other players by making them lose their characters when they die. Is there some way through tmodloader to either prevent them from being spawned with, crafting, or using these items?

Im trying to start up a multiplayer server and this could end up being a very problematic issue if someone wanted to troll.
One of the easiest ways I could see would be to load up the world by yourself and kill a boss like king slime, a boss that doesn't affect progression, and then do multiplayer, considering that the Iron Heart can't be used after a boss has been killed in the world. For the other stuff, you can't really fix that.
Also, the items are craftable at a demon/crimson alter w/ no cost, so removing the items on player creation wouldn't really work.

hi..
first of all... i really like the Calamity mod...although i did finished original game with expert and using that progress on the mod..still looks really challenging and really exciting
but i did however noticed one thing: (maybe already pointed out but with 757 pages i don't think ill find it)
so i have been playing in a single world (newly generated) for like less than a week, so far i triggered 4 bosses (3 original , 1 from the mod) and have a 1 slime event (raining slime) , 1 goblin invasion and 1 blood moon event
what i noticed is: my main house (since i usually build one single tall building with rooms for my NPCs) is overly safe (both the blood moon and goblin invasion didn't come near my house ...) had to move like more that 200 tiles away to encounter them...
and this safe parameter started after had 3 NPCs (including the guide) not the usual 4...
for now i had to create a small room away so that the events can happen there..but is this a bug or i did something wrong??
I just wanted to bump this question up a bit, considering that I also have been experiencing the same problems.

Capture 2019-04-19 12_43_30.png

In this picture there is currently a martian invasion occurring. The wood walls on the far sides of the picture represent the last "safe" block before enemies will start spawning. There is a total of ~290 blocks of safe space, including the walls. My world spawn is located inside of the lava pit on the left, but my actual spawnpoint is right below the piggybank on the bottom of the screen. If there's any other important information that I forgot to mention, let me know, and I'll provide it.

I just wanted to bump this question up a bit, considering that I also have been experiencing the same problems.

View attachment 219866

In this picture there is currently a martian invasion occurring. The wood walls on the far sides of the picture represent the last "safe" block before enemies will start spawning. There is a total of ~290 blocks of safe space, including the walls. My world spawn is located inside of the lava pit on the left, but my actual spawnpoint is right below the piggybank on the bottom of the screen. If there's any other important information that I forgot to mention, let me know, and I'll provide it.

I've noticed that in the Calamity Mod's Config there's an option titled "DisableExpertEnemySpawnsNearHouse" which is set to true by default (As far as I know). If your world is in Expert mode this may be the cause. I haven't tried it myself as of writing this, but try setting it to false in the config file and see if it'll change.

Back
Top Bottom