tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
The change will affect nothing in your gameplay. The RoD will have its usage with no changes other than a countdown that shouldn't matter due to the fact that the RoD isn't used to dodge many attacks to begin with. If you heavily rely on it, that's gonna be tough until you make the new item, but for a majority of players, this doesn't change anything.

I don't take it as Fabsol promoting anything or attempting to increase the chances people will craft this new implemented upgrade. I see this change as Fabsol taking modding the game to a new level in which he can change core values of the game in order to meld it more with what Calamity adds. Calamity becomes not just "additional content" but an entirely new way to experience Terraria altogether, with different balancing, AI changes and modifications to way certain items work.

In relation to Vanilla, I see how your argument makes sense. It is a little weird, and I remember pointing out to my friend on Discord that the change initially frustrated me, but then I looked at it in terms of what Fabsol is doing with the mod and it made more sense. He's not just trying to say "Oh, this CALAMITY item is better than that VANILLA item and doesn't have the 10 second timer, looks like you're gonna have to use MY item now! :D" Instead, he's made sure there's a natural progression and actual incentive to even bother getting the new item beyond "oh I don't need an active slot anymore." Personally I'd get too used to using the RoD as is and wouldn't use the new one at all, but now there's a reason to, and there's no real problem with that.

He isn't sullying what made the RoD great or anything, he's just taking measures to make sure there's a reason to get a better one that ultimately adds a new layer of intricacy to how you control your character in the game.

Besides, like I said: this RoD nerf isn't going to affect your gameplay unless you outright rely on the RoD for dodging on a level beyond "when I clearly won't make it without it."

And I insist, the new item's advantages were good enough to actually do that without nerfing the RoD. It may not come as what I said to you, and that's fine, it's just my opinion. But that's how it felt too me. I'm not complaining about the gameplay, I mostly use the RoD as a comodity item, instead of applying to combat, so yeah, for me it won't affect nothing. Literally.

2d6204584d.png

I didn't really even use the RoD at all to be honest, so maybe I don't have the same perspective as those who DO use it, but I can see Fabsol's reasoning for this quite well. Since this mod is meant to add a crap ton of content, why not encourage people to use the items it provides?

The thing is, the normally relocator (I think that's the name) already has several advantages over the RoD to justify the use. For one, it doesn't affect the Counter Scarf, unlike the RoD, which increase the cd of the scarf if you are on chaos state, or chaos state's cd increases a lot if the scarf is on cd. Also, unlike the chaos state of the RoD, the chaos state of the new item doesn't increase the damage you suffer by 50% in revengeance. Nerfing the RoD was unneeded at this point, in my opinion.

There is a known bug for a few mods that are major to me, they are particularly incompatible exclusively because it somehow conflicts with the usage of boss summoning items. The mods are all located here: tModLoader - TGM1234's Mods

I was wondering if you'd look into making your mod compatible with the following mods that have the issue in common:
*"ShaderLib"
*"Item Customizer" (I read this one is mostly the culprit, but ShaderLib is required to run)
"Hair Dye & Armour"
"Secret Dyes"
"Vanilla Dye Fix"

Last edited:
Ok so, running into a little issue, not sure if its a known one or not. I've been playing modded terraria for like a week now and this mods been great! Playing revengeance expert and finally hit hardmode after a while (skeletron was gatekeeping me for days). Now im just upgrading gear and what not with all the new stuff available to me in hardmode. This is where my issue started. I made the ambrosial ampoule for my mining set and i use it together with a full set of platinum armor, but once I pop a mining potion, i can break 1 block and it locks up my left click until i swap to a gun weapon or close the game. I've been able to recreate it on multiple worlds as well as characters by just putting on a full set of plat, equipping the ambrosial, then using a mining potion while using/wearing nothing else. every step before using the potion works fine as well as any pickaxe. only happens as soon as i chug the mining speed potion with the plat/ambro on.

This is the only mod i run
its version 1.4.2.4
terraria version 1.3.5.2
tmodloader version 0.10.1.5

For all this drama i think Normality Relocator is already good, why you try to increase chaos state debuff? I mean, it literally saves 1 hotbar slot for more important things.
[doublepost=1556378380,1556378353][/doublepost]
There is a known bug for a few mods that are major to me, they are particularly incompatible exclusively because it somehow conflicts with the usage of boss summoning items. The mods are all located here: tModLoader - TGM1234's Mods

I was wondering if you'd look into making your mod compatible with the following mods that have the issue in common:
*"ShaderLib"
*"Item Customizer" (I read this one is mostly the culprit, but ShaderLib is required to run)
"Hair Dye & Armour"
"Secret Dyes"
"Vanilla Dye Fix"
I play with ShaderLib and IC and it runs ok

Has anyone encountered this bug? There are silva crystals lining the room of chests, but about half of the crystals aren't visually there. They still have collision, and the torches act as though they are there, it's just that they're not visually shown. I tried messing w/ silva crystals elsewhere to try to get the bug to happen, but was unsuccessful, so I'm not sure what's really causing it.

Attachments

• Capture 2019-04-27 10_45_00.png
    Capture 2019-04-27 10_45_00.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 275
For all this drama i think Normality Relocator is already good, why you try to increase chaos state debuff? I mean, it literally saves 1 hotbar slot for more important things.

If you mean me, that was my point, I feel that it wasn't needed to nerf the RoD when the Normality relocator's extra effects were already good enough for players to want to update to it.

I don't think anyone want to increase the CD of the chaos state debuff. Or at least, neither me nor ARTEZUI. Well, in my case, I can assure you that I don't want it.

Has anyone encountered this bug? There are silva crystals lining the room of chests, but about half of the crystals aren't visually there. They still have collision, and the torches act as though they are there, it's just that they're not visually shown. I tried messing w/ silva crystals elsewhere to try to get the bug to happen, but was unsuccessful, so I'm not sure what's really causing it.

This is fixed in the next update, was an error with tile merging with dirt. Thank you for the report regardless.

Ok so, running into a little issue, not sure if its a known one or not. I've been playing modded terraria for like a week now and this mods been great! Playing revengeance expert and finally hit hardmode after a while (skeletron was gatekeeping me for days). Now im just upgrading gear and what not with all the new stuff available to me in hardmode. This is where my issue started. I made the ambrosial ampoule for my mining set and i use it together with a full set of platinum armor, but once I pop a mining potion, i can break 1 block and it locks up my left click until i swap to a gun weapon or close the game. I've been able to recreate it on multiple worlds as well as characters by just putting on a full set of plat, equipping the ambrosial, then using a mining potion while using/wearing nothing else. every step before using the potion works fine as well as any pickaxe. only happens as soon as i chug the mining speed potion with the plat/ambro on.

This is the only mod i run
its version 1.4.2.4
terraria version 1.3.5.2
tmodloader version 0.10.1.5

Known error, this happens when mining speed is stacked too high.

"Solution: Reduce your mining speed, this is the only way to avoid this issue." - From the Bug document on the discord.

I have been extremely upset over this issue since it also seemed to effect both critters and enemy NPC spawning around the area. If even one friendly NPC made their way to one of my arenas it would stop an invasion or any other NPCs. It was like they were a walking stack of sunflowers!

I just turned it off and it went back to spawns and invasions happening normally, which is way better imo. I'm not playing in Expert or Resurgence mode so it seems to effect regardless of setting or mode that you're in.

Should make it easier to have this be an option to turn on or off instead of having it default.

It'll default to "false" next update. It's meant to work on any mode, name of the config may be changed.

I was wondering, is there any way to make it so that items that affect or deal throwing damage count as rogue damage?

Not at the moment, this functionality may or may not be added in the future though. Throwing accessory compatibility has been talked about before, not sure about damage.

Last edited:
If you mean me, that was my point, I feel that it wasn't needed to nerf the RoD when the Normality relocator's extra effects were already good enough for players to want to update to it.

I don't think anyone want to increase the CD of the chaos state debuff. Or at least, neither me nor ARTEZUI. Well, in my case, I can assure you that I don't want it.

Personally I'm unaffected by it, as should everybody be. It makes no difference to any player who uses the RoD. I don't really care.

Hey Guys, i have a question..

I'm playing on expert atm and sometimes my heart of the elements is... crazy xD
The cloud elemental is spawning like 20+ times

If its important to know, i play expert in multiplayer with a friend

Hey Guys, i have a question..

I'm playing on expert atm and sometimes my heart of the elements is... crazy xD
The cloud elemental is spawning like 20+ times

If its important to know, i play expert in multiplayer with a friend

Known issue that only happens in multiplayer. Was presumed to be fixed awhile ago, unsure about it now.

I love how when I revert the change that almost nobody wanted almost nobody talks about it, but when I make the initial change everyone loses their minds.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I have reverted the RoD change talked about earlier and I'm sticking with the 50% increased damage taken while under chaos state. My initial reasoning for extending the debuff time was because the Rod of Discord is just way too powerful of an item from a gameplay standpoint, and most people agreed, but the problem with extending the debuff length is that it just makes the item more tedious to use and would also mess with the timing that people have gotten used to (being able to use it every 6 seconds); so I'm sticking with the damage taken boost.

Last edited:
so lets see we have the plagued plate blocks, walls, and furniture set and we have the weapons dropped by plaguebringer goliath any chance of us ever getting a armor set to with these
I'd been thinking about this too! I was thinking it'd be another multiclass set with the set bonus of attacks being imbued with the Plague (damage type given Plague imbuement would depend on the helmet you make)

I love how when I revert the change that almost nobody wanted almost nobody talks about it, but when I make the initial change everyone loses their minds.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I have reverted the RoD change talked about earlier and I'm sticking with the 50% increased damage taken while under chaos state. My initial reasoning for extending the debuff time was because the Rod of Discord is just way too powerful of an item from a gameplay standpoint, and most people agreed, but the problem with extending the debuff length is that it just makes the item more tedious to use and would also mess with the timing that people have gotten used to (being able to use it every 6 seconds); so I'm sticking with the damage taken boost.

This is exactly why I'm scared to work on a mod like this... People REALLY don't like nerfs (even if they're reasonable). At least the RoD will still have that damage-taken-increase to, I guess, pave the way for the Normality Relocator and make people want to use it. (EDIT: I didn't know about the change until when you posted that... sorry...)

Last edited:

I'm... going to have to apologise, I didn't ignore or refuse to talk about you reverting the change, I just outright didn't know. Sorry about that!

I feel like from a standpoint, the nerf seems absolutely reasonable. Due to Calamity's focus on boss battles, having the rod of discord stay to its absolute powerful self would completely nullify any challenge that some of the bosses have (Specifically SCal and DoG). The RoD should be a get out of jail free card, not a boss cheeser. Having the increase of damage under Chaos state discourages cheesy play, and instead helps the player focus on actually fighting the bosses the way they were intended to be faced. So for the nerf, you've got my support!

Due to Calamity's focus on boss battles, having the rod of discord stay to its absolute powerful self would completely nullify any challenge that some of the bosses have (Specifically SCal and DoG).

The Normality Relocator is obtainable immediately after Moon Lord, iirc. So you don't have "its absolute powerful self", you actually have something better, by the time you fight those two bosses. Therefore, only Hardmode-to-Moonlord bosses would be fought "the way they were intended to be faced".
So for reverting the nerf, you've got my support.

Honestly though, bringing up the Normality Relocator might just be pointless in general, seeing as it's dedicated to a Patreon donator.

By the way, love the new Defiled Rune.

Last edited:
i didn't use RoD either lol. i never saw how effective it was and usually found it trouble some to switch to another item to teleport. fortunately, normality relocator made me realize the potential of those 2 items lol

Work with Overhaul? Previously I played without any kind of error with the calamity and tremor mods and now that I try to play with thorium I can not because I play 10 minutes and close the game without warning of previous error. (Without using the overhaul mod)

Work with Overhaul? Previously I played without any kind of error with the calamity and tremor mods and now that I try to play with thorium I can not because I play 10 minutes and close the game without warning of previous error. (Without using the overhaul mod)

Unsure, i've heard some issues with the two before but nothing recent. They likely work together, but be cautious.

Back
Top Bottom