tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
The main problem with overhaul, unless I'm mixing it with another mod and as far as I can tell, is that most mods (and vanilla itself, at high level) are balanced around autoswing, something that overhaul disables without any option to restore it. The game becomes harder that it's suposed to be, specially with mods like Calamity, which ups the dps needed to defeat bosses without too much trouble.

If there are other issues, I haven't noticed them before I uninstaled overhaul.

The main problem with overhaul, unless I'm mixing it with another mod and as far as I can tell, is that most mods (and vanilla itself, at high level) are balanced around autoswing, something that overhaul disables without any option to restore it. The game becomes harder that it's suposed to be, specially with mods like Calamity, which ups the dps needed to defeat bosses without too much trouble.

If there are other issues, I haven't noticed them before I uninstaled overhaul.
Actually, there should be a way to disable this. In the Overhaul settings, there should be a setting to turn off the item overhauls. This should give autoswinging weapons their autoswing back, although it turns off the item overhauls of course. I do this all the time so I can do playthroughs with the season mechanic (which I quite like), but if you REALLY want to keep the overhauled items, then I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done.

Hey I have an issue with my version of the calamity mod, I have both the current calamity mod and the calamity mod music downloaded from the tmodloader modbrowser. The issue is that a single song (the tale of a Cruel world) is constantly playing, no other soundtracks will play, just the one on repeat. When I move to different biomes or even when fighting bosses the tale of a cruel world will play and only it will play. It is very frustrating and I wanted to know if this was a common issue and if there is a way to fix it. Thanks for your time.

Hey I have an issue with my version of the calamity mod, I have both the current calamity mod and the calamity mod music downloaded from the tmodloader modbrowser. The issue is that a single song (the tale of a Cruel world) is constantly playing, no other soundtracks will play, just the one on repeat. When I move to different biomes or even when fighting bosses the tale of a cruel world will play and only it will play. It is very frustrating and I wanted to know if this was a common issue and if there is a way to fix it. Thanks for your time.
Do you have the music box for it (which is obtained from the Starter Bag) equipped? If you do, that’s why it’s constantly playing.

Do you have the music box for it (which is obtained from the Starter Bag) equipped? If you do, that’s why it’s constantly playing.
I’m so dumb, I did have it equipped. I did so much research and knew about the music box but didn’t realize what it was. Thanks so much!

Let's add another class, while we're at it! Thorium already had two added classes, Calamity's only got one, gotta catch up to 'em!

(He said, while still working on a mod that will eventually have four classes and a demi-class)

Let's add another class, while we're at it! Thorium already had two added classes, Calamity's only got one, gotta catch up to 'em!

(He said, while still working on a mod that will eventually have four classes and a demi-class)
I'd love to see a Druid/Transformation Class of sorts!

Thorium already kinda has that... it's not too fleshed out, but it's existant and pretty obvious once you start the game.
Ah, I kinda forgot about that... Maybe a fleshed-out fishing class? They could have different rods to use as weapons, with certain weapons being multihooked...? Not sure how that sounds though...

Ah, I kinda forgot about that... Maybe a fleshed-out fishing class? They could have different rods to use as weapons, with certain weapons being multihooked...? Not sure how that sounds though...

I know there is a mod with a legendary fishing rod that doubles as a weapon. That thing is a monstruosity when it comes to fishing (at post moonlord I've seen it casting enough lines to lose count of them, more than 20, and I want so say 40, for sure), but I don't remember the mod right now.

It's not a proper class, just an overpowered tool that doubles as a potent weapon (nothing compared with true powerful weapons, of course, but potent on its own way)

I know there is a mod with a legendary fishing rod that doubles as a weapon. That thing is a monstruosity when it comes to fishing (at post moonlord I've seen it casting enough lines to lose count of them, more than 20, and I want so say 40, for sure), but I don't remember the mod right now.

It's not a proper class, just an overpowered tool that doubles as a potent weapon (nothing compared with true powerful weapons, of course, but potent on its own way)
Well, guess I’m out of ideas for classes :sigh:
(I think you’re talking about Joost)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom