tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask/ it was mentioned before (maybe I just suck at googling), but I had a few questions.

The first is keybinding R1 num keys (not to be confused with num pad). I've realized that if you bind rage/adrenaline to something like d4, as long as the meter is greater than 0, hitting d4 will also swap to whatever is in the 4th slot. So if rage is bound to d1, and my rage is 2, hitting the 1! key will swap me from my current item to whatever is in hotbar position 1.

I was also curious if there is any way to really optimize multiplayer. I guess multi, in general, isn't really a main point for terraria, but I've just noticed that bosses do weird things. For example, they always agro on the host. I could be at base and my friend summons yharon and yharon will come and destroy me. Or teleporting bosses will teleport on you. For example, the two larger slimes with the slime god boss will just teleport on you and well, gg you're dead then.

Again, sorry if these have already been mentioned, I just didn't find any info regarding these issues. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask/ it was mentioned before (maybe I just suck at googling), but I had a few questions.

The first is keybinding R1 num keys (not to be confused with num pad). I've realized that if you bind rage/adrenaline to something like d4, as long as the meter is greater than 0, hitting d4 will also swap to whatever is in the 4th slot. So if rage is bound to d1, and my rage is 2, hitting the 1! key will swap me from my current item to whatever is in hotbar position 1.

I was also curious if there is any way to really optimize multiplayer. I guess multi, in general, isn't really a main point for terraria, but I've just noticed that bosses do weird things. For example, they always agro on the host. I could be at base and my friend summons yharon and yharon will come and destroy me. Or teleporting bosses will teleport on you. For example, the two larger slimes with the slime god boss will just teleport on you and well, gg you're dead then.

Again, sorry if these have already been mentioned, I just didn't find any info regarding these issues. Thanks!
It sounds like you messed up the hotkeys or something and the rage and adrenaline keys share a binding with the hotbar keys.

As for multiplayer, I don't think there's much you can do about that. Multiplayer in general is a bit messy to workaround and code, so optimization is nothing easy.

It sounds like you messed up the hotkeys or something and the rage and adrenaline keys share a binding with the hotbar keys.

Tbh, I'm not really sure. As I said, the hotbar keys are changed to numpad numbers, not R1 number keys. I'll send post a screenshot of my keybinds, however, I've tried resetting all the keybinds to default, and then changing them again, but yeah, I didn't get any luck. Maybe I'm being stupid and forgot something, probably. Edit: It might just be a vanilla terraria issue, I noticed that using my buff hotkey (D1) will swap to the item in slot one.
As for multiplayer, I don't think there's much you can do about that. Multiplayer, in general, is a bit messy to workaround and code, so optimization is nothing easy.

That doesn't surprise me. Vanilla multi was a bit messy so it shouldn't/ doesn't shock me that huge overhaul mods like Calamity would suffer a bit from it. Again, not really a big issue, does make death mode and stupidly defiled ruin on a bit more of a pain to play through, but it is what it is.

*Note: Might have to open in a new window to get a less pixelated view.
Keybinds.png

Last edited:
There is a strange thing a friend of mine has noticed and I am wondering if this is related to the Calamity mod.
Apparently the Crimson Biome's grass tends to get destroyed all the time which is causing Vicious Mushrooms to pop and
it makes thorny vines appear ALL over the place. Anyone else noticed such a thing aswell or is this literally a feature or something ?

It does become a little more difficult since the thorny vines always reset the regeneration, but that isn't too much of a concern to me.
What is a concern however, is why it actually happens and if this is actually Calamity's fault or not.
Corruption doesn't seem to have this sort of problem, so only Crimson has it.

Mods we are using:

Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music) v.1.4.2.4
Calamity Mod Music v.1.4.2.1
Calamity Mod Extra Music v1.0.5
Calamity's Vanities v3.0.4
Cheat Sheet v.0.5.0.2
Disable Spreading v1.0.0

Now one might instantly see this list and the mod "Disable Spreading" becomes a thorn
in the eye regarding our problem, however we tried disabling that one entirely and made new worlds
to see if the problem still persists and Vicious Mushrooms still pop with thorny vines spreading like crazy.
It's not a thing that hinders us when its about playing, it's just a little strange and it did not do that before.

Other than that, really great mod and please keep up the good work and all.

There is a strange thing a friend of mine has noticed and I am wondering if this is related to the Calamity mod.
Apparently the Crimson Biome's grass tends to get destroyed all the time which is causing Vicious Mushrooms to pop and
it makes thorny vines appear ALL over the place. Anyone else noticed such a thing aswell or is this literally a feature or something ?

It does become a little more difficult since the thorny vines always reset the regeneration, but that isn't too much of a concern to me.
What is a concern however, is why it actually happens and if this is actually Calamity's fault or not.
Corruption doesn't seem to have this sort of problem, so only Crimson has it.

Mods we are using:

Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music) v.1.4.2.4
Calamity Mod Music v.1.4.2.1
Calamity Mod Extra Music v1.0.5
Calamity's Vanities v3.0.4
Cheat Sheet v.0.5.0.2
Disable Spreading v1.0.0

Now one might instantly see this list and the mod "Disable Spreading" becomes a thorn
in the eye regarding our problem, however we tried disabling that one entirely and made new worlds
to see if the problem still persists and Vicious Mushrooms still pop with thorny vines spreading like crazy.
It's not a thing that hinders us when its about playing, it's just a little strange and it did not do that before.

Other than that, really great mod and please keep up the good work and all.
I've encountered the same Thorny Vine problem, but I didn't associate it with a bug. Now that I think of it, it does only happen with Crimson Calamity worlds.

Hi! I've encountered a problem where I can't join my friend because I have to download the Calamity Mod.
I've played with the mod before with my friends and now revisiting it, however, when I try to join my friend, it makes me download the Calamity Mod again. I've had it downloaded prior but it still does the same thing. My friend got in-game fine.
The problem here is that it that the bar gets stuck. Is this a bug on my end? Is it a bug on my friend's end?

Hi! I've encountered a problem where I can't join my friend because I have to download the Calamity Mod.
I've played with the mod before with my friends and now revisiting it, however, when I try to join my friend, it makes me download the Calamity Mod again. I've had it downloaded prior but it still does the same thing. My friend got in-game fine.
The problem here is that it that the bar gets stuck. Is this a bug on my end? Is it a bug on my friend's end?

Known issue, it's caused by you and your friend not having the exact same calamity/calamity music mod files. Both of you need to delete your calamity mod/music files, go to the Mod Downloads channel on the Calamity discord and look for the latest calamity/calamity music downloads and install them.

Known issue, it's caused by you and your friend not having the exact same calamity/calamity music mod files. Both of you need to delete your calamity mod/music files, go to the Mod Downloads channel on the Calamity discord and look for the latest calamity/calamity music downloads and install them.
um...wouldn't it be be easier to update from tmod

also boss fight ideas.
for dreadon in the first phase he will fight you himself. apon reaching 50% health, he realises he cant beat you and teleport away and summons his upgraded creations (like doggo)also im going to include Astrum Aureus because i guess he is also a mech)
for destroyer he has been upgraded and will act somewhere between deus and doggo.
not to sure what to do about the others, mabye have prime reciving a few more arms and twins acting simulaly to calamitas.
after all the mechs and aures has been defeated, dreadon reliseing that on their own, the mechs cant defeat you so he makes them all into one single robot in a last dich attempt to kill you. when thats destroyed he
reappears commits suicide rather than admitting defeat

as for the sprites, im still thinking about it, although i guess we can recycle the old sprites for doggo and calamitas.

also boss fight ideas.
for dreadon in the first phase he will fight you himself. apon reaching 50% health, he realises he cant beat you and teleport away and summons his upgraded creations (like doggo)also im going to include Astrum Aureus because i guess he is also a mech)
for destroyer he has been upgraded and will act somewhere between deus and doggo.
not to sure what to do about the others, mabye have prime reciving a few more arms and twins acting simulaly to calamitas.
after all the mechs and aures has been defeated, dreadon reliseing that on their own, the mechs cant defeat you so he makes them all into one single robot in a last dich attempt to kill you. when thats destroyed he

as for the sprites, im still thinking about it, although i guess we can recycle the old sprites for doggo and calamitas.
I mean, uh, being Draedon the next-to-do boss, they probably know what he's gonna do.

also boss fight ideas.

yeah, but the aureus can be a non-astral version as he hasn't sent this one out to collect samples from the astral infection, also its new name will be "The Collector" (boring name imo) the bosses can be fought in a way similar to boss rush, in a certain order, but i think it should be the order most people (or at least i) went:

The Twins are stare you down... [if the twins are killed, but if not, the spawn message will say "The Twins, Watchers of the Night have awoken!" (in this boss fight, now known as "Oculus" and "Aspectu")

The Destroyer lunges at you! [if not killed back in hardmode, it will say "Destroyer, the Bane of Planets has awoken!" (in this boss right, it will be known as "
Imperium"

Skeletron Prime strikes fear into you... [if not killed in hardmode, the summon message will say "Skeletron Prime, The Embodiment of Terror has awoken!"] (in this fight it will be known as "Maxumus Metus")

after defeating all 4 of them, draedon fuses the broken parts into a super mech like you said, and it will be called, "Mecha Madness". after defeating his final mech, he then says,

"MY CREATIONS! MY BRILLIANT CREATIONS!"
"...I suppose I should've known this would happen."
"You defeated The Devourer and even my lord's trusted companion..."
"...You've even mimicked, if not, then surpassed my masterful craftsmanship..."
"I suppose this is it for me."

after being defeated:

"The Witch of Calamity awaits."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom