tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
i just realized these are basically weakened R mode weapons for those who dont feel ready to go on R mode, and i never saw the void vortex but if it rivals yharims crystal then i better use it before it gets nerfed lol

i just realized these are basically weakened R mode weapons for those who dont feel ready to go on R mode, and i never saw the void vortex but if it rivals yharims crystal then i better use it before it gets nerfed lol
well i did it on a single target dummy, still need to test it on bosses and enemies as sometimes weapons are designed for specic things, for example the quaser is really good for events including post yharon solar eclipce as all enemy that use melee attacks are unable to attack you as they are suck in the sky, but yes they get similar dps when used on a single target and the vortex has a higher drop chance

oh btw dont use quasar on bosses, they arn't affected by the gravity

Last edited:
A bug from calamity
Screenshot_2.png

i really want to play this mod. First i downloaded the mods, then i created a modloader folder in terraria because there wasnt one there. it didnt work and I am absolutely blind at following the instructions whern they dont work. please could someone break down the way to do it. I copied the calamitymod.tmod file etc but nothing changed.

i really want to play this mod. First i downloaded the mods, then i created a modloader folder in terraria because there wasnt one there. it didnt work and I am absolutely blind at following the instructions whern they dont work. please could someone break down the way to do it. I copied the calamitymod.tmod file etc but nothing changed.
that isn't how u do it, you first need to download tmodloader, then open it up. it will create a folder for your moded things as soon as you open it. THEN you go move the files into the modloader

or you can download directly from the mods browser

I'm not really sure how I feel about the new brimstone sprites. The shapes themselves look good but the color palette being changed like that makes them look wrapped in leather.

So if you're a thrower you're basically screwed now? Since this "rogue" thing replaced all the previous thrower gear? RIP.
Throwing is going to get deleted via being turned into ranged in the 1.3.6 anyway. Also, rogue is much more in-depth than regular throwing damage which falls off whenever it falls off (I've never done a throwing run of terraria).

Will you or when will you add in Yharim and Draedon, i have been hoping to fight them

with the stuff being done on this mod such as polish and balances/nerfs and coming up with epic ideas for the bosses they'll probably be here mid 2020 or even early 2021, but i hope theyre being developed a bit right now

So... why Crysthamyr? Were you just like "Just pick something that sounds like a wizard name or whatever." and came up with it?

EDIT: Just read the Gamepedia page. It's a donor item.

So not sure if this is even the right place to post this, so feel free to move or remove my post, but...

I've been having an issue since I killed Supreme Calamitas on my world where it seems that if I take damage from a boss or event enemy even while I'm using god mode from a different mod, I die instantly and get the "player's head appeared where their legs should be" death message every time, preceded by the "Go to hell" message SCal is supposed to give you if you manage to instantly kill her... I've played the Calamity mod before and have not had this issue in multiplayer, and I've never once used the Armageddon item until now. Using it has no effect on my deaths either. It's getting really annoying as I mess around and collect the last few weapons and accessories. Does anyone have any idea why or how this is happening? It seems to somehow being directly related to killing SCal because it did not once EVERY happen before that, but I also did recently download the newest update. I can provide a list of the mods I'm using if that'd be helpful.

I am at the very end of the mod but I'd like to keep playing at least for a while just to see everything I missed the first time I played. However, it's getting frustratingly difficult as I die to bosses I should be able to destroy in a matter of seconds. Nothing I've done seems to help at all. If anyone has found a solution, please let me know. The screenshot provided shows the death messages I get and me activating and deactivating Armageddon.

Attachments

• sdggs (2).png
    sdggs (2).png
    295.2 KB · Views: 218
Hello again! These are quite some updates, it seems. It's been a while since I last checked Calamity; congrats on making such a popular mod, MountainDrew!

It seems that many people are mad that the vanilla thrower weapons are going rogue (no pun intended). Since you don't look like you're going to change your mind on that, I'd like to offer a suggestion. Spirit Mod has a couple items that do 2 types of damage at once (Oak Heart for instance, does melee and throwing), so I was wondering, could you do something like this for the vanilla thrower weapons (makes this mod work better alongside other mods that use throwing) and have them do both rogue and throwing damage at once? That way, rogue enhancements still work with them, but people can still have their normal throwing weapons.

Hello again! These are quite some updates, it seems. It's been a while since I last checked Calamity; congrats on making such a popular mod, MountainDrew!

It seems that many people are mad that the vanilla thrower weapons are going rogue (no pun intended). Since you don't look like you're going to change your mind on that, I'd like to offer a suggestion. Spirit Mod has a couple items that do 2 types of damage at once (Oak Heart for instance, does melee and throwing), so I was wondering, could you do something like this for the vanilla thrower weapons (makes this mod work better alongside other mods that use throwing) and have them do both rogue and throwing damage at once? That way, rogue enhancements still work with them, but people can still have their normal throwing weapons.
Bruh Throwing is getting removed in the next Terraria Update (something Fabsol knew ahead of time)

So not sure if this is even the right place to post this, so feel free to move or remove my post, but...

I've been having an issue since I killed Supreme Calamitas on my world where it seems that if I take damage from a boss or event enemy even while I'm using god mode from a different mod, I die instantly and get the "player's head appeared where their legs should be" death message every time, preceded by the "Go to hell" message SCal is supposed to give you if you manage to instantly kill her... I've played the Calamity mod before and have not had this issue in multiplayer, and I've never once used the Armageddon item until now. Using it has no effect on my deaths either. It's getting really annoying as I mess around and collect the last few weapons and accessories. Does anyone have any idea why or how this is happening? It seems to somehow being directly related to killing SCal because it did not once EVERY happen before that, but I also did recently download the newest update. I can provide a list of the mods I'm using if that'd be helpful.

I am at the very end of the mod but I'd like to keep playing at least for a while just to see everything I missed the first time I played. However, it's getting frustratingly difficult as I die to bosses I should be able to destroy in a matter of seconds. Nothing I've done seems to help at all. If anyone has found a solution, please let me know. The screenshot provided shows the death messages I get and me activating and deactivating Armageddon.
You most likely have Supreme Calamitas' lore item in your inventory, which causes exactly what is happening to you; dying in one hit with the 'Go to hell' message. Take it out of your inventory and things should go back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom