tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Seems to be working fine for me, must be a conflict between mods, as I only have Calamity and Calamity's Music mods on.

So I decided to try this mod again, after so long and it seems good!

I also downloaded the music addon for Calamity, too and... not sure if this is the right place to put feedback, but...

I've heard the King Slime, Blizzard, and Eye of Cthulhu's themes.... but the Eye (and maybe just somewhat the Slime's) seems...... far too loud compared to the music in the rest of the game, to the point it was hard on the ears and it drowned out most of the sound in the game. If I were to reduce my music volume level to where that theme is comfortable, then I wouldn't be able to hear the vanilla tracks in the game.

IMO, Please consider doing a volume level pass in the music, measure the loudest theme that Vanilla Terraria has, and then make sure that no sound in the modded music goes above that level.

It would go a long way.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the themes themselves, and a lot of nice work was put into them.... they're just too loud.
The "Calamity Mod Extra Music" mod (which adds the themes for Vanilla bosses/events), is composed and developed by Turquoise, not by MountainDrew/Fabsol. You'll have to contact him about this issue.

I couldn't find a thread about it on the forums here but I do know for a fact that he is in the Calamity Art Discord server, so you can probably try to message him over there.

Ahh, okay. I wasn't aware that the mod was entirely separate from Calamity, I was figuring the same people were behind it too.

Sorry about that!

I've been playing Calamity (the tmod browser version) and the latest stable tmodloader release and I've not encountered any troubles. Started 2-3 days ago.

I really loved this mod, until one day all my worlds, characters and mods got removed. I updated the tmodloader, and now i can find all mods except Calamity. I can only find Calamity Music and Calamity extra music, but Calamity is completely gone. Did you do something on this?

Hello, I am just playing around deathmode and using armageddon to faster grind items from bosses. It is also a very challenging method to grind items, and sometimes I waste even more time than killing bosses one by one in normal way. The thing I miss is some kind of trophy when you kill a boss with armageddon for the first time. That would be amazing and would add a new series of items for collectors:)

Hi! I'm having a pretty big issue. It is now and for now reason getting my character stuck in place whenever I get something buffing my damage output. To be specific, battle combinations of the alchemistnpc mod or the damage pet from it as well. Tried them without Calamity or any other mod and they work just fine, so I'm 100% sure this is the issue.

Edit: It seems to be freezing with Fargo's soul whenever the accessory modifies damage or crit

Last edited:
@Floweh, Yeah I have experienced this same issue although after updating all my mods I have not experienced it since so it either fixed it or I just have not used the buffs that were freezing the game since updating. So you can try updating your mods but if that does not work then If you have cheatsheet you can just clear buffs to unfreeze the game when it happens.

@Rabbit of Caerbannog! Well, yeah, that's what I've been doing. That does not fix the issue though, as I am unable to use any passive damage stat provided by mods, either potions or accessories. Playable, true, but it kinda ruins the other mods that support it and an important part of the experience.

Hi! I'm having a pretty big issue. It is now and for now reason getting my character stuck in place whenever I get something buffing my damage output. To be specific, battle combinations of the alchemistnpc mod or the damage pet from it as well. Tried them without Calamity or any other mod and they work just fine, so I'm 100% sure this is the issue.

Edit: It seems to be freezing with Fargo's soul whenever the accessory modifies damage or crit

Do you have a mod to increase the buff limit cap? i had the same issue with buffs and debuffs and it was caused by a mod to increase the buffs cap, i changed to a diferent mod that did the same and my problem got fixed

Do you have a mod to increase the buff limit cap? i had the same issue with buffs and debuffs and it was caused by a mod to increase the buffs cap, i changed to a diferent mod that did the same and my problem got fixed

The only mods that could be doing that are alchemist and Calamity, since they are the base for everything else. I will try overriding that setting with another mod to see if it works.

Edit: After trial and error for a while, it seems there is nothing that could prevent Calamity from freezing my character, so I guess I will stick to another big mod for now.

Last edited:
There is a bug with calamity mod where your character freezes mid-air and you cannot attack, move or interact. It seems to happen more during boss fights and underground. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hey, I'm guessing the mod is still incompatible with the latest version of tModLoader. Just updated everything today and only Calamity isn't working, which sucks because I love this mod.

I have a question regarding the Lore. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I can't think of where else to ask. The Lore on the Wiki says that the Devourer of Gods burrowed inside and ate the original Astrum Deus before crushing its empty husk, and that "If any entity is powerful enough to consume these infected planets, then they too are prey for the infection." and, "their purpose of existence is reduced to spreading the virus" for Astrum Deus's lore, then shouldn't The Devourer of Gods be infected with the Astral Infection?

The only reason I can think of for DoG not being infected is for his ability to use the power of those he consumes, but wouldn't the Infection just use that ability against him to make themselves stronger and overwhelm him? I want to know other peoples' opinions about this, but I'm perfectly fine if no one responds.

So for Terraria journey's end, they said that they're making an upgrade for the terra blade that will be stronger than the meowmere. Will that be updated to the exobalde's crafting tree? Might is suggest that you make a True version of the influx waver, potentially the upgraded terra blade, earth, animus, and a few other weapons to make a weapon called terran? it might be just as OP as the exoblade, but it would be awesome

Back
Top Bottom