tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
After a problem I had posted about in the tmodloader pg, It put my Abyss/Sulphorous sea (Which I think is not meant to happen) Effects on the jungle side, not the entire biome, just the effects. I have the problem I posted here.

Attachments

• My problem.PNG
    My problem.PNG
    106.4 KB · Views: 161
I updated Tmodloader last week and my characters with calamity cant move any more they are like frozen and i reinstalled Tmodloader and terraria it doesnt help. I think it is calamity mod bug.

Slime God is Ridiculously overtuned for Pre-hardmode.

Pretty much the only reliable way to defeat it in Revengeance is just to do it After Hardmode.

yes, that's right. When all the statigel stuff is worthless.

Then I'd consider it very strange how I defeated the Slime God back then in Revengeance without being in hardmode and only having pre-Slime God gear. And before you ask, yes, they were THAT powerful already when I killed them.
Baum Productions also defeated them this way.

Chaos Candle, Zerg potions no longer work in this new update. Tranquility / Zen seems to still work. Created a new world, currently up to DoG and it is still not working (in case it was somehow progression dependent).

All mods disable, then uninstalled still coming across this. (including hero's mod)

Calamity causing clentaminator to spew out dirt background atop changing the blocks as normal any Idea why?

Screenshot:
20191104033206_1.jpg

I'm wondering and if this has already been asked and provided an answer for I'm sorry in advanve.
But can the CMM[Calamity Music Mod] be used without having to have the main mod installed?
Cause I want to see how the music[if it changes anything in the base game] without having Calamity installed.

Not sure if this has been addressed or not but, with Calamity installed an error pops up whenever loading a character with mods added or removed.

error.png

I did some thorough testing from uninstalling various mods or reinstalling with Calamity in tact and the same issue occurs, when I don't have Calamity installed no crashes occur when I load a pre existing character whether mods are removed or not. I even tried other expansion mods like Thorium and Spirit and this crash doesn't occur either when loading characters with mods removed or added. So Calamity is the only culprit I believe responsible, also this occurs whether I use 64bit tmodloader or 32bit. So I hope the author sees this and can remove this problem.

Also yes I'm at the latest .net framework and I verified Terraria's game files and everything was ok, uninstalled reinstalled and nothing changed with Calamity installed this problem occurs when loading a character with mods removed or added. So until this problem is fixed I'll have to refrain from using Calamity.

Another bug me and a friend ran into was that the moon lord does not work in multipayer. It spawns in but once you defeat it it just disappears without dropping any loot or registering as being dead, leading to the game not being able to be progressed past the moon lord. You can kill it in singleplayer however, meaning we found a way around it but it is still very annoying.

So me and my buddy have just gotten back to Terraria for the first time in a few months, had to go through and update everything and what not. Calamity, among other large mods, has been updated. But the Calamity Music mod hasn't(?). And somehow it is causing a severe server crashing glitch between me and my buddy. We even specifically tested it (delete, reinstall, etc) and confirmed it was the Calamity Music mod.

Whenever my buddy went to join my game (I would host a listen server, not a full dedicated one or anything) it would say it needs to update/install the Calamity Music mod. We both know it's installed in there, it works in single player (and even in my server before he attempts to join). But when it starts to install/update for him when he attempts to join me, it either A: perpetually loads/freezes the game, B: would give him some error message or flat out crash him to desktop, and C: when he would either crash out or manually stop the load it would suddenly say I was disconnected from my own server somehow. Once we deactivated Calamity Music mod, we could play perfectly fine with no issues.

So I am unsure as to what broke specifically, but could the Calamity Music mod get an update, please? I *really* like the music in this mod, and kinda miss having some music boxes set up.

P.S. after testing out and deleting/reinstalling things like Thorium and Calamity related things, suddenly the music mod works again. 100% unsure what was broken or how it got fixed, maybe it was just a mod load order issue on my end. Unsure. Thorium is still borked though, but that's not of any concern here :)

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been addressed or not but, with Calamity installed an error pops up whenever loading a character with mods added or removed.

View attachment 229554

I did some thorough testing from uninstalling various mods or reinstalling with Calamity in tact and the same issue occurs, when I don't have Calamity installed no crashes occur when I load a pre existing character whether mods are removed or not. I even tried other expansion mods like Thorium and Spirit and this crash doesn't occur either when loading characters with mods removed or added. So Calamity is the only culprit I believe responsible, also this occurs whether I use 64bit tmodloader or 32bit. So I hope the author sees this and can remove this problem.

Also yes I'm at the latest .net framework and I verified Terraria's game files and everything was ok, uninstalled reinstalled and nothing changed with Calamity installed this problem occurs when loading a character with mods removed or added. So until this problem is fixed I'll have to refrain from using Calamity.

I was originally going to question what could be happening, as it hadn't happened to me or my friend last night. But now that I have Thorium updated, I am getting this exact error. It worked 90% fine yesterday (the 10% is for the Calamity Music mod issue since it's just a music mod and doesn't really impact anything else). Have you found out if it's any combination of mods/data? Or is it also crashing when you have literally nothing else but Calamity installed (I ask for clarification, because I am unsure if that is what you meant in your post).
Hopefully these odd bugs get fixed quickly, Calamity is kinda huge and awesome ^^

P.S. after going through and undoing what few changes I did (I only re-enabled Calamity Music, LuiAFK, and Thorium after the update) I have no crash issues as long as Thorium isn't enabled. My world me and my friend were on loads up fine, I can make a new world with no issue, etc. So I am going to assume it's a crash relating to Thorium somehow with their update.

Last edited:
I was originally going to question what could be happening, as it hadn't happened to me or my friend last night. But now that I have Thorium updated, I am getting this exact error. It worked 90% fine yesterday (the 10% is for the Calamity Music mod issue since it's just a music mod and doesn't really impact anything else). Have you found out if it's any combination of mods/data? Or is it also crashing when you have literally nothing else but Calamity installed (I ask for clarification, because I am unsure if that is what you meant in your post).
Hopefully these odd bugs get fixed quickly, Calamity is kinda huge and awesome ^^

P.S. after going through and undoing what few changes I did (I only re-enabled Calamity Music, LuiAFK, and Thorium after the update) I have no crash issues as long as Thorium isn't enabled. My world me and my friend were on loads up fine, I can make a new world with no issue, etc. So I am going to assume it's a crash relating to Thorium somehow with their update.
Maybe it's the Tmodloader instead of Calamity or Thorium, because Thorium is working fine for me, but Calamity causes this error each time a character with mods removed or added gets loaded. We might have to go to the Tmodloader thread for this rather here and I can assure you it's Calamity, if I play Calamity alone it will work fine, as stated this error only occurs when a character with mods added or removed with Calamity active. This is really strange.

Hi all, quick question, my first time trying the Calamity Mod and I noticed that the world generation stops before the loading bar is finished filling up. It ends on generating planetoids and stops but the bar is only about 90% filled. Is this normal, didn't want to start a long play through only to find out it didn't generate something I needed. Thanks in advance and thanks for making my favorite game even better!!

I have Calamity, Shadows of Abaddon (SacredTools), and both Fargo's Soul and Mutant mods enabled. Those are the "major" mods I have going. That isn't including things like LuiAFK, Lan's various mods for some ease of life stuff, imkSushi, Joost, etc etc. I could post a whole mod list. And now 2 friends have the same mod list. Yet the game only ever crashes when Thorium is installed. So unless TModLoader needs an update (which it probably does), I will safely resume saying it is Thorium. Especially since it worked before they updated going on 2 days ago now. So far, the only odd issue from any of my mods has been from the Calamity Music mod (had another friend attempt to join and that single mod had to be taken of *again* for him to join).

I am not entirely sure, but chances are TModLoader needs some updates, quickly followed by all the mods.. But that's opens a whole can of other problems of the mods individually crashing and/or crashing with conflicts from other mods. I just hope this clears up soon, but until then I will enjoy Calamity and Shadows of Abaddon for now. Thorium is nice, especially after reading the patch notes from the recent update, but I can wait till things are stable.

Hello i got this kind of error just when the game try to load the final of the devourer of god (no crash), but the boss instantly dissapear

[20:49:39] [1/WARN] [tML]: Exception capturée silencieusement :
System.TypeLoadException: Impossible de charger le type 'CalamityMod.CalamityWorld' à partir de l'assembly 'CalamityMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
à ZLegendarys.ModGlobalNPC.NPCLoot(NPC npc)
à Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.NPCLoot(NPC npc)
à Terraria.NPC.NPCLoot()
à Terraria.NPC.checkDead()
à Terraria.NPC.StrikeNPC(Int32 Damage, Single knockBack, Int32 hitDirection, Boolean crit, Boolean noEffect, Boolean fromNet)
à Terraria.NPC.StrikeNPCNoInteraction(Int32 Damage, Single knockBack, Int32 hitDirection, Boolean crit, Boolean noEffect, Boolean fromNet)
à CheatSheet.Menus.NPCButchererHotbar.ButcherNPCs(Int32 butcherType, Boolean syncData, Int32 indexRange) dans CheatSheet\Menus\NPCButchererHotbar.cs:ligne 142
à CheatSheet.UI.UIView.HandleMouseInput() dans CheatSheet\UI\UIView.cs:ligne 359
à CheatSheet.UI.UIView.HandleMouseInput() dans CheatSheet\UI\UIView.cs:ligne 313
à CheatSheet.UI.UIView.HandleMouseInput() dans CheatSheet\UI\UIView.cs:ligne 313
à CheatSheet.UI.UIView.Update() dans CheatSheet\UI\UIView.cs:ligne 287
à CheatSheet.UI.UIWindow.Update() dans CheatSheet\UI\UIWindow.cs:ligne 82
à CheatSheet.AllItemsMenu.DrawUpdateAll(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) dans CheatSheet\AllItemsMenu.cs:ligne 65
à CheatSheet.CheatSheet.<ModifyInterfaceLayers>b__47_1() dans CheatSheet.cs:ligne 396
à Terraria.UI.LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.DrawSelf()
à Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
à Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)
à Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
à Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
à Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
à Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
à Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
à Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
à Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
à Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

Cheat Sheet updated and seems to be causing my friend issues, but I am having no current issues with the mod... So I hope I don't encounter any crashes like that... Have you attempted to delete and reinstall any of these mods? It seemed to fix whatever was having an issue when in reference to the Calamity Mod Music (assuming after we both deleted it a couple times and then it worked all of a sudden)

Back
Top Bottom