tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
No, the interface screw is NOT normal. I fought the Hive Mind on Windows 10, and that NEVER happens (I've fought it around 5 times already). I don't know how to fix it, just wanted to point out that you are having a genuine problem.
Is that so? Oh, yikes...
I almost wonder if it's just something with my laptop, seeing as I installed tModLoader on there for the first time to test the mod out, but maybe I shouldn't do that when I run into the occasional glitch where my character won't stop walking right for a period of time.
Thank you for the clarification, at least. I'm disappointed my first foray into this mod ended up being like this, but now I know for next time to be more careful.

Okay, so small update to my situation, I think I realize what the problem is now.
I have two copies of Terraria, one on my laptop (Windows 10) and one on my computer (Windows 7). I decided to test the Calamity mod on my main computer (which also has the Thorium mod installed), and in giving it a quick run, I think I figured out what it was that's making my laptop freak out long after I've uninstalled both Calamity and tModLoader. When I installed this mod on my laptop, I installed the music mod along with it. I didn't do that on my computer, and everything appears fine.
In short, I really hate to make this accusation, but... I feel like the developers of this mod should take a moment and look at the music mod to make sure it doesn't have any nasty hidden viruses.

Okay, so small update to my situation, I think I realize what the problem is now.
I have two copies of Terraria, one on my laptop (Windows 10) and one on my computer (Windows 7). I decided to test the Calamity mod on my main computer (which also has the Thorium mod installed), and in giving it a quick run, I think I figured out what it was that's making my laptop freak out long after I've uninstalled both Calamity and tModLoader. When I installed this mod on my laptop, I installed the music mod along with it. I didn't do that on my computer, and everything appears fine.
In short, I really hate to make this accusation, but... I feel like the developers of this mod should take a moment and look at the music mod to make sure it doesn't have any nasty hidden viruses.
Meh, I have the music, and I have no problems. That's kind of weird that you do. Maybe a weird installation issue?

Meh, I have the music, and I have no problems. That's kind of weird that you do. Maybe a weird installation issue?
Perhaps so? I find it just as likely that I installed either the base mod wrong or tModLoader wrong, or that I played the game at first wondering why nothing was different when I had just the music mod installed first. Regardless of the case, however, I'm sorry to say this whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

Care to elaborate a bit further? What kind of issues were you exactly experiencing?

Care to elaborate a bit further? What kind of issues were you exactly experiencing?
This feels like something I should've caught on video. Alas, I have no recording software on hand, so you'll have to take my word for it.
It started with the screen randomly jittering from left to right. I thought "oh, so the Hive Mind has an effect in its second phase at 50% health where it causes the screen to shake? Disorienting, but alright! I guess that makes sense."
Then it started messing with my keyboard, causing the hotbar to select things that I didn't want it to and randomly turning the Ctrl snap on and off. Again, I thought this was part of the boss fight, since this kicked in as its health got lower.
Then it started flat out tabbing out of the game and even screwing with the zoom on my browser window! Again, still chipping away at the stone here, so I didn't suspect a thing even with all of this happening at once. It was getting pretty annoying at this point, but I was determined to see this through in the hopes that beating the boss would make it stop...
...Then it made me select my character's Magic Mirror since it was still in the hotbar and I warped away without meaning to.
Again, this all felt completely normal until the screen started jittering on its own when the Hive Mind wasn't even alive--or worse, as I started up the game.

hello I have a Destroyer problem might be a conflict but I am on a expert mode, calamity revengeance mod, Fargo's soul mod masochist mode world after a certain phase, the destroyer bugs out horribly and I can hardly hit it and it glitches in and out of view. The mods I have are Thorium, Calamity, Fargo's soul mod, boss checklist, vein miner, boss cursor, magic storage mod, Alchemist NPC, weaponout lite, recipe browser.

hello I have a Destroyer problem might be a conflict but I am on a expert mode, calamity revengeance mod, Fargo's soul mod masochist mode world after a certain phase, the destroyer bugs out horribly and I can hardly hit it and it glitches in and out of view. The mods I have are Thorium, Calamity, Fargo's soul mod, boss checklist, vein miner, boss cursor, magic storage mod, Alchemist NPC, weaponout lite, recipe browser.
I guess the problem is that you're in both Revengeance and Masochist Mode, since they're both modes that change the boss' AI. If that's the case, I'd say you should defeat the boss in each mode individually.

Guys I have a problem (I think?) with calamity.

I'm only just in hardmode, and whenever I fight a boss, if we trade hits I end up with massive health regen. It's really overpowered and I wondered if it was an intentional feature. If I stand still I'd die as per normal, but constantly damaging the boss I will also recieve some health. I don't have any life regen accessories on me to my knowledge, so I'm guessing this is a bug of some sorts. In terms of other mods, I have the yoyo bag buffed mod, boss checklist, recipe browser, veinminer and health and mana drops from bosses. Any help?

Guys I have a problem (I think?) with calamity.

I'm only just in hardmode, and whenever I fight a boss, if we trade hits I end up with massive health regen. It's really overpowered and I wondered if it was an intentional feature. If I stand still I'd die as per normal, but constantly damaging the boss I will also recieve some health. I don't have any life regen accessories on me to my knowledge, so I'm guessing this is a bug of some sorts. In terms of other mods, I have the yoyo bag buffed mod, boss checklist, recipe browser, veinminer and health and mana drops from bosses. Any help?

Maybe it's the boss health and mana drops mod?

Back
Top Bottom