tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Can anyone help? I defeated the WoF a while ago and I had a skybridge of platforms all the way so I didn't get the astral biome to spawn. What can do to fix that? Is there a command to force spawn it somehow? Or an item (even cheaty)? Anything?

Hi folks! I'm trying to make the heart of the elements, and and am missing three pieces - Rose Stone, Bloom Stone, and Rare Elemental in a Bottle. The drop rates for Rose and Bloom stones are listed as 10% in the wiki, but that doesn't seem to be the case; I've killed each boss (Brimstone Elemental and Plaguebringer Goliath) well over 50 times each. If the probability is a straight 10% drop, the likelihood of not getting either in over 100 attempts is less than 0.003%.

Does anyone know if the drop rate is actually 10% in the current version (1.4.4.3)? Or if there is a bug that's preventing these from dropping in certain conditions? Or if there's some other mechanic/trigger I'm missing?

I tried checking the source, but it looks like that's been hidden in tModLoader. I'm happy to try and track this down myself, but am not sure how to do so. Is looking at the source permitted in another way? At this point, I'm almost more interested in solving the probabilty/mechanics mystery than I am in actually getting the item 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Hi folks! I'm trying to make the heart of the elements, and and am missing three pieces - Rose Stone, Bloom Stone, and Rare Elemental in a Bottle. The drop rates for Rose and Bloom stones are listed as 10% in the wiki, but that doesn't seem to be the case; I've killed each boss (Brimstone Elemental and Plaguebringer Goliath) well over 50 times each. If the probability is a straight 10% drop, the likelihood of not getting either in over 100 attempts is less than 0.003%.

Does anyone know if the drop rate is actually 10% in the current version (1.4.4.3)? Or if there is a bug that's preventing these from dropping in certain conditions? Or if there's some other mechanic/trigger I'm missing?

I tried checking the source, but it looks like that's been hidden in tModLoader. I'm happy to try and track this down myself, but am not sure how to do so. Is looking at the source permitted in another way? At this point, I'm almost more interested in solving the probabilty/mechanics mystery than I am in actually getting the item 🤷‍♂️
I tested this in-game and got both a Bloom Stone and Rose Stone very quickly. They're indeed a 10% chance according to the source code.
Either you're seriously unlucky or then there's something wrong with your game.

Thanks for the feedback, Minecat! With your information in mind, I looked over the list of my installed mods for one that might affect drop rate. The obvious candidate was "Reduced Grinding" which aims to increase drop rate for hard-to-find items. I disabled that mod, and was able to get a total of 4 stones within 15 of each boss. Given I'd gotten 0 from >100 before, I'm prepared to chalk this up to an interaction with the "Reduced Grinding" mod. Why it only affected those two items and not any of the others, I have no idea. Thanks again :)

edit: or maybe it is affecting other things too, and I just have only noticed the Rose and Bloom stones so far?

Hello! I downloaded the mod from the MEGA site about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and my mod appears to be in a previous version, when Cyogen drops souls of might, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have Old Duke also. I have the option to update it on the Mod Browser but when I do it, the progress bar goes to the end but nothing happens. When I press cancel, I still have the option to update it and it Hasn't updated.

Also, I want the full experience of the mod but the Calamity mod music won't load when the actual mod is also loaded. The music works if the calamity mod isn't working. I think this has something to do with Calamity not updating, but I'm just not sure. Please help

您好,我是新手,我之前从未玩过mod,我想了解有关如何下载的详细步骤,希望获得帮助

Hello! I downloaded the mod from the MEGA site about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and my mod appears to be in a previous version, when Cyogen drops souls of might, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have Old Duke also. I have the option to update it on the Mod Browser but when I do it, the progress bar goes to the end but nothing happens. When I press cancel, I still have the option to update it and it Hasn't updated.

Also, I want the full experience of the mod but the Calamity mod music won't load when the actual mod is also loaded. The music works if the calamity mod isn't working. I think this has something to do with Calamity not updating, but I'm just not sure. Please help
Hello! I managed to fix both of my previous problems. For anyone who wants to know what I did, I went into my mods file folder and deleted Calamitymod and Calamitymodmusic. I then went to download the mods from the mod browser.

Please fix the lagging acid rain when multiplayer
It is so laggy when 2-4 player stand in sulpheric sea while acid rain is happening please😢

Hi, i recently updated the mod and started a new world trying another class and when i tried to do de acid rain event, there's no enemies. I don't know what causes it, i even tried to make a plataform with the sand found there, but no one is showing up and now my world is in a constant rain. Does anyone know how to fix this? or do i have to create another world to fix the terrain generation?
Captura de pantalla (69).png

Does anyone else have an issue where using Vehemence will sometimes do either little to no damage or literally no damage? I'm not using it on DoG or Yharon. The issue primarily occurs on pretty much any boss in the Boss Rush. For example, sometimes I'll use on the Queen Bee and it and it'll take about half hp. Then I'll hit her again and it will do absolutely nothing. Seems to work fine on any normal bosses outside of boss rush, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom