tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
My Sulfur Sea is still glitched out to heck in the newest version. Sometimes there is no entrance down and other times islands generate on top of land, creating weird landforms.
This really badly need to be fixed, please.

When I first managed to play calamity mod, my laptop decided to wait until the last moment to break because it wasn't meant to run calamity. It's a great mod, 10/10. Bad laptop 2/10.

Hey, so I have a suggestion.
Make Polterghast less overpowered!
I've seen a lot of people in the community complaining about how it's nearly impossible to beat at the point when most people like to fight it. It's frustrating to the point that it's not actually fun anymore.
I think it would be nice to nerf it a bit in the next update.

I've seen a lot of people in the community complaining about how it's nearly impossible to beat at the point when most people like to fight it. It's frustrating to the point that it's not actually fun anymore.
yes please

This, so much this.
The current version of the fight is just so unfun and so annoying that it really sucks the fun out. It's just too much for most players and seriously needs to be nerfed or changed in some way.

I am not too good at boss fighting but I just made a massive arena(7-10k square blocks) and IDK if he enraged, but if you just buff up its easy(I was on expert I don't know about rev or death).

So, getting back after like... A Year? Still waiting for TMod to update to 1.4 (and now 1.4.1), but hey. Calamity updated! And some other mods too, but yay big new stuff in Calamity! Fancy new chargeable weapons! ... Now if only they worked properly >_>

I will start off by asking if the new stuff was properly tested, and follow up with a "short" list on the stuff that me and a friend have tested and just... Either we can't figure out how to use them right, or they just don't work right? One of the first ones being the Star Swallower Containment Unit. After checking the wiki, and finding some of the various labs across the world, we finally got enough materials to make and use some of the early game stuff. Since I typically enjoy running Summoner, I went with the Star Swallower because it looked pretty strong for early game and would carry me at least a couple bosses in. When I finally used it... The frogs are just so slow. Even without boots, I outrun them. And a weird issue when you are to far with them will make them just despawn 80% of the time. They seem to just have difficulty teleporting to the summoner I guess? Then there's the issue with their attacks. It's neat they have a mortar style lob for their like acid spit, but it has the issue of hitting ceilings or just missing 95% of the time because of how the projectile works. Because they target where something is, and by the time that projectile gets there, the target is well out of the way. Honestly, I had to go back to using the Seabound Staff until I could make the Imp Staff just because the minions are actually useful.

The next one that we finally got around to testing out was the Pulse Pistol, which seemed to work pretty well. It just fell off pretty soon after my buddy started using it, because there were just all around better options. Considering you need to get the materials and when you are able to make it, it was a bit disappointing how fast it got swapped out. And with how long you have to wait till the next chargeable weapon, it just seemed strange. After giving those a try, we also tried the other weapons for that general tier. The Taser technically can be strong, but with how slow the projectile fires, and how it's even slower to return to the gun? It doesn't even stick into a target it passes through on the way back, so it leaves you waiting a while to actually try again. Then there's the Gauss Dagger. That one is actually pretty good, but also falls off pretty soon after you are able to get it. It also suffers from being melee, but that's its own issue just because of how melee is. It could be strong with a good tanky melee build, with how the extra effect can do some good damage. But it seems to run out of charge pretty fast (tests based on things like Eye and King Slime, early game bosses). And last being the Tracking Disk. It can be strong-ish in crowds, but the actual damage is just super low. My buddy even had a full rogue setup at the time, and it did around half the damage of any other option we had at the time. It's kinda neat how the lasers can hit multiple targets, but in things like boss fights? It'd take an hour to kill Eye with our current hard difficulty setup (Revengeance, Death Mode, and Fargo's Eternity bs).

Alright, fine, those are all early game things. :red: it, they will get changed out anyway as we progress. To bad they didn't even last half way till Hard Mode n Wall of Flesh... So let's try the next tier, they should be pretty strong compared to the last tier! ... Why is the Gauss Pistol not doing damage...? Wait, why are the projectiles coming out like 2 full seconds after you fire? What part of that entire attack sequence is the part that does damage, I can't tell? Can't figure out how to properly use it, and even when using it on a stationary training dummy it does REALLY low damage for where we are now. Let's try the Matter Manipulator, it shows a high damage value and says it does more... by doing something like ricocheting it off walls? How's that work? Tunnel and hallway OP maybe? Well, let's test it on these normal zombies. Well, it's definitely HITTING them, but it's doing literally 0 damage to basic mobs... Let's try to ricochet it off the ground first? Still nothing... Dunno what we are doing wrong with this one. WELL heck. I know I wanna at least utilize the summon. It seems like it would be pretty good! And it technically can be... if it actually attacks. I understand it's meant to be like a shoulder mounted laser turret, but I RARELY see it attack. And when I do, it always surprises me. Any time I see the red laser it uses, I always ask "what's causing that laser? OH RIGHT, the mounted turret!" Because of how rarely it attacks, and with how I have so many other minions, I think it's technically just a waste of a minion slot. It even has the down side of less damage vs high defense enemies? Jeez... We only lightly tested out the rest, the Frequency Manipulator was just as bad as the Tracking Disk (obviously a bit better for damage but not good for where you can get it), and the Volt Crusher is only ever used because it's a good hammer... Doesn't even need to be charged to tear down walls. Otherwise, haven't bothered to even give it a test run on mobs because I am already seeing that these chargeable weapons are a bit lacking...

I'm sorry for the wall of text, but a lot of these new things seem really awesome, and have great potential. They just don't feel like they were tested much if at all. It's like the Kelvin Catalyst all over again (which is still stupidly weak considering what goes into making it). I do have questions on some of the other new content, like what's up with the Dormant Brimseeker or the Rusty Beacon Prototype? The Rusty Beacon Prototype makes no sense to me in how it can possibly be used for anything, might just be me though. The Brimseeker seems pretty interesting, the minions are pretty good, and it has an alternate option when you are maxed on summons. The thing is, the projectile that gets launched deletes itself when it hits terrain, and the Brimstone Aura is centered around that which makes it a little hard to properly place it. It's also kinda sad the Brimstone Aura only affects the Brimseekers, making it a bit pointless if you already have a better option (i.e. Entropy's Vigil because Fargo's hard difficulty random spawned Calamitas before you even did mech bosses... oops). It'd be nice if it would at least increase the damage of the summons while I use it for the Brimstone Aura fireballs, but (in DPS tests with the training dummy) it doesn't actually increase the summon damage. So I tend to keep Entropy's Vigil out because it literally adds thousands to the DPS.

Again, apologies for the wall of text. It's just a bit sad when something seems so awesome but falls way short because of various reasons. I hope this gets looked at and possibly some tweaks come of it. And if what I typed has already been brought up and addressed, I apologize. It'd be a bit hard to sift through 20+ pages of comments for a big amazing mod like this ^^;

I'm playing summoner and just got the belladonna spirit staff. I've seen people having multiple of them but I can't spawn more than one even though I have a spot open. Is there a workaround somewhere on Tmodloader or something in Calamity?

Just a humble request, Fabsol, but can you rename the "Calamitamini" from the "Entropy's Vigil" summon weapon to the "Calamini" ? It's ok if you don't make it, but I think the community will love it ! Also, can you please bring back the custom boss music ? DM Dokuro's music is awesome, and I think his music deserves to be put back in the mod ! Please and thanks !<3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom