tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I'm trying to craft the Auric tesla body armor. I have all the pieces I need. the 4 body armors, 10 auric bars, and the frost barrier accessory. But when I'm at draedens forge, I am unable to select the armor, it doesn't appear on the crafting menu. I was able to make the helm and leggings just fine.

I have a problem when approaching two structures, the main planetoid and a structure in the jungle, is there any way to solve this or does it have to do with my pc?
(That's just the main planet's problem)

[12:59:17] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash
System.NotSupportedException: XNA Framework Reach profile requires TextureAddressMode to be Clamp when using texture sizes that are not powers of two.
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.ProfileCapabilities.ThrowNotSupportedException(String message)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.VerifyCanDraw(Boolean bUserPrimitives, Boolean bIndexedPrimitives)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType primitiveType, Int32 baseVertex, Int32 minVertexIndex, Int32 numVertices, Int32 startIndex, Int32 primitiveCount)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.PlatformRenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
en Terraria.Main.RenderTiles2()
en Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
en Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
en Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

Attachments

• client.log
    63.2 KB · Views: 94
Yesterday my friend played Calamity after a few months, and he told me that the SCal fight has been changed, because at the final phase something like a portal appeared and every boss from the endgame attacked him at once. Has the mod been updated recently or what? I can't find any info. on this.

Yesterday my friend played Calamity after a few months, and he told me that the SCal fight has been changed, because at the final phase something like a portal appeared and every boss from the endgame attacked him at once. Has the mod been updated recently or what? I can't find any info. on this.
He's lying to you. This has never been the case. And it's extremely unfair to have all bosses attack you at once. Also, this makes no sense lore-wise, sure, Calamitas is powerful, but I doubt she's powerful enough to summon a ton of bosses like that.

He's lying to you. This has never been the case. And it's extremely unfair to have all bosses attack you at once. Also, this makes no sense lore-wise, sure, Calamitas is powerful, but I doubt she's powerful enough to summon a ton of bosses like that.

I've seen it. If you play SCal, now its final phase will summon a portal and every endgame boss will attack you. This attack didn't exist earlier.

@Doodles @Peanut sus

I entered my game just now for the sole purpose of recording it, and it didn't happen. I'm even more confused right now. I'll show you a video tomorrow because I need my friend to do so. He fought SCal and in the last phase, the one when she does the blood moons thing, a portal appeared and a toon of bosses where sumoned, like Polterghast, the Devourer of Gods and Yharon. He didn't tell me, I SAW it. He told me he didn't know what was happening and streamed it for me through Discord, and that's the reason why I came here asking you.

I'll tell him tomorrow but the development team should know something about this, because it can't be random. In fact, new orange text lines appeared for him, something about the apocalypse, before she did the boss summoning portal.

The reason it didn't happen, is because this thing you're talking about doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Why would I be lying. Hear me, I don't have the time to argue with a random guy. I saw it and it definitely happened. I came here just because I thought you'd know something about it. What tf do I gain by making this out of nowhere if I don't even post here, i've like 10 msgs lol.

Wait for tomorrow, then I'll do as I said. Depending on how you behave from now on, you may have to apologize or not.

Why would I be lying. Hear me, I don't have the time to argue with a random guy. I saw it and it definitely happened. I came here just because I thought you'd know something about it. What tf do I gain by making this out of nowhere if I don't even post here, i've like 10 msgs lol.

Wait for tomorrow, then I'll do as I said. Depending on how you behave from now on, you may have to apologize or not.
If this were a thing, there's no way you're the first ever person to document it. And yeah, I don't know what you'd gain out of lying about this, you should probably ask yourself that.

I'll give you another chance. By all means, show me video proof. If you can't, I have no reason to believe anything you say regarding this.

If this were a thing, there's no way you're the first ever person to document it. And yeah, I don't know what you'd gain out of lying about this, you should probably ask yourself that.

I'll give you another chance. By all means, show me video proof. If you can't, I have no reason to believe anything you say regarding this.

As I told you, I had to ask my friend to record it for me. I don't know the reasons, and as I see, you don't know either. If you knew, you'd have told me in the first place just by my description of the situation. Now, I'm just showing exactly what I told you I saw. The reasons is what I want to know, and the sole reason I came here. But for that, I need people with knowledge of the game that can give me an answer, not someone spamming "you didn't saw it, you are lying, ask yourself why you are claiming you saw something you did not ahahahahaskfj". Well, there you have it.

Forget about the chances, also forget about your ego. Now I want to hear you out.

Last edited:
As I told you, I had to ask my friend to record it for me. I don't know the reasons, and as I see, you don't know either. If you knew, you'd have told me in the first place just by my description of the situation. Now, I'm just showing exactly what I told you I saw. The reasons is what I want to know, and the sole reason I came here. But for that, I need people with knowledge of the game that can give me an answer, not someone spamming "you didn't saw it, you are lying, ask yourself why you are claiming you saw something you did not ahahahahaskfj". Well, there you have it.

Forget about the chances, also forget about your ego. Now I want to hear you out.

Alright. Maybe I was a bit condescending on how I handled this. Some of the stuff I said might've come off as a little aggressive.
The reason it didn't happen, is because this thing you're talking about doesn't exist. :rolleyes:
. And yeah, I don't know what you'd gain out of lying about this, you should probably ask yourself that.
But still, just because you've shown me video proof (don't get me wrong, I believe you much more than I did before), there's still no telling whether or not this is part of the mod itself. Also, I wanted to tell you why I thought you were lying:

1. Calamity's bosses are constantly no-hit tested to see how fair they are, 5 post ML bosses attacking you at once? Impossible to nohit.
2. It makes no sense lore-wise.
3. Just the entire situation sounds very "fakey", like something that one friend would tell you on the playground during elementary school.

Now to analyze the video itself. The thing that spawns the bosses in has a couple quotes, these are the ones I could see.

"If only you summoned Astrageldon, maybe I could spare you."
"GL surviving my power."
"Next time call my friend if you don't want me to be your pet, or don't get hit."
(This is where the bosses spawn)

Judging by the informal nature of the abbreviated "Good luck" (GL), there are two things I could think of that this could possibly be:

1. An anti-cheat feature (This is unlikely because your friend in the video didn't seem to be doing anything wrong)
2. Or a troll of some kind. Possibly an April Fools joke?

Anyway, now that you've proved that this actually exists, I guess that we can only speculate from here. :indifferent:

After some time co-searching it with my friend, we've finally arrived at the conclusion of what actually happened.

There's an extremely rare pet, this one, called AstraEGGdon (it's also missnamed, in the actual game, its name appears as "AstraEGGEldon"), that drops from SCal exclusively on Death Mode with a 0.1% chance. You can also get it 100% of the time if you do a non-hit SCal fight. Since we didn't knew about this pet related mechanic, of course my friend haven't payed attention to the moment it was dropped. It was at some random moment yesterday, while he was doing SCals. Maybe he did a non-hit SCal randomly, or maybe he got the 0.1 Drop (we always play in Death Mode).

The thing is, at some moment he decided to equip the new pet, and that's when it all began. When you got hit while using that pet, a special event will proc and all of the endgame bosses will be summoned at once. It can happen anywhere in the map, not just against SCal, but since it happened while playing SCal, that's why we thought it was exclusively related to it. Keep in mind, the mechanic in itself is very niche, and we only discovered it because after intensive testing my friend noticed that his pet was in the middle in the portal, hence why we started searching for information concerning the pet.

I should add that it doesn't happen 100% of the time. Sometimes you get hit and nothing happens. So this statement of the wiki: "Getting hit while the pet is active and not having the Abandoned Slime Staff's minion active or exactly one Land Mine in your inventory will result in a cutscene playing where the pet will deem you as unworthy and summon most of the bosses that compose the pet's amalgamated design" is only partialy true.

After some time co-searching it with my friend, we've finally arrived at the conclusion of what actually happened.

There's an extremely rare pet, this one, called AstraEGGdon (it's also missnamed, in the actual game, its name appears as "AstraEGGEldon"), that drops from SCal exclusively on Death Mode with a 0.1% chance. You can also get it 100% of the time if you do a non-hit SCal fight. Since we didn't knew about this pet related mechanic, of course my friend haven't payed attention to the moment it was dropped. It was at some random moment yesterday, while he was doing SCals. Maybe he did a non-hit SCal randomly, or maybe he got the 0.1 Drop (we always play in Death Mode).

The thing is, at some moment he decided to equip the new pet, and that's when it all began. When you got hit while using that pet, a special event will proc and all of the endgame bosses will be summoned at once. It can happen anywhere in the map, not just against SCal, but since it happened while playing SCal, that's why we thought it was exclusively related to it. Keep in mind, the mechanic in itself is very niche, and we only discovered it because after intensive testing my friend noticed that his pet was in the middle in the portal, hence why we started searching for information concerning the pet.

I should add that it doesn't happen 100% of the time. Sometimes you get hit and nothing happens. So this statement of the wiki: "Getting hit while the pet is active and not having the Abandoned Slime Staff's minion active or exactly one Land Mine in your inventory will result in a cutscene playing where the pet will deem you as unworthy and summon most of the bosses that compose the pet's amalgamated design" is only partialy true.
I checked the wiki, and there is no such pet recorded on there, this is a mod(Calamitys addons?) or just some fake screenshot.

So this statement of the wiki: "Getting hit while the pet is active and not having the Abandoned Slime Staff's minion active or exactly one Land Mine in your inventory will result in a cutscene playing where the pet will deem you as unworthy and summon most of the bosses that compose the pet's amalgamated design"
Huh, interesting. o_O Could you please link the page where it says this so I can look into it further?

I checked the wiki, and there is no such pet recorded on there, this is a mod(Calamitys addons?) or just some fake screenshot.

I've made the mod, created the screenshot and also created the wiki page. Oh, I've also modified the code in all of your games for it to appear. x'D

I've made the mod, created the screenshot and also created the wiki page. Oh, I've also modified the code in all of your games for it to appear. x'D
Calamitys vanitys, knew it.

Back
Top Bottom