tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Yes, the Mantis Shrimp literally does exist, both in real life and in the Calamity Mod.

I referred to it as a boss, but jokingly, because it can easily kill a player in a very short period of time. No, it's not a boss, but I called it a boss—as a joke, again because it hits so hard.

That's about the best explanation anyone could hope for, and that is all.

Well, at least I think so… -_o
Yes, the Mantis Shrimp literally does exist, both in real life and in the Calamity Mod.

I referred to it as a boss, but jokingly, because it can easily kill a player in a very short period of time. No, it's not a boss, but I called it a boss—as a joke, again because it hits so hard.

I knew it existed, but I didn’t know it was an actual enemy. Thanks for teaching me something, lol.

That's just a regular enemy though, not a boss

O H M Y G O D .

The joke is that it’s a glass cannon. It’s easy to kill but does tons of damage, it does more damage than most bosses around it’s time. Of course it’s not a boss lol.

Do you get it now?..
You literally have no say in if it was a joke or not because you werent even the one who made the original post. They also straight up said it was a boss with no hint of sarcasm or joking nature whatsoever

You literally have no say in if it was a joke or not because you werent even the one who made the original post. They also straight up said it was a boss with no hint of sarcasm or joking nature whatsoever
How can you tell if someone is being sarcastic or not when they’re TYPING

My guy, you say that like People are going to just say :annoyed: or something after everything they say. Im not going to argue with you because that would make this thread go off topic, :annoyed: and a waste of time. :annoyed:

I hope that you can figure out people use sarcasm to create humor. :informative:

You mean right here

that’s where he was explaining his joke

My game crashes without an error message after defeating Desert Scourge in a Boss Rush event. I don't remember when it started.
UPD: Problem solved! I recently bought a game, cleaned the Documents folder from the pirated version, installed the game, re-installed tModLoader and the problem was solved

Last edited:
I bought and placed unsafe dungeon bricks from the Clothier but they don't count as actual Dungeon? I get generic underground music when I stand in my expanded area.

The dungeon made a loop, I just filled in the 'hole' so I know I'm deep enough and in the right area of the map, but it still doesn't count as dungeon. No dungeon enemies spawn in this area.

I didn't realize how old this mod truly was.
Will you (or your team) be making this mod available in the Steam workshop? I would love to see this working in 1.14 if it isn't already.
Oh and sorry for commenting on such an old thread, I just felt that I had to ask.

I didn't realize how old this mod truly was.
Will you (or your team) be making this mod available in the Steam workshop? I would love to see this working in 1.14 if it isn't already.
Oh and sorry for commenting on such an old thread, I just felt that I had to ask.
That won't ever happen directly.

Calamity Mod is dependent on tModLoader, and tModLoader will (still) be a long time updating to Terraria's latest version, 1.4.2.3, which made a lot of all-encompassing technical and mechanical changes to the game. Once that happens, Calamity will probably be updated to work with that latest version of tModLoader—which will take even more time, because there are new mechanics and items that will have to be incorporated into Calamity properly.

I say "probably" because it's possible that, by the time tModLoader updates to Journey's End, Calamity's developers won't want to put in the effort to mesh everything together. They might either prefer to continue working on their own next update, or may be done spending their free time on the mod.

I'd encourage you to download tModLoader from Steam and play Calamity that way. There are mods offered by tModLoader's own mod browser that add some of the QoL features from Journey's End (auto doors, a bestiary, etc.), and much more besides. Personally I find that tModLoader mods such as Calamity, Thorium, and Fargo's add far more and better content to Terraria than Journey's End has. You'll be getting much more than you stand to lose.

Hey @Fabsol i know u guys are super busy with upcoming release, is there any chance we can get a auto platform builder? I dont remember which mod i use to play (one of the great ones for sure) and there were this item that u could created that would build a platform or track line all the way from side to side map.

If its super hard to implement than guys forget about the question, i just dont like wasting my time on building those super long platforms and such item would be a god sent....

Hey there.
It seems that something is broken with the Music mod, as it refuses to download and causes tModLoader to throw out this nasty looking error:
Code:
[17:20:33] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/CalamityModMusic.tmod&tls12=y
[17:20:33] [11/ERROR] [tML]: There was a problem downloading the mod Calamity Mod Music
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__1(Task`1 t)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__1(Task`1 t)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---
<---
Looks like whatever server the file(s) are hosted on is unreachable or something, but other mods download fine so, might be a issue with the Music mod itself?
In any case, hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Hey there.
It seems that something is broken with the Music mod, as it refuses to download and causes tModLoader to throw out this nasty looking error:
Code:
[17:20:33] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/CalamityModMusic.tmod&tls12=y
[17:20:33] [11/ERROR] [tML]: There was a problem downloading the mod Calamity Mod Music
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---
<---
Looks like whatever server the file(s) are hosted on is unreachable or something, but other mods download fine so, might be a issue with the Music mod itself?
In any case, hopefully it gets fixed soon!
You can try downloading it manually from page 1

Back
Top Bottom