tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So what bosses you are planning to do? Not exactly the next one but just the possible future ones. Your mod is fu:red:ing incredible, I am just interested what can make me suffer next time

So what bosses you are planning to do? Not exactly the next one but just the possible future ones. Your mod is fu:red:ing incredible, I am just interested what can make me suffer next time

I believe the next several updates will be expanding the various biomes of the mod starting with the Brimstone Crags after all of them have been updated it'll be time to face the Tyrant himself. (Those plans could change later on of course but for now that's what they're going with)

Does anyone have a problem with loading the calamity game? i've been trying to find the solution but to no avail, can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, it says:
An error occurred while loading CalamityMod
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "tmod:CalamityMod/Effects/CircularAoETelegraph". This file was compiled for the HiDef profile, and cannot be loaded into a Reach GraphicsDevice.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsContentHelper.GraphicsDeviceFromContentReader(ContentReader contentReader)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.EffectReader.Read(ContentReader input, Effect existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Engine.TMLContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResource(String path, Int32 length, Func`1 getStream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResources()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__38_0(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

After that report, this also pops up
One or more errors occured while unloading and tModLoader must be restarted to prevent further issues.
CalamityMod was unable to unload properly. Modders must use defensive programming to ensure unloading completes regardless of any errors during loading.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CalamityMod.Items.CalamityGlobalItem.UnloadTweaks() in CalamityMod\Items\CalamityGlobalItemTweaks.cs:line 517
at CalamityMod.CalamityMod.Unload() in CalamityMod.cs:line 390
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.UnloadContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.UnloadModContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Unload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Unload()

Good afternoon, after the last update, my friend and I had gaps in multiplayer, when you hover over your old biome sword, my friend and I immediately crash the game. When killing a god eater, at one moment the worm itself bugs, a friend turns off, and a crash log pops up in the background, despite the fact that the game remains active. When you try to kill him in a single player game, he also acts very buggy and does not go into the second phase, but just disappears, there is no hp bar, but the adrenaline continues to sap. Here is the aim crash on my old biome sword:
---------------------------
Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.8.8)
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)

в Terraria.Main.DrawToMap_Section(Int32 secX, Int32 secY)

в Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

в Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

в System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

в Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

Tip: This is likely a mod's fault. Disable mods one by one and check if the issue persists

A client.log file containing error information has been generated in
C:\Users\Pavel.DESKTOP-D1ILSMV\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs
(You will need to share this file if asking for help)
ОК

This new update has quite some issues in multiplayer, and there are two major ones I would like to report:

- The widely-reported memory issue (I mostly saw it happen when fighting the exo-mechs), it seems to be a memory leak on the server's side.
- The new death animations do not play, resulting in the treasure bags (or loot in general) not dropping.

I hope you can figure it out sometime soon, since... Well, me and my friend are unable to progress any further because of it.

Yeah, I also have some multiplayer issues. It automatically disables a ton of my mods on tmodloader server, and it worked just fine a month ago.

Somethin' about token=null and LoaderExceptions.. A lotta this
1648254851928.png

(I don't know how to mark as spoiler I'm kinda new to using the forums)

Hi. I play Calamity Mod since 5 months, it's a great Mod.
Now I try to defeat DoG. But during the fight, after phase 1, Sentinels (phase 2) don't spawn, idem for the final phase. The fight is done and DoG isn't defeat. No rewards. (Run with v1.5.1.1 update).
Relaunch with the v1.5.0.4 : OK .
It may be able to defeat him 🙂

If you can see ...
Thank you
(Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:
Hi. I play Calamity Mod since 5 months, it's a great Mod.
Now I try to defeat DoG. But during the fight, after phase 1, Sentinels (phase 2) don't spawn, idem for the final phase. The fight is done and DoG isn't defeat. No rewards. (Run with v1.5.1.1 update).
Relaunch with the v1.5.0.4 : OK .
It may be able to defeat him 🙂

If you can see ...
Thank you
(Sorry for my bad english)
I'm experiencing this bug too. I've just updated my TMod64 to the latest version to check out new mods, and I started the Boss Rush to try out different weapons.

I've noticed that when the DoG spawns in the final part of the Boss Rush, he doesn't spawn the Cosmic Guardians at all. (Attempting to spawn them in with HERO's Mod spawns a Guardian but suddenly insta-kills them.)

Furthermore, once he reaches 1.4 million hitpoints (Out of 2.4 mil) he explodes and dies, then respawns with full HP, creating an infinite loop. At first I thought it was the damage reflection of the Demonshade Armour triggering his Anti-Butcher mechanic, since touching DoG's head is meant to kill you with such high damage, and the amount of damage reflected is x100 according to the wiki.

Enabled Mod List at time of writing is as follows:
Block Swap v1.0.9
BloonsTD v0.0.5
Calamity Mod (No Music) v1.5.1.4
Cheat Sheet v0.6.6.4
Craftable Paintings v1.3
Fast Extractinator v1.1.1
Faster Building v1.0.7
HERO's Mod v0.3.8
Recipe Browser v0.8.9.1
Shadows of Abaddon v1.1.1.4
Shorter Respawn Time v1.0
Upgraded Accessories V5.0
Ctrl to Quicktrash v1.1
Which Mod Is This From? v2.6.2
Wing Slot v1.8.4

I'm experiencing this bug too. I've just updated my TMod64 to the latest version to check out new mods, and I started the Boss Rush to try out different weapons.

I've noticed that when the DoG spawns in the final part of the Boss Rush, he doesn't spawn the Cosmic Guardians at all. (Attempting to spawn them in with HERO's Mod spawns a Guardian but suddenly insta-kills them.)

Furthermore, once he reaches 1.4 million hitpoints (Out of 2.4 mil) he explodes and dies, then respawns with full HP, creating an infinite loop. At first I thought it was the damage reflection of the Demonshade Armour triggering his Anti-Butcher mechanic, since touching DoG's head is meant to kill you with such high damage, and the amount of damage reflected is x100 according to the wiki.

Enabled Mod List at time of writing is as follows:
Block Swap v1.0.9
BloonsTD v0.0.5
Calamity Mod (No Music) v1.5.1.4
Cheat Sheet v0.6.6.4
Craftable Paintings v1.3
Fast Extractinator v1.1.1
Faster Building v1.0.7
HERO's Mod v0.3.8
Recipe Browser v0.8.9.1
Shadows of Abaddon v1.1.1.4
Shorter Respawn Time v1.0
Upgraded Accessories V5.0
Ctrl to Quicktrash v1.1
Which Mod Is This From? v2.6.2
Wing Slot v1.8.4
Hi

It is specified in the Wiki that sentinels no longer appear if they have been defeated once in a previous fight. From the first phase of the fight against DoG, we go directly to the final phase.
With v1.5.1.4, as soon as the first phase is over, the fight stops directly. The final phase does not appear.
I relaunched calamity v1.5.0.4, it works well. Phase 1 and directly final phase since the sentinels have already beaten.
I haven't beaten the DoG yet but I think I'll get there soon.

Tmodloader v0.11.8.8

Enable Mod List :
Calamity Mod (No music) v1.5.0.4
Botanist NPC v1.2.1
Waky NPCs v0.3
Boss Checklist v1.1.6.1
Magic Storage v0.4.3.6
Calamity Mod Music v1.5.0.3
Cheat Sheet v0.6.6.4
Capture d’écran (200).png

Last edited:
It is specified in the Wiki that sentinels no longer appear if they have been defeated once in a previous fight. From the first phase of the fight against DoG, we go directly to the final phase.
With v1.5.1.4, as soon as the first phase is over, the fight stops directly. The final phase does not appear.
I'm not talking about the Sentinels of the Devourer, I'm referring to the mini DoGs that spawn during his boss fight, called Cosmic Guardians. They do not spawn at all when his health hits the required percentages, although the text saying *Cosmic Guardian has Awoken* still appears, and spawning them in manually with HERO's only spawns one that automatically dies.

I was in a newly-generated test world, and activated Boss Rush in Deathmode without having fought any bosses prior, if that helps figure out the issue. I never bothered further testing at the time as it was late at night, but I'll try a new world, and fight the Sentinels and DoG normally first to see if it affects DoG in the boss rush.

Also, I can't find the update notes for v1.5.1.4 on the wiki. The most recent available patchnotes come from v1.5.1.2.

EDIT: I've started a new world (keeping the original mod list), and fought every boss in sequence to ensure they have been properly defeated. I used the cosmic worm to spawn the DoG and as expected, he automatically died at 55% hp without dropping any loot. However, some of his minion worms DID spawn, I think. I saw their gibs flying around while I was attacking. I'm turning off Fargo's Mods to see if that does anything.

EDIT 2: It seems that this bug persists even when Calamity is the only mod active. I don't know what to do from here.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the Sentinels of the Devourer, I'm referring to the mini DoGs that spawn during his boss fight, called Cosmic Guardians. They do not spawn at all when his health hits the required percentages, although the text saying *Cosmic Guardian has Awoken* still appears, and spawning them in manually with HERO's only spawns one that automatically dies.

I was in a newly-generated test world, and activated Boss Rush in Deathmode without having fought any bosses prior, if that helps figure out the issue. I never bothered further testing at the time as it was late at night, but I'll try a new world, and fight the Sentinels and DoG normally first to see if it affects DoG in the boss rush.

Also, I can't find the update notes for v1.5.1.4 on the wiki. The most recent available patchnotes come from v1.5.1.2.

EDIT: I've started a new world (keeping the original mod list), and fought every boss in sequence to ensure they have been properly defeated. I used the cosmic worm to spawn the DoG and as expected, he automatically died at 55% hp without dropping any loot. However, some of his minion worms DID spawn, I think. I saw their gibs flying around while I was attacking. I'm turning off Fargo's Mods to see if that does anything.

EDIT 2: It seems that this bug persists even when Calamity is the only mod active. I don't know what to do from here.

So we are talking about the same thing. I got the name wrong, sorry.

It is indeed the cosmic guardians who should appear in phase 2. And in as you also noticed, in version 1.5.1.4, at the end of the first phase, the cosmic guardians do not appear and the fight stops without bringing a lot.

For my part, this is my first calamity world in normal mode so I'm still far from your level. So I went back to version 1.5.0.4 and it works well. We go directly from the first phase to the final phase, having already beaten the cosmic guardians in a previous fight, as specified in the wiki.

I think this will be fixed in future versions, I'm not worried. Similarly, calamity objects cannot be placed on mannequins or weapons racks.

I can't wait for the Tmodloader to be compatible with terraria 1.4 as well as Calamity and Thorium. I think it will be great. But this may still take time.

Patience

For now, I'm going to create a new world with Calamity and Thorium. It's going to occupy !!!

hi in boss rush mode Astrum Deus became invincible and transparent when its hp is below 65%, wonder do i need something special to attack or is it a bug?

A reddit post describes this same issue and the fix seems to go into multiplayer and defeat DoG there, I did it and it dropped its bag and didn't disappear, however, it was very laggy so I would recommend switching versions like Dcotekk64 suggested or do the simple fix in multiplayer I mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom