tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
@tankedup13 Welp, I lied. I just started working on world gen for mod ores today :D

Planned ore spawns:
Aerialite Ore: spawns on sky islands (gonna try this and see what happens) - If downed Desert Scourge a small amount spawns. If downed Brain/Eater a larger amount spawns.
Cyanic Ore: spawns in Cavern Layer - If downed Slime God is true. Requires at least an Adamantite/Titanium Pick to mine.
Perennial Ore: spawns in Lower Underground Jungle Layer - If downed Mech boss 1, 2, and 3 are true.
Chaotic Ore: spawns in the Underworld - If downed Plant boss is true.
Uelibloom Ore: spawns in the Upper Jungle Layer - If downed Golem is true.
Xeron Ore: spawns in the new Calamity biome - If downed Cultist is true.

Let me know what you think!

AerialiteOre.png

It's coming together ;)

Last edited:
The desert scourge seems a bit odd, every body segment is detached from the other, is there any way that can be fixed? Also the devourer of gods, some of the body segments seem to despawn or something, and it automatically spawns with a huge cluster of body segments in one place, which doesn't seem to go away unless you go far enough away that it would despawn.

The desert scourge seems a bit odd, every body segment is detached from the other, is there any way that can be fixed? Also the devourer of gods, some of the body segments seem to despawn or something, and it automatically spawns with a huge cluster of body segments in one place, which doesn't seem to go away unless you go far enough away that it would despawn.
I think I can fix the issue with the Desert Scourge. I just need to adjust the size of the segments, and maybe the scale of the segments as well. I'm using a modified Destroyer AI for both, so that might be the issue.

Also, the Dried Seekers not despawning their body segments is intended. That way when they die the body segments 'zone off' a small area.

I've got the Devourer to where the segments don't detach as often by changing the width and height in the SetDefaults method.

I think I can fix the issue with the Desert Scourge. I just need to adjust the size of the segments, and maybe the scale of the segments as well. I'm using a modified Destroyer AI for both, so that might be the issue.

Also, the Dried Seekers not despawning their body segments is intended. That way when they die the body segments 'zone off' a small area.

I've got the Devourer to where the segments don't detach as often by changing the width and height in the SetDefaults method.
worm type enemies... a pain to deal with in vanilla, and an even bigger pain to get working in mods, blah can tell you that with the dragonlord boss, however i did notice in tremor a worm type enemy that doesnt seem to bug out, maybe you could ask the mod dev for some tips on that?

worm type enemies... a pain to deal with in vanilla, and an even bigger pain to get working in mods, blah can tell you that with the dragonlord boss, however i did notice in tremor a worm type enemy that doesnt seem to bug out, maybe you could ask the mod dev for some tips on that?

I just spawned the Devourer of Gods with some modifications I made and none of his segments despawned. He even had the full body and everything! I just had to tweak the width and height a little bit.

And yeah, I'll ask them how they managed to get it done. I'm also planning a new boss that I spent 4 hours this morning programming :D

Do you think you could change the Desert Scourge to have a shared health bar like the Destroyer? Unlike the Eater of Worlds, killing the head kills the whole boss, so what's supposed to happen if you destroy one of its segments first? Do they just sort of detach and stick around annoyingly like the Dried Seekers do? Is the non-shared-HP intentional?

Also, the Victide Helmet says "slight increase to all damage." It's standard convention for armors to always give exact percentages in the description. It's acceptable for vanilla items such as the Sun/Moon Stone and upgrades, where there's so much going on it'd be a pain to list, but there's no real reason to hide it here. Just change it to +X% damage; don't even need to say all damage, since not specifying a type indicates it affects everything.

I haven't gotten very far into the mod yet, so I don't know if there are any other instances of similar things.

(It seems the Desert Scourge doesn't have a special Expert Mode item. Are you planning to add 'surprise' Expert Mode items in the future? I"m going to guess that the other bosses don't have such items either.)

Also, a comment about my vote; I don't want more bosses (once Desert Scourge is fixed). Granted, I like bosses, but I wanna see more stuff like move-in NPCs and whatnot. :D

When is the recommended time to fight the Desert Scourge? I don't want to die because I'm unprepared. (Playing Expert.)

I would fight him either before the Eye of Cthulhu on Normal Mode. Or after the Eye on Expert. Then again, with a good arena (and not going undergroud!) he can be killed pretty easily.

The major damage buffs and the increased bleed effect on Expert Mode are kinda brutal :D
[doublepost=1465100070,1465099865][/doublepost]
Do you think you could change the Desert Scourge to have a shared health bar like the Destroyer? Unlike the Eater of Worlds, killing the head kills the whole boss, so what's supposed to happen if you destroy one of its segments first? Do they just sort of detach and stick around annoyingly like the Dried Seekers do? Is the non-shared-HP intentional?

Also, the Victide Helmet says "slight increase to all damage." It's standard convention for armors to always give exact percentages in the description. It's acceptable for vanilla items such as the Sun/Moon Stone and upgrades, where there's so much going on it'd be a pain to list, but there's no real reason to hide it here. Just change it to +X% damage; don't even need to say all damage, since not specifying a type indicates it affects everything.

I haven't gotten very far into the mod yet, so I don't know if there are any other instances of similar things.

(It seems the Desert Scourge doesn't have a special Expert Mode item. Are you planning to add 'surprise' Expert Mode items in the future? I"m going to guess that the other bosses don't have such items either.)

Yes! I just need to find the time to program and create the special boss drops. The Slime God already has two Expert-exclusive items, and the Devourer has a couple very difficult to obtain items that it can drop on Expert.

The Desert Scourge was my newest boss creation, so I haven't been able to create unique drops for it yet.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, I'm tired after 9 hours of actual work.

@MountainDrew Thanks! I tried fighting him already, but I was really cocky. Taking him on with Stone Armor and a spear didn't work too well for me. I'll probably kill King Slime, then The Grand Thunderbird from Thorium, then decide whether or not I'm ready for him.

I'm sorry for being an annoyance, but the question I gave was not answered:

Are there spots for spriters here?

I'm sorry for being an annoyance, but the question I gave was not answered:

Are there spots for spriters here?
Yes!

You can sprite whatever you want for this mod and I will try to fit it in as best I can. What I really need right now are throwing weapons for each tier and perhaps a "crabman" NPC that moves in after defeating the Desert Scourge.

My rage at fixing bugs:
A353B83F1B591CABB4B5148440720FEB5F79A0CD

Will this boss ever make up his mind when he is buggy and when he is not!?

New Devourer AI and sprite that's less buggy. All of the segments are 50x50, but I had to reduce the size of the worm because the larger it is, I've found, the more buggy it is.

4D16392C1F7C7B65AFB151D7AEB2868B329225F7

Last edited:
@MountainDrew The Devourer looks fine. I think that The Desert Scourge's segments are much worse. Still playable but... yeah.

I fixed the Desert Scourge yesterday. Now the segments are actually attached to each other :)

New patch will come out when I'm done programming that one new boss and adding in world generation for the modded ores.

Back
Top Bottom