tModLoader Calamity: The Lost Themes

Is the music too quiet?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This mod implements two of the "missing" themes from the Calamity mod soundtrack at the time of writing, as well as music boxes for both of them. "Threats of the Ocean Floor" has been implemented as a theme for the Adult Eidolon Wyrm. As the Planetoids aren't a proper biome of their own, "Blessing of the Moon" will instead trigger if stone, mud, or dirt are detected in the space layer without cloud blocks nearby, making the "biome" achievable in vanilla. Previews of the songs can be found below. Credits to DM Dokuro for all their hard work in creating this music!

On a further note, at the request of the artist, no further music produced by Turquoise will be included in this mod. He has expressed specific interest in his works no longer being included in the Terraria community, and I will at some point remove the included music from this mod pursuant to this wish. His original body of work is now fully compiled in the mod "Turquoise's Music Replacements," including the previously missing themes, which I would suggest downloading in place of the original Calamity Extra Music mod.

Download on the in-game mod browser.
(Or download here if the browser is down)

Eidolon Wyrm theme:

Planetoids theme:

While the artist has given unofficial blessings to use their work in the specified format, I have reached out to them through their preferred method of contact for official permission. If at any point after the posting of this thread the artist should wish their work removed, I will gladly oblige.

DokuroPerm.png

- Eidolon Wyrm theme plays when wyrm is passive: While it's incredibly unlikely you'll ever see a passive Eidolon Wyrm, this is something that needs fixed. However, this will require accessing the AI state of the Wyrm directly, since it has non-standard target settings. The fix will likely take some time to implement

- Music plays too quietly: This varies from user to user, but some have found the music to be too quiet. I'll be posting a poll soon on that matter, and if enough agree, I'll raise the volume by 30% or so.

DM Dokuro, for "Blessing of the Moon" and "Threats of the Ocean Floor"

GoodPro712 for the mod "Everything Deserves a Theme," which inspired me to start this project to begin with

direwolf420, absoluteAquarian, and everyone else on the tML Discord who put up with my nonsense long enough for me to piece this together

(For those interested in developing mods, the project Github can be found here.)

Last edited:
Hi, I really appreciate this mod.
My only issue with it is that I don't want all of the themes.
Would be awesome if you added a config option for enabling/disabling each theme.
Another idea I have is adding the Interludes as music boxes that you can buy from NPCs at around the time they're meant to be heard, or just at the start of the game if you want to.
Have a good day.

I've been considering adding a config, actually. It's mostly a matter of having the time to do things at the moment. Current plans are to add a config, and to add conversion recipes to turn modded music boxes into vanilla ones (and vice-versa).
As to the interludes (or any other music), DM Dokuro's themes are "fine" (to whatever extent the permission statement above reaches), but anything by Turquoise other than the three specific themes above would require legitimate stated permission from himself. I'm not altogether comfortable adding anything else at the moment until and unless I hear back from either of them.

So I don't know if this is still receiving updates, but if it is, I want to know if it's possible to make Servants of the Scourge (Type D) play in the DoG fight. If it's not, I understand, but I'd love to see that implemented.

So I don't know if this is still receiving updates, but if it is, I want to know if it's possible to make Servants of the Scourge (Type D) play in the DoG fight. If it's not, I understand, but I'd love to see that implemented.
Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I wasn't notified about your comment.
As to the song, that's a no-go. The Nonstop Mix was produced as a side-piece rather than something to be implemented in-game, and doesn't smoothly blend with the other associated themes as a result. If there were a boss rush item for the Servants similar to the Mechanical Mayhem summon I'd consider that, but even then I'm not entirely comfortable implementing new themes in this mod at the moment, given the stance of the artists in question.

are there ever going to settings to turn off/on certain pieces of music
(because i like threats of the ocean floor and LOVE fiery fists of stone but not the others)

Back
Top Bottom