Official Calling All Terrarians: TCF needs you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has a cobweb in it XD

My laptop has seen better days, is was bugging out amdni tried to do a settings reboot and unfortunately the MOTHERF***** that recommended the fix did not say anything about what all it does. Even my computer acted like i was just gonna reset all settings. It was basically a 2nd method of factory reset.. i can't even update the thing now. It actually reverted all my old updates!
(Sry for the off topic)
But yah if not for those issues i would apply for mobile staff. Til next time i guess, *tips hat* I'll be around, in the shadows aiding where i can.

Last edited:
My laptop has seen better days, is was bugging out amdni tried to do a settings reboot and unfortunately the MOTHERF***** that recommended the fix did not say anything about what all it does. Even my computer acted like i was just gonna reset all settings. It was basically a 2nd method of factory reset.. i can't even uodate the thing.
(Sry for the off topic)
But yah if not for those issues i would apply for mobile staff. Til next time i guess, *tips hat* I'll be around, in the shadows aiding where i can.
Hey, don't censor your words with asterisks, the site will censor them for you (for users with profanity disabled.) I got a little pm from a mod because of that so I'm giving a heads up.
Why are some people afraid of signing up?
A. People don't want to reveal personal information
B. People can't cope with the moderating hours
C. People feel that they just won't be good enough

I did it myself so that my word wasn't replaced with the face lol.
D: some people feel they are to young. (No squeaky voice moderators here lol)

I did it myself so that my word wasn't replaced with the face lol.
D: some people feel they are to young. (No squeaky voice moderators here lol)
We ask that you avoid self-censoring things with asterisks and/or purposeful misspellings. We have a filter in place for a reason, and intentionally circumventing it can lead to trouble.

so do we need Skype/discord/teamspeak? or is it an entirely online typing chat. i am 16... but my parents are like you can chat online in text form but cant talk online with a voice... strict, IKR.
@Tunnel King
if so i wouldn't be able to apply

so do we need Skype/discord/teamspeak? or is it an entirely online typing chat. i am 16... but my parents are like you can chat online in text form but cant talk online with a voice... strict, IKR.
@Tunnel King
if so i wouldn't be able to apply
You do not need Skype/Discord/TeamSpeak.

To me, the idea of it sounds very intresting. It would be delightful to be a part of something like that, and be able to call yourself a proud moderator of this community. Being someone people can come to for help etc.
But tbh... I could never give up on my persona I use, nor the wacky stuff I now and then like to do.

I'm not at all phazed by the NDA signing, that's a given and shouldn't be hard to follow. The work doesn't sound bad as well, It's just how you suddenly become one of the faces of this site, and can't afford to joke too much around, make mistakes and be as easily forgiven as how the normal members are (it's obvious, but it's a significant difference still). The resposibility of being a public face is not something I would want to take.
At least that's my impression.

I feel confident in most of these requirements (minus the mobile part), but my freedom to joke around with less restrictions than a mod is too valuable for me to give up on. ;/

EDIT: (also, "Lunatic Cultist" sounds way cooler than "moderator" ewe)

Last edited:
To me, the idea of it sounds very intresting. It would be delightful to be a part of something like that, and be able to call yourself a proud moderator of this community. Being someone people can come to for help etc.
But tbh... I could never give up on my persona I use, nor the wacky stuff I now and then like to do.

I'm not at all phazed by the NDA signing, that's a given and shouldn't be hard to follow. The work doesn't sound bad as well, It's just how you suddenly become one of the faces of this site, and can't afford to joke too much around, make mistakes and be as easily forgiven as how the normal members are (it's obvious, but it's a significant difference still). The resposibility of being a public face is not something I would want to take.
I :red:post more now than I did before I was a moderator, so do with that what you will. Honestly, there haven't really been any real personality changes I've noticed in people (though that might be due to me being on this side of the looking glass) we just occasionally have to shift into a more formal mode when giving serious warnings and things like that.

I feel confident in most of these requirements (minus the mobile part), but my freedom to joke around with less restrictions than a mod is too valuable for me to give up on. ;/

It seems true that you would have to be even more careful with what you say and joke about as a Moderator. Though the way I see it, as long as one is following the rules well now as a Regular Member and their actions don't border too close to being against the rules, there isn't much issue with continuing to follow them well and even better as a Moderator. Considering you're still following the same rules you've always been following as a Regular Member with a few additional rules that one would have to follow.

Based on what Matsu has said, you're still allowed to be yourself as a Regular member, and express your true personality in common everyday circumstances. It just requires being able to manage your "Personas" if you see a situation that's getting/already is heated or hostile, or a discussion going off-topic, then that's when it's time to shift to the Moderator Persona.

Self Analysis is important looking at what you might have to give up as a Regular Member, what will change, and what you'll have to learn, and it is certainly very good to think about for a position such as this to understand your current strengths and weaknesses. Still, if you really want to be a Moderator and truly believe you have the skills and personality to handle the position, its worth it to apply in my opinion. I've decided to put in an application myself.

I'm not trying to push you into applying if you aren't comfortable with it, just trying to provide my perspective to support Matsu's reply as a fellow Regular Member on how you wouldn't have to give up your current core Persona as a Moderator as long as it follows the rules as you follow them now as a Regular Member. :dryadsmile:

Time is of no concern to me. I have faith in my abilities, and have no doubts that I would make for a just and fair, yet human moderator, were it not for the unfortunate fact that certain moderators and I do not see eye to eye.

As per my response the previous time applications were opened, I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom