tModLoader Calling Many Spriters - New Secret Mod, but I need help!

How should I approach this mod?

• Keep it secret, Allow for more time to develop the mod to finish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it secret until a base preview (Showing content type and goals) can be finished

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Release a "Mod Idea" that people will say it is too ambitious, and provide no content (sprites, etc)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So as this sound very exciting, I can tell you are starting way to big. It's good to hope for really big but as initial release it will be hard to pull out some of the stuff. For example 117 armor is really A LOT, maybe start with 10-15 because clearly you won't have 117 in initial release. Another problem will probably be ore, 11 is a lot, tough it's not that hard to do, it's still a lot (and are you sure you will need that much?). Also, town NPC wise, that's another problem since generally they are hard to sprite (and to code, but that's a personal opinion there). Other than all that, I guess I'll wait and see where this will go. (I'm not a spriter, but I'm a well known dev and I'm telling you those thing from the 4 year of modding experience I have.)

That is true. I know I won't have that many armor sets on initial release. As for ores, the goal is to have all available in the world at initial release, because the mod relies heavily on these ores. Everything really falls back on the ores and the town npcs. And since the mod has fully begun development (with a few spriters) I have sort of adjusted the numbers.
Another thing to note, is that this mod is large enough that I feel I am going to have to break it down into multiple releases to keep the community happy, and to release the true potential of this mod.

<3

Hey, i may be interested in spriting. You have a discord server for it or...?

We would love to have you! As for do we have a discord server, not yet. I am finishing something quickly, then a discord server will go up for the volunteers to be able to see everything that is / needs to be done. But for the actual mod (open to public) not yet. Maybe soon though, as we are rapidly approaching an alpha test play through.

Can I sprite some weapons and tools maybe? I'm no good at coding and programming, but I can take a crack at your vision.

We would love to have you! As for do we have a discord server, not yet. I am finishing something quickly, then a discord server will go up for the volunteers to be able to see everything that is / needs to be done. But for the actual mod (open to public) not yet. Maybe soon though, as we are rapidly approaching an alpha test play through.
Alright, i look forward to it

Can I sprite some weapons and tools maybe? I'm no good at coding and programming, but I can take a crack at your vision.

Yeah. There are quite a few weapons and tools needed in this mod, and our current spriters have been focusing on other elements, so we could always use an extra hand.

Aight then, wanna see how this turns out. Contact me on Discord (Phobostar#1337) or on Steam (steamcommunity.com/id/PhoboST)

You are going really really big. Maybe you wanna make you know, show people what you can do? Show us some gifs of the weapons youve created. For a spriter to invest around lets say 150 hours to create all of that on a decent quality, they aint gonna do it for someone that they dont know the skill of. Good luck though, hope it turns out fine.

You are going really really big. Maybe you wanna make you know, show people what you can do? Show us some gifs of the weapons youve created. For a spriter to invest around lets say 150 hours to create all of that on a decent quality, they aint gonna do it for someone that they dont know the skill of. Good luck though, hope it turns out fine.
Hello! Yes of course! That would be logical! Well, soon I will do so. Now I have done a re-calculation on all that we need, and have people who are willing to take on small tasks at a time. Now the problem we run into is that we don't have a projectile spriter.

We are actually really close to a page that has spoilers for all the stuff we are working on! <3

But yeah, keep checking back and I will see what I can do for providing spoilers and stuff. I can provide an image made by the amazing
@Sora_92! <3

Oracle.png

What is she? and most importantly, Why the hell does she have a scythe? (Lol)

She is a town NPC that is one of the main focuses of this mod.

But thanks to those who have supported making of this mod, and I promise it will not remain secret much longer!

Hello! Yes of course! That would be logical! Well, soon I will do so. Now I have done a re-calculation on all that we need, and have people who are willing to take on small tasks at a time. Now the problem we run into is that we don't have a projectile spriter.

We are actually really close to a page that has spoilers for all the stuff we are working on! <3

But yeah, keep checking back and I will see what I can do for providing spoilers and stuff. I can provide an image made by the amazing
@Sora_92! <3

Oracle.png

What is she? and most importantly, Why the hell does she have a scythe? (Lol)

She is a town NPC that is one of the main focuses of this mod.

But thanks to those who have supported making of this mod, and I promise it will not remain secret much longer!
What about you know, code.

I am in deed a Wisp of my word :
216834-88f498c17c7e46053937a0511998f059.jpg

But that is all for now <3 Do I have anyone's attention yet?

Attachments

• Capture 2019-02-11 20_49_50.png
    Capture 2019-02-11 20_49_50.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 179
Weapons:
-30+ Spell Tomes
-18+ Bows
-20+ Swords
See, here's where I find a problem. You need more categories of weapon than just picking one per class. Like, for melee, there exist spears, boomerangs, yoyos and flails; it isn't just about swinging swords above your head. Rangers should also have guns and maybe even some other cool ranged weapons using ammos that aren't usually used, or even new ones! Spell tomes is a bit different because that means nothing about their attack, so I'll leave you at that one.

See, here's where I find a problem. You need more categories of weapon than just picking one per class. Like, for melee, there exist spears, boomerangs, yoyos and flails; it isn't just about swinging swords above your head. Rangers should also have guns and maybe even some other cool ranged weapons using ammos that aren't usually used, or even new ones! Spell tomes is a bit different because that means nothing about their attack, so I'll leave you at that one.

Of course. In this mod, one of the main focus was Spell tomes because I was testing something out. The weapons have changed (Slightly). There is a plan, and don't worry. All classes will feel included. <3

I think it would be alot easier if you could give some general ideas, such as colors or associated themes (ie: green ore, cactus arrow, etc.)

I think it would be alot easier if you could give some general ideas, such as colors or associated themes (ie: green ore, cactus arrow, etc.)

That is true. That is very true actually. I probably should have thought about that. But right now the Spriters who have volunteered have a list of what needs to get done, so maybe that would have helped...

I'd say no, at least, you didn't catch my attention. One picture of NPC isn't something that big to get hyped about. Especially considering we don't really know what it does yet.

Alright. That’s fair. Now, the mod is almost to a point of reveal, as people have been working very hard to get this thing working. I can assure you that very soon you will know what this mod is about!

Back
Top Bottom