tModLoader Calling Many Spriters - New Secret Mod, but I need help!

How should I approach this mod?

• Keep it secret, Allow for more time to develop the mod to finish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it secret until a base preview (Showing content type and goals) can be finished

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Release a "Mod Idea" that people will say it is too ambitious, and provide no content (sprites, etc)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ho, this thread is quite a mess
Quick presentation : Ouadi, 21, game-art student, have made lot of solo project, bit and groups project for school & gamejam, seen lot of big project, and worked as artist, programmer and game-designer.
(and yea, I share my name in public, I don't see a single problem with that)

Honestly, your approach is one of the worst possible, Coming from no where and say :
"I'm looking for people working on a secret project and you won't know the full project until later"

Is not a great idea, first one, there is only 2 reason for skilled person to work for you :
*Either they thing the project is interesting and could give them lot of experience
*Either you give some payment back (can be money of any other thing like resources, teaching back, ect...)

Sadly, you get none of them, I have nothing against the fact you want to keep your project secret, but it can really block some people interest to work for you.

Also, you seem to have some difficulty to handle bad feedback, which is honestly a bad thing if you have to handle a big project. Cause the bigger the project the worse will be the feedback, even people insulting you, wishing for your family to be dead, ect (experience speaking there ^^').
The difficulty to handle bad feedback can also cause the project to no be as good as you think, most of the time in video-game (and when I say most of the time, it's EVERYTIME) Theory and practice look different, an :red:ING good idea on paper can turn to be horrible at play, and this happen to even the best of the Game-designer (yea even Hideo kojima).

I'll not give you any advice cause I don't think of any way to help you that goes toward your way, which would be showing something for people to be hypped about, but people were already spamming about that in the thread.

Honestly, good luck for you project and Hope you'll succeed ^^

Ho, this thread is quite a mess
Quick presentation : Ouadi, 21, game-art student, have made lot of solo project, bit and groups project for school & gamejam, seen lot of big project, and worked as artist, programmer and game-designer.
(and yea, I share my name in public, I don't see a single problem with that)

Honestly, your approach is one of the worst possible, Coming from no where and say :
"I'm looking for people working on a secret project and you won't know the full project until later"

Is not a great idea, first one, there is only 2 reason for skilled person to work for you :
*Either they thing the project is interesting and could give them lot of experience
*Either you give some payment back (can be money of any other thing like resources, teaching back, ect...)

Sadly, you get none of them, I have nothing against the fact you want to keep your project secret, but it can really block some people interest to work for you.

Also, you seem to have some difficulty to handle bad feedback, which is honestly a bad thing if you have to handle a big project. Cause the bigger the project the worse will be the feedback, even people insulting you, wishing for your family to be dead, ect (experience speaking there ^^').
The difficulty to handle bad feedback can also cause the project to no be as good as you think, most of the time in video-game (and when I say most of the time, it's EVERYTIME) Theory and practice look different, an :red:ING good idea on paper can turn to be horrible at play, and this happen to even the best of the Game-designer (yea even Hideo kojima).

I'll not give you any advice cause I don't think of any way to help you that goes toward your way, which would be showing something for people to be hypped about, but people were already spamming about that in the thread.

Honestly, good luck for you project and Hope you'll succeed ^^
This man out here just wrote a poem in 10 minutes darn.

Alright, I gotta make this clear

Are you afraid the mod is going to be plagiarized in some way you can't show the best you've made so far? You do realize that plagiarism is a very serious offense that the TMODLoader devs take personally. You can't get away with uploading a mod with stolen content, they will find it, and you will be punished.

Whatever happened in the past won't happen here, these are good people and I faith in them, I ask you do as well and share the best creations you got for us to see.

Back
Top Bottom