tModLoader Calling Many Spriters - New Secret Mod, but I need help!

How should I approach this mod?

• Keep it secret, Allow for more time to develop the mod to finish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it secret until a base preview (Showing content type and goals) can be finished

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Release a "Mod Idea" that people will say it is too ambitious, and provide no content (sprites, etc)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As far as I know, this is a sprite collection scheme. The creator is revealing no information to the users as they cannot do anything to help the mod otherwise, and is collecting sprites to use later in another mod where they can parade the sprites as their own. Or, this is a HUGE vanity mod and there's nothing of actual worth in it, just basic vanity and NPCs

As far as I know, this is a sprite collection scheme. The creator is revealing no information to the users as they cannot do anything to help the mod otherwise, and is collecting sprites to use later in another mod where they can parade the sprites as their own. Or, this is a HUGE vanity mod and there's nothing of actual worth in it, just basic vanity and NPCs

That genuinely stings. A lot. Quite frankly, I believe I have made it clear that a forum with the information is on it's way. I won't give an exact date, because, let's face it, if I don't hit that date or if anything sidetracks me, then you all will take it as "She is so full of BS, this mod is a scam," stuff like that.
But if I don't, the same will happen, so I am done with all this crap. I will continue to glance at this post, and the comments, but I will focus 110% on this mod, and let it be known that (To All the Dev Team) if you are not seeing any work get done, that is because I am working with other people as well. There is so much to accomplish, and I hope that you and everyone else realizes that a mod is not made in a day. And it is not made in a week. (Well, depends on the mod).

So yeah. I'm through with being nice and trying to explain myself to everyone. I made a choice at the beginning to do it my way, and that is what I am going to do. You will get information when information is available to you. And EVERYONE will be credited for their work. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO DID ANYTHING.

(Also to the devs, if you don't see your work when this mod is released, don't worry it will be used. It just might be used in a later fragment, you will still get credit for making these sprites)

This :red: is too much to deal with right now, but I am still working on this mod. So Good Day to you all!

-Emily.

I can indeed confirm that
uhh
there hasn't been a message in the server since last wednesday
That genuinely stings. A lot. Quite frankly, I believe I have made it clear that a forum with the information is on it's way. I won't give an exact date, because, let's face it, if I don't hit that date or if anything sidetracks me, then you all will take it as "She is so full of BS, this mod is a scam," stuff like that.
But if I don't, the same will happen, so I am done with all this crap. I will continue to glance at this post, and the comments, but I will focus 110% on this mod, and let it be known that (To All the Dev Team) if you are not seeing any work get done, that is because I am working with other people as well. There is so much to accomplish, and I hope that you and everyone else realizes that a mod is not made in a day. And it is not made in a week. (Well, depends on the mod).

So yeah. I'm through with being nice and trying to explain myself to everyone. I made a choice at the beginning to do it my way, and that is what I am going to do. You will get information when information is available to you. And EVERYONE will be credited for their work. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO DID ANYTHING.

(Also to the devs, if you don't see your work when this mod is released, don't worry it will be used. It just might be used in a later fragment, you will still get credit for making these sprites)

This :red: is too much to deal with right now, but I am still working on this mod. So Good Day to you all!

-Emily.
Okay im sorry that is quite BS, right now we know that in the mod theres a table and an armor set - thats example mod stuff. Ill ask again please make something to showcase you can make good content, you are asking random people on the internet for so much at least PROVE that you can use it well.

uhh

You do realize that there is more happening don't you? There is no way you are that dumb. Just because you haven't seen any messages on the dev server does not mean that there isn't anything going on. I... I don't even know how to properly respond to this.

Okay im sorry that is quite BS, right now we know that in the mod theres a table and an armor set - thats example mod stuff. Ill ask again please make something to showcase you can make good content, you are asking random people on the internet for so much at least PROVE that you can use it well.

First of all, That is not my armor set. That is actually an outfit from another mod that I am wearing. Second of all, yes. There is a table. Ooh, a table! Ooh, Example Mod. Ooh, this person is jack crazy, lazy, and stealing assets from hard working spriters. Grow up. I chose specifically at the time to show what I showed, because that was at the time the coolest part of the mod. (Though because it is a GIF, you can't see the actual animation). Now that more is done, more will be shown. But right now that is all.

Besides, what good is proving myself, if when I do people give me :red: for it? Cheers Mate.

Unless you will start putting up at least small spoilers(like an item in action or an small enemy GIF) from time to time, people will only give you negative responses as you have yet to prove your competence.

They aren't hating on you for no reason. The reason being you refusing to actually listen to people.
If you are indeed good coder, people would want to join your team eventually no matter what the mod is, because good coders can make impressive stuff even without much spritework.

P.S: Just so you don't outright call me `hater` for no reason, here is little example of what I can do:
https://imgur.com/a/VLNGkbt
Its not much and there is a alot of spritework done by @Phobostar (in fact, the whole Kurama transformation was sprited by phobostar, I only slightly changed Rasengan's appearance & made Mangekyou Sharingan).
I didn't have `years` of coding experience. I had what? 9 months? And thats at best. You surely should be able to put something at least as good.
Cheers.

You do realize that there is more happening don't you? There is no way you are that dumb. Just because you haven't seen any messages on the dev server does not mean that there isn't anything going on. I... I don't even know how to properly respond to this.

First of all, That is not my armor set. That is actually an outfit from another mod that I am wearing. Second of all, yes. There is a table. Ooh, a table! Ooh, Example Mod. Ooh, this person is jack crazy, lazy, and stealing assets from hard working spriters. Grow up. I chose specifically at the time to show what I showed, because that was at the time the coolest part of the mod. (Though because it is a GIF, you can't see the actual animation). Now that more is done, more will be shown. But right now that is all.

Besides, what good is proving myself, if when I do people give me :red: for it? Cheers Mate.
If you don't' post anything, A SINGLE THING that shows that you are worth all the effort spriters would have to put to meet your crazy requiements eventually, lets say 3 years at best for the mod to be done, over. People will be mad, no one will want to work.

As DarkPuppy said, nothings seems to be happening in the background, your calling what looks like to be as many people as possible, to work on your mod while showing no reason to work on the mod. If you are actually doing stuff, maybe show us what you did?

I hate to see the toxic replies im getting, all me and several others ask for simply a reason to tell if X should sprite for this mod, or not.
Asking if someone is stupid while not waiting for an answer.
Mocking someones ask for a reason to sprite or not, saying to grow up.
Not nice.

Alright. I am going to be the one to say this because I want people to know. The discord that the devs have been using was published, and that is unacceptable. This mod will continue to grow and expand, but sadly not with some members of this team. It has been shown that this can be a real mod killer, but it will continue. Please, place your last minuet thoughts on this mod, because at this time tomorrow this forum will be closed. There is only so much a person can take before snapping. And i have Hit that Limit.

This mod will continue to be in development until it is ready for an alpha release. There will also be a second small mod posted soon to give the community a chance to see that there is work being done, but I can’t take it any more.

To the people I have snapped at on this forum, I am sorry. This is not the end, but a beginning. A chance for the future. And to those who genuinely still wish to help, thank you. But there is too much for me right now. I trust too few people.

With Regards,
-Emily

Alright. I am going to be the one to say this because I want people to know. The discord that the devs have been using was published, and that is unacceptable. This mod will continue to grow and expand, but sadly not with some members of this team. It has been shown that this can be a real mod killer, but it will continue. Please, place your last minuet thoughts on this mod, because at this time tomorrow this forum will be closed. There is only so much a person can take before snapping. And i have Hit that Limit.

This mod will continue to be in development until it is ready for an alpha release. There will also be a second small mod posted soon to give the community a chance to see that there is work being done, but I can’t take it any more.

To the people I have snapped at on this forum, I am sorry. This is not the end, but a beginning. A chance for the future. And to those who genuinely still wish to help, thank you. But there is too much for me right now. I trust too few people.

With Regards,
-Emily
The ultimate deflection of criticism

With Regards,
-Emily
Fella the thing is I wanna frickin help but YOU won’t let me. I’m not gonna invest a single drop of time into a mod that won’t be 100% good. Right now you’ve showed us that you made a table, wow such amazing item, but all it does is showcase the spritework, wich is alright. People asked you several times to make a showcase of let’s say a weapon, a single weapon in your mod becoause they wanna be sure if they want to sprite for this very mysterious mod. Nothing. If you just spent an hour a single day to make a really good weapon showcase, you could have had 2-3 people join you who are experienced. Instead however, you’ve constantly reflected the criticism a LOT of people gave you, and now go as far as closing the thread of the mod and making a whole new discord server, STILL without showing anything to the people that wanted to help IF you showed something decent.

It’s a simple concept
People who can sprite will do it if they know the sprites go into the right hand, you wanna know why the calamity mod gets rained with sprites? Cause it’s an amazing mod that people want to help. Not a mod with nothing confirmed. Please take this advice.

@Ninomancer, accusations like this are not acceptable here. Do not imply that someone is collecting sprites to "parade them as their own".

uhh
@Darkpuppey, why are you even posting here if it's just to sabotage the mod and trying to undermine the mod owner? If you don't like the mod anymore for whatever reason, then move on.

@Moonlight_Fae, calling another member dumb and telling a second member to grow up isn't acceptable here, no matter how they may have frustrated you with their comments.

---------------------------------------------------

To everyone else: You want to see sprites and progress from the mod - sure, understandable. Moonlight_Fae doesn't want to show them - that's her prerogative. You can choose, based on the fact that you haven't seen much, to not support the mod, not care about the mod, not want to work on the mod team. That's your choice and you are welcome to it. What you cannot do is continue to demand and require in an insulting fashion that Moonlight_Fae display material from the mod.

@Ninomancer, accusations like this are not acceptable here. Do not imply that someone is collecting sprites to "parade them as their own".

@Darkpuppey, why are you even posting here if it's just to sabotage the mod and trying to undermine the mod owner? If you don't like the mod anymore for whatever reason, then move on.

@Moonlight_Fae, calling another member dumb and telling a second member to grow up isn't acceptable here, no matter how they may have frustrated you with their comments.

To everyone else: You want to see sprites and progress from the mod - sure, understandable. Moonlight_Fae doesn't want to show them - that's her prerogative. You can choose, based on the fact that you haven't seen much, to not support the mod, not care about the mod, not want to work on the mod team. That's your choice and you are welcome to it. What you cannot do is continue to demand and require in an insulting fashion that Moonlight_Fae display material from the mod.
Fair, end of story for me.

Thank you. I made a wrong turn early on, but I made that choice and had to live with it. But I have gone through more crap than I should have. I know what you’re thinking, oh boo hoo, another sob story. But I need you to understand. Throughout the course of this mod, so much has... slowed my progress. The Spriters i got dumped on other‘s work. And when i was working with other spriters, they had the nerves to post my discord server on a public server. Where I got crapped on by quite a few people (Names excluded because). I know that people are mad that I was not providing info on this mod. But what do I have to show? Most of this work has gone into making a more efficient code to speed up the development speed in the future. And the things i Posted earlier were claimed as ”ripped“ from example mod. I had actual work, but it didn’t look like it. For my reaction, I am very sorry. But do as was said. Move to another mod, live your lives. This mod will come when it comes, and I apologize to everyone for this.

-Em

While im not trying to say that your reason for telling me to stop isnt fair, i would like to say that i was just trying to show people that what moonlight was saying about progress simply wasnt true, or at least from the perspective of the people helping her.

know that people are mad that I was not providing info on this mod
Not mad. Just skeptical that you will implement all of planned stuff considering we don't even know for sure that the table you posted earlier isn't the only thing in mod. Would be nice if we got to see other stuff, even if they were simple.
But what do I have to show?
We would like to know too.
Most of this work has gone into making a more efficient code to speed up the development speed in the future
You could post something like `Hey I made X template for Y items, so now I can make them way faster in future`.
And the things i Posted earlier were claimed as ”ripped“ from example mod
To my knowledge, you only posted a table. Even if it isn't `ripped` from example mod per-se, its barely enough to be evidence of progress
This mod will come when it comes
Cube World intensifies /s

Hey there! I've been looking over this thread and I'd love to chip in a little.

As someone who's developed a couple mods, I can tell you that it's really difficult to gauge interest without having any content or direction to show for it. This is, I believe, the central issue most people have had with this project. It doesn't matter what the pace/workload/internal dynamics are; people would just like to see that their investment of effort and, more importantly, time, worth it.

I doubt anyone wants your mod to fail- most of us would love to see it succeed! But we're just not sure what we should be looking forward to. Cheers :)

Hey there! I've been looking over this thread and I'd love to chip in a little.

As someone who's developed a couple mods, I can tell you that it's really difficult to gauge interest without having any content or direction to show for it. This is, I believe, the central issue most people have had with this project. It doesn't matter what the pace/workload/internal dynamics are; people would just like to see that their investment of effort and, more importantly, time, worth it.

I doubt anyone wants your mod to fail- most of us would love to see it succeed! But we're just not sure what we should be looking forward to. Cheers :)

Key word - Most,

But yeah. I had originally planned to divide this mod into fragments, but in the interest of keeping this mod and the community on it's side, I decided to divide the mod even more, so I will be able to keep everything in check. Expect the forum to be sometime soon, with the release of Fragment 1 Part 1 following soon after.
Danke,
-Emily

I have been sick of the flu for a few weeks, but I am back online. Is there a discord now? I'll read previous posts but I'll be glad to help with spriting if you are interested. This got heated for a bit.

I have been sick of the flu for a few weeks, but I am back online. Is there a discord now? I'll read previous posts but I'll be glad to help with spriting if you are interested. This got heated for a bit.

Yikes, hope you are doing better! Yeah, it got heated and the mod has... changed... a bit. But it is still on track!

Back
Top Bottom