Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
1.4 has updated the biome pick of settings in camera mode.
20200720201933_1.jpg

However the "Crimson" option gives an unfitting forest background, instead of an appropriate Crimson one. There is also the red water from during a blood moon, while water in the Crimson is actually pinkish.
Maybe making a separate "blood moon" option in a future patch will also help.
Capture 2020-07-21 09_11_31.png

I know there are parts of world forest with different background and tree styles in 1.4, but the "Underground" "Cavern" options both gives a background different than with the "Forest" option.
Capture 2020-07-21 09_11_55.png
Capture 2020-07-21 09_11_56.png
Capture 2020-07-21 09_12_13.png

Also the camera mode gives the Underworld backgrounds poorly. Update: In fact, it appears that they are "zoomed in".
Capture 2020-07-21 09_35_03.png

Seriously the camera mode needs a lot of attention. More issues about it that I posted but aren't reported can be found here and here.

Update: I added the screenshots and snapshots from my previous threads:

I added the images of wrong backgrounds for Corrupt/Crimson or Hallowed Deserts (the rainbow is still visible on the first image). Also it appears that screenshots aren't centered to the player.

Would this this mean that three "infected desert" biome pick options would be made in a future patch?

Update: I added a screenshot of a makeshift corrupt desert with the same issue.
1595770436561.png
1595770454744.png
Capture 2020-08-01 11_11_40.png

Vines, hanging mushrooms and seaweed does not appear on screenshots and snapshots.

1595770911739.png
1595770925775.png
1595771125191.png

All those images above are taken with quality and lighting set to "high" and "color" respectively.

Update 2: Left: "Capture Entities" off. Right: "Capture entities" on. Fog and Ecto Mist not showing on the left. Not sure why both count as entities.
Capture 2020-07-26 10_08_32.png
Capture 2020-07-26 10_08_38.png

Last edited:
I have been allowed to make a record of each of the camera bugs affecting 1.4 for investigation. To help me with reproducing and reporting them, could you provide some dot points on the camera mode problems you've seen so far? You can include the desert background, vines and seaweed snapshots problems you've mentioned in previous threads. Please also include your graphical settings (lighting, quality, etc.). Thanks!

I have been allowed to make a record of each of the camera bugs affecting 1.4 for investigation. To help me with reproducing and reporting them, could you provide some dot points on the camera mode problems you've seen so far? You can include the desert background, vines and seaweed snapshots problems you've mentioned in previous threads. Please also include your graphical settings (lighting, quality, etc.). Thanks!
I've read another thread and it turns out that vines and seaweed don't appear with color and white light modes.

I've had an opportunity to check these a bit further.
  • Confirmed: Crimson filter uses blood moon water
  • Confirmed: Crimson filter uses Forest background regardless of where you are
  • Checked: Underground / cavern filters: I don't think the background is a problem
  • Confirmed: Underworld backgrounds are not captured properly
  • Partially confirmed: Infected desert. The background are correct except the Crimson (same as point above) and the Hallow rainbow persisting with other filters
  • Confirmed: Vines, seaweed, etc. not captured when using White/Colour lighting
  • Fog/ecto mist: Don't know enough about what's regarded as an entity to comment further
Thank you for the reports. I think that's everything? Please let me know if you find anything else.

I've had an opportunity to check these a bit further.
  • Confirmed: Crimson filter uses blood moon water
  • Confirmed: Crimson filter uses Forest background regardless of where you are
  • Checked: Underground / cavern filters: I don't think the background is a problem
  • Confirmed: Underworld backgrounds are not captured properly
  • Partially confirmed: Infected desert. The background are correct except the Crimson (same as point above) and the Hallow rainbow persisting with other filters
  • Confirmed: Vines, seaweed, etc. not captured when using White/Colour lighting
  • Fog/ecto mist: Don't know enough about what's regarded as an entity to comment further
Thank you for the reports. I think that's everything? Please let me know if you find anything else.
You're welcome. What counts as entities are drops, NPCs, players, coins, etc. But not particles like fog and falling leaves. And no, I did not use any filters for the infected desert screenshots.

Back
Top Bottom