tModLoader Camra Mod! Looking For a Team! (Not much content yet :{ ))

Should this mod live to be finished?

• Yes, its PRETTI GUUUDD!!!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No, it suuuuuucks.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I have no opinions.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I am on droogs so i cant answer

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

cam0620

Skeletron Prime
0P35UoV.png

Hi! I'm cam0620, and I am looking for some people to help me with my new (and first) mod! This mod is all about a fight between 2 polar opposites over power, wealth, life, and death!

My goal with this mod is to give terraria more of a story. In my eyes, terraria lacks a plot. Sure, it's fine because of the type of game it is, but I think there should be more too it.

THIS MOD IS IN ITS STARTING PROCESS, There is not many sprites and even the thread isn't complete. There will be more content on this thread soon, thanks :D

In a distant land, there is a thriving paradise, known as Ashbaia. Ashbaia is a land where everyone works equally, there is no discrimination, and everyone is provided for. The ruler, Ashby, is a grayish cat-like being who watches over Ashbaia. Ashby takes her role as the embodiment of peace and order. The residents, The Blueberry Muffin Turtles, are bipedal turtles that have shells riddled with blue speckles (hence, the name). The general philosophy that they live by is "Do work so you don't do it later.", The turtles laugh and play until Ybhsa invades. Ybhsa is a black puma-like being, who rules the twisted land Aiabhsa. Ybhsa takes his role as the embodiment of chaos and destruction. During the raid, Ashby is unfortunately slain in battle, as is most of the residents, who gave up hope. Meanwhile, in a nearby planet, Kzo, live the Kosmonauts and the Nochites. The Kosmonauts are wolf-like creatures with high intelligence. Their leader, Kosmo, has black fur with white spots in some areas. Their motto is "Protect those who deserve protection." The Nochites are kitten-like beings who distance themselves from the rest of the population. Their leader, Penny, looks like a siamese breed. Their motto is "Harmony can only be achieved by peace, and peace can only be achieved by harmony." The Kosmonauts hear about this incident on the news, and the Nochites learn of this through gossip and rumors. Kosmo decides to find and recruit the Nochites to help restore order to Ashbaia. Once he finds them, after negotiating, the Nochites agree to meet him in the Kosmonaut Army Base. As the Nochites arrive, they start planning for battle. All is going well, but suddenly, Ybhsa sets off a bomb in the Base. This causes all the Kosmonauts and Nochites to flee in random directions. Kosmo treks on, and finds a ship. He straps up and flies to a distant planet. As he lands, Kosmo realizes he's lost. But by pure luck, he picks up a Blueberry Muffin Turtle on his radar. That's where you come in. You. You're the last survivor, not knowing who you are and where you came from. You are the only hope to reform the Kosmonaut army. You, are the story. It's all you from now on. Good luck!

A lot more sprites!

At least 7 new bosses, over 100+ items, 50+ new enemies, and even a new world to teleport too!

Fixed Lore!

If you want to help, just dm me to apply in your area of expertise and I'll add you to the discord chat room! If you contribute, You'll be credited in the thread!

Coders: NEEDED
Composers/Audio Editors: NEEDED
Spriters: Not Needed
Animators: Wanted
Concept Artists: NEEDED

Cam0620: Creator of Mod.
Mr. HorseMan: For giving me the courage to start this.

Attachments

• Muffin Shell.png
    Muffin Shell.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
So you want people to sprite and code your mod, and think of ideas for it?
Atleast give us stuff to see besides 1 sprite.
You didn't even explain your ideas. You just gave meaningless statistic of how much content it is
There's no way to gauge how good it is from that, let alone join the team
You need to add more, and show off your spriting and designing abilities more.
Until then, this mod is a pass.

So you want people to sprite and code your mod, and think of ideas for it?
Atleast give us stuff to see besides 1 sprite.
You didn't even explain your ideas. You just gave meaningless statistic of how much content it is
There's no way to gauge how good it is from that, let alone join the team
You need to add more, and show off your spriting and designing abilities more.
Until then, this mod is a pass.
Yeah, I know, It's my first time. I''ll get some more things done.

Thanks for your feedback, means alot

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, It's my first time. I''ll get some more things done.

Thanks for your feedback, means alot
I suggest doing a bunch of sprites to base your mod on. Also, just a tip on spriting: For each pixel you see in terraria, it is actually 2x2 pixels. So i would not suggest editing sprites with a 1 pixel wide brush, i either us a 2x2 pixel brush, or scale the image i am spriting up by 2x so it is 2x2 pixels per pixels :)

I suggest doing a bunch of sprites to base your mod on. Also, just a tip on spriting: For each pixel you see in terraria, it is actually 2x2 pixels. So i would not suggest editing sprites with a 1 pixel wide brush, i either us a 2x2 pixel brush, or scale the image i am spriting up by 2x so it is 2x2 pixels per pixels :)
Thanks for the tip!

If I may add some criticism, while I am intrigued as to how the mod will progress, I wouldn't post anything about a mod in development until you have a decent amount of work to show for it. A lot of mods on the forum starting in their infancy want to announce they're making a mod but have no proof of it. You can't evaluate the quality of the mod if there's no information to go off of.

That said, since I'm beating a dead horse, assuming you're just beginning in your spriting endeavors, try editing pre-existing sprites in Terraria to make them your own to practice, excluding lazy recoloring. Getting a feel for Terraria's artstyle is crucial for good spritework. I would recommend from personal experience to try using the Piskel application, it's very user friendly and free to download. Don't forget aabout the 2x scale and to avoid using 1x1 pixels in the final product.

Lastly, avoid using so much jargin in the lore, explain more in depth before throwing out so many different races and terms.

Last edited:
If I may add some criticism, while I am intrigued as to how the mod will progress, I wouldn't post anything about a mod in development until you have a decent amount of work to show for it. A lot of mods on the forum starting in their infancy want to announce they're making a mod but have no proof of it. You can't evaluate the quality of the mod if there's no information to go off of.

That said, since I'm beating a dead horse, assuming you're just beginning in your spriting endeavors, try editing pre-existing sprites in Terraria to make them your own to practice, excluding lazy recoloring. Getting a feel for Terraria's artstyle is crucial for good spritework. I would recommend from personal experience to try using the Piskel application, it's very user friendly and free to download. Don't forget aabout the 2x scale and to avoid using 1x1 pixels in the final product.

Lastly, avoid using so much jargin in the lore, explain more in depth before throwing out so many different races and terms.
Was Screwing around for 10 minutes and made this:
8714b24a-74a4-11e6-92cc-e75c270ebc13.gif

Attachments

• Lighter Life Cycle.gif
    Lighter Life Cycle.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Here are a couple spriting tips, though I'm not very good at it myself:

• Try to avoid shading with yellow (as it's the hardest color to shade), unless it's gold (then borrow heavily from other palletes and try to copy it) Even some experts have trouble with shading yellow!
  • When using black, use a very dark red/blue with little saturation. Black in generals does not look good with other colors unless you do it in this way.
  • Never use black outlines. use a very dark version of whatever color you're using.
I hope you found these tips helpful! Also, I'd like to mention that that sprite us too big for Terraria.

Here are a couple spriting tips, though I'm not very good at it myself:

• Try to avoid shading with yellow (as it's the hardest color to shade), unless it's gold (then borrow heavily from other palletes and try to copy it) Even some experts have trouble with shading yellow!
  • When using black, use a very dark red/blue with little saturation. Black in generals does not look good with other colors unless you do it in this way.
  • Never use black outlines. use a very dark version of whatever color you're using.
I hope you found these tips helpful! Also, I'd like to mention that that sprite us too big for Terraria.
Thanks for the tips :D

Back
Top Bottom