Resolved Can an admin/mod help clarify

Samantha Lancaster

Official Terrarian
I made my account, played around with some settings and just kind of explored to familiarize myself with everything regarding my profile customization. After finishing that and posting my intro, I actually read the rules and guidelines instead of just skimming like I did at first. Regarding the rule about not posting any personal information including legal names, do I need to change my name? I connected my Facebook account during my "exploration" so I guess I want to clarify about several things: taking into account that my legal name is still viewable via my Facebook connection and whether or not that makes a difference for if my user name is okay, if I need to remove my last name - if I do need to change it, can I still use my first name as my user name, and lastly if I missed anything? I apologize for the lengthy question, I just hate breaking rules on social media of any kind for some reason lol

But anyway I greatly appreciate any help and input on the matter :)

I made my account, played around with some settings and just kind of explored to familiarize myself with everything regarding my profile customization. After finishing that and posting my intro, I actually read the rules and guidelines instead of just skimming like I did at first. Regarding the rule about not posting any personal information including legal names, do I need to change my name? I connected my Facebook account during my "exploration" so I guess I want to clarify about several things: taking into account that my legal name is still viewable via my Facebook connection and whether or not that makes a difference for if my user name is okay, if I need to remove my last name - if I do need to change it, can I still use my first name as my user name, and lastly if I missed anything? I apologize for the lengthy question, I just hate breaking rules on social media of any kind for some reason lol

But anyway I greatly appreciate any help and input on the matter :)
Hello Samanta, welcome to the forums.

While it's true that we have a rule in the Important - Introductions: Rules & Guidelines section that forbids posting personal information, there is some information that we don't particularly mind being shared, such as full names and e-mail addresses. However, publically sharing personal information of any kind on-line always carries a certain risk, and if you choose to share said information it is at your own risk. We are not going to take action against you for sharing your name around, but do please take that into consideration. :)

If you have any further questions, you can always send me or any of the other staff members a private message. :)

Back
Top Bottom