Can anyone here help me with programming?

ObeisantBread84

Skeletron
So I basically know nothing about code, but I had an idea for a 2d airplane shooter type game that I really want to make
the Idea behind the game is there is a kid who wants to play but does not have any toys or games, so what does he do? he makes shadow puppets in the shape of airplanes to fly across the room and shoot each other.
controls:
wasd: move
left click: shoot
right click: charge
and the brand new mechanic:
spacebar: flip
one of the hands will come and flip the airplane causing it to spin in circles and be completely invincible. you can't shoot or move while flipping, however, by using your mouse to carefully position your flip, you can use it on enemies when they are about to do a powerful attack, think of it like a defend move in an RPG.
The base game would have 5 levels each with their own bossfight with the final one being against enemy hands
there would be 5 difficulties:
practice: play any difficulties but you can't get hit and if a hurtbox touches you it gets added to a counter of how many times you would've been hit
easy: the base difficulty
normal: the enemies have more attacks
hard: the enemies move much faster
brutal: (cannot be accessed on practice mode) hard, but you only have 1 health, also there is a secret final phase to the final boss where you face the human himself
I hope someone can help me with this because this is a game I really want to make
if it gets popular I might even add a tournament online mode???

If you are completely new you can probably make a draft in a block-coding fashion (e.g. using a website like Scratch - Imagine, Program, Share). But shortly after that, you can probably move on to a game engine. There is a plethora of online tutorials that can help you on your journey with engines like Godot, Unity, Unreal Engine 5, the list goes on. With dedication, you can surely accomplish your game development goal really quickly.

If you are completely new you can probably make a draft in a block-coding fashion (e.g. using a website like Scratch - Imagine, Program, Share). But shortly after that, you can probably move on to a game engine. There is a plethora of online tutorials that can help you on your journey with engines like Godot, Unity, Unreal Engine 5, the list goes on. With dedication, you can surely accomplish your game development goal really quickly.
thanks, I already got help from a friend though, we're making a metroidvania-ish game, if I remember, I will tell you about it!

Back
Top Bottom