Mobile Can I transfer an Android Terraria account to another Google ID?

hifiaudio177

Terrarian
I bought Terraria for my son a while back on my Android device and Google ID, but he now has his own device and we would like to move this to his ID... we dont really care about the game progress, we just dont want to buy it again. I believe we purchased it by getting the free version at one time and upgrading inside that game. Is there a way to transfer the owenership to his Google Play ID and email?

Like any app you buy on Google play, the license is tied to the account. In order to avoid buying the game again, you could sign in using your Google account on his device.

I bought Terraria for my son a while back on my Android device and Google ID, but he now has his own device and we would like to move this to his ID... we dont really care about the game progress, we just dont want to buy it again. I believe we purchased it by getting the free version at one time and upgrading inside that game. Is there a way to transfer the owenership to his Google Play ID and email?
Hi @hifiaudio177, I'm not on Android, but I believe Google Play has Family Sharing where you can share purchased apps with up to five family members.

From https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7007852?hl=en
  1. Open the Play Store app
    pA0Oo_R7q7rvIY2q8EHo5WD6X3NG110lgtezklJGplOW8CEa5AYZhZ8ohUIRG21oP-fk=w18-h18
  2. In the top left, tap Menu
    gnm-ty6mnE6vkedDflD8UzuuSYpoeaGMx1Am3m0zH0OkEAkqv3jGJV3cnjkqH75mrrqn=w18-h18
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=w13-h18
    Account
    Family
  3. Follow the instructions on screen to set up Family Library. If you aren't part of a family group, you'll need to create one first.
Note: Everyone in your family needs to follow the instructions above to set up Family Library

However, it does say that In-App Purchases are not eligible. I'm not sure if downloading the free version and purchasing it from in there makes it an in-app purchase or not.
See if content is eligible to be added to Family Library
Most purchased apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books can be added to your Family Library. If an item is eligible to be added, you'll see the Family Library icon on the content's details page
bkAqnBv1hEWLwM5q5UFD1hcT3kTHLZ0AZKi28cKzmjjXgEsAuXPLNEOgdJg8oxy2bQ=w18-h18
  • You can't share in-app purchases and free apps with your family members.
  • Any apps or games purchased after July 2, 2016 are eligible to be added to Family Library. If you purchased the app or game before July 2, 2016, it’s eligible for Family Library if the developer has made past purchases available. You can find out whether this is the case by tapping Read More on the app’s details page
You can read more at the link: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7007852?hl=en

Yeah I bet that makes it ineligible. Had I purchased it the other way that would probably have worked. Oh well, I have now let him purchase the game YET ANOTHER time.. lol. We now have PC, PS4, iOS, and Android (twice).

Yeah I bet that makes it ineligible. Had I purchased it the other way that would probably have worked. Oh well, I have now let him purchase the game YET ANOTHER time.. lol. We now have PC, PS4, iOS, and Android (twice).
If it makes you feel any better, Re-Logic are one of the most ethical game development companies I know!
Don't forget about the major update and rework coming to mobile and console later this year too.

Back
Top Bottom