PC Can my friend stay afk for few hours on his server without server kicking him out

Jodza

Terrarian
Greetings fellow Terrarians

I wanted to ask, because the friend I play modded terraria with on steam usually goes to work about 14:00 while im still in school so we usually play on midnight hours

If he starts the server and stays afk on it for like couple hours till I join, if he leaves for work at about 14:00 and I come home at 15:57 will server kick him out for afk for being afk for two hours or so, because my plan was to finish our base till he comes home.

The second option is for him to send me the world file so I can acquire it, build on it, and when he comes home i could send him the world file so he could replace it with the current file. This sounds a lot of complex and we are scared of file corrupt.

So could I join on server if he stays afk on server for couple of hours.

Sincerely,
Jodza~:happy:

As far as iam aware Terraria wont disconnect anyone. However, exchanging the map real quick is not as dramatic as you think. Its like ~10mb and not more then copy and paste. Upload it to discord, download it - put in your map folder and thats it. (He has to remove the map from cloud first just in case he's using the terraria cloud)
You can make backups if you wanna double tap it. However, it shouldnt be as dramatic that you need the backup.

Back
Top Bottom