goatface

Terrarian
edits...
Large Expert World
Kill WoF, WoF Has been Slain message, pick up loot, 1 min, game will freeze
have to force quit by going to xbox dashboard
restart game
no loot, world still pre-hard mode
Kill WoF, WoF Has been Slain message, pick up loot, 1 min, game will freeze ......

or

Kill WoF, WoF Has been Slain message, pick up loot, go to menu, quit game
Setting hard mode screen appears
screen will cycle day and night for about 1 min, then appear to freeze

Last edited:
37cJBEB.jpg

digging and filling

map reset bug made it look odd
older pic

CTZTgtm.png

Last edited:
Those map pics look really odd. It looks like you have dug a lot of hellevators, but that could just be artefacts in the image. Anyway, if those are hellevators, it shouldn't be enough to trigger the bug where the game crashes if there are no blocks to spread hallow/corruption to when defeating WoF.

there are a ton of hellevators.
on the west side, for the most part, they are 2 blocks wide every 100' , but in some places they are every 50'
on the east side, every 100', they started out as 6 blocks wide, but filled in the middle 2, so it is, ....bbbbb__bb__bbbbbb....
98% of the space in between the hellevators is solid block, all the ore and gems are gone
the mine tracks are still there
the dungeon and jungle temple are solid dungeon/temple blocks
the area under the base on the left side is like 700 blocks wide of pearlstone

guess need to fill in the hellevators, do i need to do them all or only the ones where the V would normally happen?

map reset again,
i tried pre converting, 2500' west crimson and east hallow
lGCCHJh.png

didn't help
also tried killing WoF with different characters, didn't help either

I have no advice to give, my gut feeling says it should work anyway. Filling in with Rock where the "V" happens may be your best option.

BTW have you tried killing WoF in another world where you haven't dug so much?

Wow, that is an incredible map @goatface.

Like r4v1n6, my first thought was that you didn’t have enough blocks for the hardmode V to convert. If I saw your map first I would guess that it would be able to go to hardmode. But if it’s freezing, maybe it’s not.

I second the recommendation to see if you’re able to bring a different, un-hellevatored, world to hardmode. If you can create a new world, beat WOF and it converts to hardmode without a problem, then it’s very likely that your hellevatored world may need more blocks in it in order to convert and not freeze.

filled in from 3592' west to 3598' east to 3078' underground

pENrb3L.png

still freezes around min after killing WoF
or if quit/save will freeze on the setting hard mode screen

don't know if filling in the rest of the hellevators would make any difference

tried many game restarts, powercycling the console
reinstalled still the same
friend has a new xbox one x, might go over and try that this weekend

did see a Tortured Soul after killing WoF once, about the only highlight lol

Last edited:
In the screenshot, the right area isn't filled in to the bottom. Might be a problem. I think the bottom is the most important area to refill, as the "V" starts there.

You could try filling in a single line of Stone blocks at the bottom of the hellevators where hell and underground intersects. Fill in wide enough area so that the "V" is sure to hit it, taking into account that the origin is a bit random.

i have now filled from 4094' East to 4598' West and they now connect to the ash fill in the underworld
no change

could my base be the issue?
having an issue with screenshots atm, but can see it my 2nd post
on each side of the base is 100 to 75 stone slab blocks
the center is about 600-700 blocks wide
the big white area is pearlstone (needed something for fill until later)
the yellow rectangle is chests and item frames
would guess 700+ chests and 2500+ frames
the blue block below that is banners, just hung up every banner, 100's of some,
top left, are all the fishing biomes
above and below them are grass and jungle actuated blocks for bait
beside that is planter boxes with herbs and stuff

anyway, again thanks for the advice

edit
removed the big block of banners and statues, turned out to be over 8,000 banners
still freezing

edit 2
removed 75% of the item frames
still freezing

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that @goatface. I’m not sure if your base is a problem. I wouldn’t think so. I’ve seen other large, heavily decorated bases that go to hardmode successfully.

There’s something that the game doesn’t like about your world, but since it is such a unique case I’m not sure that we’ve come across a solution. And I’m not sure if there is a solution. I hope so, but at this point I don’t know what it is.

@r4v1n6
@Unit One
thanks again for the help, been playing on another map an thought about something
with all the times the map on this world had reset, i totally forgot there was 3 block high tunnel running at the very bottom of the map
so started up the world and went to look at it and this happened
tested it a few times, always gets stuck, once wouldn't let me use cell phone to get out

@r4v1n6
@Unit One
thanks again for the help, been playing on another map an thought about something
with all the times the map on this world had reset, i totally forgot there was 3 block high tunnel running at the very bottom of the map
so started up the world and went to look at it and this happened
tested it a few times, always gets stuck, once wouldn't let me use cell phone to get out
Is that right above the underworld? I’ve seen others say that the game freezes and has a hard time entering the underworld. That is quite a freeze though. I think it’d be helpful to send that video in to the developers if you haven’t already. They won’t reply and won’t have a solution right now for you, but at least you’re getting them more info.

If that is your world that can’t enter hardmode, I’d recommend making a backup of it if you can. I know Xbox One makes that very hard, if not impossible. If it were my world, I’d be worried that it may fail to load at some point with the amount of performance issues you have that may be in connection with all the tunnels in that world.

Wow that was weird. Too bad it's next to impossible to give the developers a copy of that world. Seems like it's great at exposing the more obscure bugs in the Terraria engine.

I've had a big where my game freezes and crashes soon as it loads up. Other worlds worked fine. To get past it, I've fully shut down my X1 (held power button for 5 seconds) and it's loaded fine. More recently I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to have fixed it. Maybe it's worth giving that a try?

Back
Top Bottom