Xbox One Can not even play my game

DarkKrazyman

Terrarian
Hello... I might be new here but I am not new to Terraria! I played a huge amount on my 360 a long time ago with my sons and so friends and when I moved to Xbox One i moved everything over without an issue... but that was prior to the issues with update 1.3 apparently!

So we come to today, which is about a year and a half later, and I try loading up the game as I haven't played in quite awhile and I'm getting a "Converting Worlds. This may take several minutes" thing come up on my screen. I let it do its thing... I wait a few hours (hoping its doing SOMETHING) and yet it hasn't moved from 50% since 2 minutes into it.

I looked up issues on Google... tried everything! Though I CAN get into my sons game in multiplayer as a second account BUT when I go back and try to use it as my primary I cant even get it to load passed this to a Singleplayer or Multiplayer selection main menu?!

How do i fix this as i am the primary holder of this game!? At this point i am not concerned with my world I just want to play the dang game...

I did contact the site Admin here in the forums but he was only able to give me a suggestion I have already tried a few times. Thank you for your help Tunnel King!

If anyone else has an ideas please let me know

Thx

Hello... I might be new here but I am not new to Terraria! I played a huge amount on my 360 a long time ago with my sons and so friends and when I moved to Xbox One i moved everything over without an issue... but that was prior to the issues with update 1.3 apparently!

So we come to today, which is about a year and a half later, and I try loading up the game as I haven't played in quite awhile and I'm getting a "Converting Worlds. This may take several minutes" thing come up on my screen. I let it do its thing... I wait a few hours (hoping its doing SOMETHING) and yet it hasn't moved from 50% since 2 minutes into it.

I looked up issues on Google... tried everything! Though I CAN get into my sons game in multiplayer as a second account BUT when I go back and try to use it as my primary I cant even get it to load passed this to a Singleplayer or Multiplayer selection main menu?!

How do i fix this as i am the primary holder of this game!? At this point i am not concerned with my world I just want to play the dang game...

I did contact the site Admin here in the forums but he was only able to give me a suggestion I have already tried a few times. Thank you for your help Tunnel King!

If anyone else has an ideas please let me know

Thx
Hi there @DarkKrazyman, this sounds frustrating, sorry to hear of it. Besides the workaround that involves two controllers that Tunnel King likely already suggested, there was one other thing that worked for a few others. It may be a long shot though.

From reddit user MrsJihf:
What I did was delete my saved data and loaded my game back up. When I selected my profile to play on, it tried to sync data and I canceled that... It opened right up the the character selection screen. Obviously I didn’t have anything there so I created a character and closed my game again. (To test it out and see if I was still having the same problem) Once I reopen the game, it asked me to select saved data. I selected the most recent and it worked! I didn’t have the problem again.

For others that are stopping by, the workaround that I mentioned earlier involving two controllers can be found here: Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

Hi there @DarkKrazyman, this sounds frustrating, sorry to hear of it. Besides the workaround that involves two controllers that Tunnel King likely already suggested, there was one other thing that worked for a few others. It may be a long shot though.

For others that are stopping by, the workaround that I mentioned earlier involving two controllers can be found here: Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

I did try both of these work around a couple of times. Everytime I try and get past my sync screen it goes straight to the converting load bar... like it gives me no chance to back out once either even appears. Does anyone know if I destroy the save file on my cloud will it correct itself?

I am still baffled by the fact this has been a known issue for just over a year and has not been fixed

I did try both of these work around a couple of times. Everytime I try and get past my sync screen it goes straight to the converting load bar... like it gives me no chance to back out once either even appears. Does anyone know if I destroy the save file on my cloud will it correct itself?

I am still baffled by the fact this has been a known issue for just over a year and has not been fixed
If you don't mind losing your saved game on the cloud, you could try deleting it like you suggested. There's no guarantees that it'll work I'm afraid.

The world conversion issues that were present when console received the big update in Dec 2017 were patched with success I believe. Since the newest update that came out a little bit ago I believe it may be a different world conversion bug that you're dealing with. So, while still frustrating, I don't think it's the same issue that's been around for a year. I could be wrong though.

There's hope that it may be fixed soon though. Here is what Pipeworks (the console developers) mention on their Twitter just yesterday.
upload_2019-2-1_18-53-23.png

Back
Top Bottom