PC Can Slime King spawn here?

I really want to get the Slime Hook and i'm asking if King Slime can spawn here. It's near the sea and the dungeon. I am on expert mode.

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-31 15_30_54.png
    Capture 2016-05-31 15_30_54.png
    977.9 KB · Views: 459
It looks like you're near the Ocean. There is a chance it can spawn there though I think you can't be directly in the Ocean (I may be wrong about this part though). If you see Goblin Scouts spawning where you are, you know conditions are right for getting King Slime to spawn (Though the rate is very rare at about 1:300). To increase the chances of King Slime spawning, using Water Candles and Battle Potions are also recommended.

Essentially what Aurora3500 said. He has a random 1 in 300 chance to spawn in place of another mob in the outer 1/3rd of the map.

Be careful though, if you're playing in Expert, be warned as he's not particularly easy early on in the game due to his new mechanics that were added in 1.3. If you're not too early in the game, it may actually be more efficient to just make a Slime Crown at a Demon Altar, if you have the option to do so.

I know that I can use Water Candles, I've beaten the Cultists on normal mode with my friends. I am not a new player, I am just never killing King Slime since he is an optional boss.
By the way, since he can only spawn off the screen, where should I afk? I tried AFKing on that flat area with Water Candle to the left of the beach for like 30-40 minutes and he wasn't spawning.
NOTE: The flat area is in range of the ocean biome. That hole isn't though.
EDIT: Oops wrong quote. I was replying to Aurora.

Back
Top Bottom