Resolved Can Someone Steal My Username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigKyurem

Pixel Pirate
Sorry that this is here, i just didn't know where to put it, but can someone steal my username if i log in through Steam? do i need a regular account?

Whoa what? To steal your account they need to know both username and password. The harder is both fields, more secure is. But if you mean while you're logged in, maybe the guys who can steal it are your brothers or close friends, so keep the device also secure with a password.

Whoa what? To steal your account they need to know both username and password. The harder is both fields, more secure is. But if you mean while you're logged in, maybe the guys who can steal it are your brothers or close friends, so keep the device also secure with a password.
i meant, since i log in with steam, could someone make a REGULAR account with my username.

i meant, since i log in with steam, could someone make a REGULAR account with my username.

Actually, hate to break it to you dude...

But if you're asking if someone could make a Steam account named 'TheBigKyurem' or change their Steam name to that, the answer is yes. Steam has a lot of users, so rather than forcing everyone to have a unique username they do allow people to have the same usernames as others. It's why you'll see like, 5000 accounts come up if you search something like 'Tom'.

But if you're asking if someone could make a Steam account named 'TheBigKyurem' or change their Steam name to that, the answer is yes. Steam has a lot of users, so rather than forcing everyone to have a unique username they do allow people to have the same usernames as others. It's why you'll see like, 5000 accounts come up if you search something like 'Tom'.
Yeah :c People can use any Steam ID, The only thing different is the Custom URL.

Steam accounts are unique, with a login and password. You can then make any alias(es) you want, which does not have to be unique. Regardless of which alias you use, it's the same Steam account.

TCF accounts are unique to the username (TheBigKyurem, in this case).

The account linking mechanism will safely and securely tie your unique Steam account with your unique TCF account.

No one can steal your user name here - although if you are careless with either your TCF or Steam login/password info, someone could hijack it and post as you.

I'll move the thread; if this or above posts are satisfactory answers, let me know and I'll lock it as Resolved as well.

I meant a regular tcf account with my un

Steam accounts are unique, with a login and password. You can then make any alias(es) you want, which does not have to be unique. Regardless of which alias you use, it's the same Steam account.

TCF accounts are unique to the username (TheBigKyurem, in this case).

The account linking mechanism will safely and securely tie your unique Steam account with your unique TCF account.

No one can steal your user name here - although if you are careless with either your TCF or Steam login/password info, someone could hijack it and post as you.

I'll move the thread; if this or above posts are satisfactory answers, let me know and I'll lock it as Resolved as well.
Yeah, I think my question was answered.
May you please lock it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom