PC Can something be done about Worldgen ALWAYS spawning Corruption/Crimson in middle of Snow/Jungle biomes?

Oh my god! I literally thought I was the only one, I was going to suggest it but I thought people would think I was being silly, but I genuinely generated like 16 worlds until I got one that didn't have corrupted snow/jungle biomes. I get the snow because they have evil equivalents, but the evil just destroys the jungle biome with no way to recover it bar tedious mud replacing and jungle seeds.

Only 16? ^^ Seriously i hope something will be done with this.
Cause it's seriously annoying to have jungle destroyed at the start pretty much 99% of the time.

Only 16? ^^ Seriously i hope something will be done with this.
Cause it's seriously annoying to have jungle destroyed at the start pretty much 99% of the time.
Yeah and now I'm in hardmode and suddenly most of my jungle is destroyed. I don't know what relogic were thinking when they decided to not only make the Jungle susceptible to the Evil, but to make it convert it into dirt as well so you literally can't repair it... it escapes me.

Yeah and now I'm in hardmode and suddenly most of my jungle is destroyed. I don't know what relogic were thinking when they decided to not only make the Jungle susceptible to the Evil, but to make it convert it into dirt as well so you literally can't repair it... it escapes me.
You can go into the Jungle and get some Chlorophyte. Chlorophyte fights the evils and turns dirt back into mud, albeit, at a much slower pace.

I don't mind repairing , protecting the jungle after Hardmode.
That is not the problem.

The problem is that Worlgen destroys the jungle at the creation of the world and it happens way too often to the point it became ridiculous.

It is possible to get clean snow and jungle in 1.4. In a large world there are ALWAYS four "patches" of evil biome, that are spread across the world more or less evenly. It is unlikely given how large the jungle is, but getting "clean" both is possible.

What, really?
My large world has three patches (I thought two, but one is too large to be a single patch, so must be two almost overlapping): One on the right side of the spawn (overlapping the ice) and one huge on the left side (overlapping desert on one side and jungle on the other).

The jungle was about 1/3 eaten; I haven't hit hardmode yet so I don't know how severe it's going to be by the time I'm done.

Oh, and FYI, I also have the 'no entrance to the underground'; I figured either the crimson had eaten it, or it was just changed so it wouldn't spawn.

For everyone talking about no entrance to the underground, you know you can dig down in the middle of the desert (non-oasis) and access it, right? I prefer to do that even if there is an 'entrance'.. I miss the old giant maw style.

For everyone talking about no entrance to the underground, you know you can dig down in the middle of the desert (non-oasis) and access it, right? I prefer to do that even if there is an 'entrance'.. I miss the old giant maw style.

The giant maw is still there it just now varies depending on world gen.
Saw 3 variants so far : No entrance , small burrows , classic big chasm

I've seen 4 variants - old style maw, zigzag tunnel to the surface, small anthill-like entrances (usually too skinny for a player to fit), and no entrance at all (w/ oasis on top)

this never happens to me
It's possible that this doesn't happen as often on any other world than Large.
On Large worlds its 99% of the time.

Had to go through like 60+ worlds to finally get one that had Jungle and Snow biome intact. And it still spawned with corruption NEAR the Jungle. I guess that's stll better than it spawning in middle of the jungle, pernamently destroying 80% of its surface in the process.

Back
Top Bottom