PC Can something be done about Worldgen ALWAYS spawning Corruption/Crimson in middle of Snow/Jungle biomes?

Lythael

The Destroyer
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
There is like absolutely no variation it always does that.
It did that often in 1.3.5 but in 1.4 ? Its always now.
Been through like 50+ worlds trying to find one that doesn't have a Corruption/Crimson in both Snow and Jungle biomes.

No such luck i'm afraid...

Same problem. I really want an option during world generation to separate all biomes, to keep them from overlapping pre-hardmode. The world I'm on now has no Desert, just a series of Oasis, so no entrance to the underground desert. Half my jungle is in a second corruption biome (no entrance to underground jungle), with a third corruption spawning further to the right. Then a FOURTH corruption spawning over the entirety of my snow biome, so no entrance there either.

This was coming off a different world where a 2nd corruption spawned over the entire desert, so no underground entrance, as well as over the ocean. So a naturally corrupt ocean. What even is world gen.

I don't understand why it does that. I only need 1 C/C biome. And there's plenty of Forest to do it in. You can't even fix it with the Clentaminator, because it generates those ugly caves and caverns everywhere, and the jungle is just a lost cause.

I'm pretty sure there is bug in source code. If the dungeon is at the right side the evil biome has very limited space to be located in.
This makes a spawn in jungle more likely.

Planned to make my own bug report about this right now but will try here first bc similar topic.

@devs The corruption/crimson placement is not symmetric for left and right dungeon. Not sure If I'm allowed to post the source code error here but I'm pretty sure you forgot to remove this -600 for right side dungeon worlds. (or forgot it for the left side - but this would be very small)

Noticed this as well as both my Jungle and Snow were overtaken by the Corruption but I haven't generated enough worlds to make a statistically valid assessment that said it should probably be noted the world size as small worlds almost always had biome overlap(and one instance I even had the Dungeon overlapping with Snow and Crimson a long time ago. Needless to say since more than half of my Jungle is corrupted I have been thinking of making a new world... Sounds Like I might want to hold off. >_>

Yeah, I have a large world like this...and it's my building world too, so that's pretty disappointing as there's barely any surface jungle. On a large world.

Yeah.. in Large worlds the Corruption/Crimson still eats the Snow and Jungle Biomes.

I did a large world after my failed medium one, hoping that if the biomes had more room to spread out they wouldn't overlap so much. What actually happened was 4 corruption biomes, with my world 13% naturally corrupt. :p

Yeah same, large world with crimson
- Crimson pushing jungle from both sides, one from the main crimson and the other one from the crimson ocean (this looks like a feature now)
- No underground desert entrance (at least there's an oasis)
- Secondary crimson in the middle of snow
- In hardmode said crimson was overwritten by hallow, fully overlapping with snow biome
- Not a single living tree, haven't seen a single gnome. No pyramids, a single sword shrine with no shaft.

Same problems here. At the start of 1.4, I spent like 2 hours with a journey mode character w/hermes boots, creating large worlds, and running to each side to see if the jungle was covered in evil, cause I wanted a world where the jungle was clean. I did not look for a clean snow biome at all.

I did not get a single world with a clean jungle in those 2 hours (I think this was around 50-60 worlds). I gave up. While this was certainly a frequent occurrence prior to 1.4, it was nowhere near this bad. I could get a clean jungle within 3-7 large worlds before 1.4. Now it is seemingly impossible. Having the world evil on top of the jungle is fine on occasion, as it provides a new sort of challenge, but being practically forced into it is very much a problem.

I suspect having another surface biome (Oasis) to account for in world gen has left the rest of the surface with less space for the other biomes, resulting in the world evil overlapping much more frequently than intended. On a side note, I have also seen many, many less pyramids in world gen compared to before as well, which may or may not be a result of this same scenario, be it intentional or not for regarding pyramids. There were also a surprisingly small number of large worlds that had a natural forest biome outside of spawn that was larger than 50 or so blocks wide. I always make my home base in the not-spawn-forest-biomes, due to my preferences.

I rarely touch mods, but I think I will have to use a mod world gen to force clean jungles in the future if this doesn't get fixed. I know TerraCustom did that, but not sure if it's been updated.

Having the world evil on top of the jungle is fine on occasion, as it provides a new sort of challenge, but being practically forced into it is very much a problem.
Agreed. 1 out of every 4 or so games it's interesting. But it's everytime, and I hate how the caves and chasms override the natural entrances into the underground layer.

I suspect having another surface biome (Oasis) to account for in world gen has left the rest of the surface with less space for the other biomes, resulting in the world evil overlapping much more frequently than intended.
I didn't even think about that. I was under the impression that the Oasis would be a one-off mini biome in the desert. But it clearly isn't. Like I mentioned in my post, I didn't get a desert biome with an entrance to the underground. just a series of 3 connecting Oasis. With a 4th by itself on the opposite side of the world.

It is possible to get clean snow and jungle in 1.4. In a large world there are ALWAYS four "patches" of evil biome, that are spread across the world more or less evenly. It is unlikely given how large the jungle is, but getting "clean" both is possible.

I made a large master world for a long term playthrough, and all 4 corruption patches are in or near the jungle, on the left side of the world. One extends from close to the beach to close to the jungle, the other two divide the jungle, and one extends from the jungle partway to a forest biome. I also have 1 desert, on the left side, and one oasis, on the right side. All the rest is forest.

They really need to give us options for how many evil biome patches we want. I'd be happy with a single one on a large world.

It is possible to get clean snow and jungle in 1.4. In a large world there are ALWAYS four "patches" of evil biome, that are spread across the world more or less evenly. It is unlikely given how large the jungle is, but getting "clean" both is possible.

This is hardly 'evenly'. The world would be more explored, but when I moved my saves off the cloud so I could do regular offline backups, it also ate my world exploration data...

and yes, those are 5 block wide stone slab lined dividers to keep the corruption from contaminating the beach and the forest/etc come hardmode.
6eoMUnQ.png

I should have said randomly, not evenly. Well, not randomly either, since they can't be at spawn or on top of the underground desert or either ocean. You can get two, three, or even all four overlapping. If you want a clean world, you can dig for a seed or just generate a ton of worlds in the background while doing something else, then quickly check them in Tedit.

Oh my god! I literally thought I was the only one, I was going to suggest it but I thought people would think I was being silly, but I genuinely generated like 16 worlds until I got one that didn't have corrupted snow/jungle biomes. I get the snow because they have evil equivalents, but the evil just destroys the jungle biome with no way to recover it bar tedious mud replacing and jungle seeds.

Well. Mine got both the Snow Biome pretty good, and the Jungle is just decimated.

Back
Top Bottom