PC Can the Cultists be spawned if the Dungeon entrance has been dismantled?

SoranMBane

Terrarian
I have a particular world where I tore down most of the Dungeon entrance and replaced it with a rather large structure long before 1.3 was released. Now, even though I've beat the Golem, I can't seem to find the Cultists anywhere, not even near where the Dungeon entrance was. Is there some other way to spawn the Cultists or the Lunatic Cultist, or will I just not be able start the Lunar event in this world at all? Here are screenshots of what I have built there:

ijzQ3Ws.jpg

JBlQwUd.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would really like to be able to do the new content with this world.

If this is an old world, i dont think cultists were going to spawn either way. You'd have to make a new world(?) thats actually has the 1.3 content.

I would try clearing out all blocks above the dungeon entrance, as you are inside where the dungeon room was, not at the entrance.

If this is an old world, i dont think cultists were going to spawn either way. You'd have to make a new world(?) thats actually has the 1.3 content.
That's definitely not the issue. I have another world that's even older than this one where I didn't mess with the Dungeon, and the Cultists are spawning there just fine.

Anyway, I'll try clearing out a bunch of the stone above where the entrance was. I was hoping to avoid having to do that, because I built all of that for a very specific reason, but I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures. :sigh:

Alright, update:
N6kYWMB.jpg

I cleared out the stone and they've spawned. Two of them appear to be hilariously confused, and I'm definitely going to have to make some big tweaks to the way this structure is designed (which is annoying), but I guess this works.

But anyway, thanks to Qw2 (whose suggestion worked :D), and let this be a lesson to others; don't cover your Dungeon with tons of stone. The Cultists don't like that.

Cool!

I suppose if I could make a slight suggestion to the devs, it might be worth adding some sort of contingency for situations like this. Like, maybe there could be some sort of (appropriately expensive) craftable item that could be used to place down a Mysterious Tablet (thus spawning Cultists) in any location.

I have a particular world where I tore down most of the Dungeon entrance and replaced it with a rather large structure long before 1.3 was released. Now, even though I've beat the Golem, I can't seem to find the Cultists anywhere, not even near where the Dungeon entrance was. Is there some other way to spawn the Cultists or the Lunatic Cultist, or will I just not be able start the Lunar event in this world at all? Here are screenshots of what I have built there:

ijzQ3Ws.jpg

JBlQwUd.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would really like to be able to do the new content with this world.
How'd you get Lunar tiered items without the Lunar event?

when you did it, did you beat the golem again? same thing is happening to my legacy world on PS4 (it is a transfered old gen world)
, but only difference is that we removed blocks.

Back
Top Bottom