Console Can we get a save options?

Togakiri

Terrarian
In the game,if you turnoff autosave,you can only use save&logout to save game,but sometime I just want to save my work process,I don't want to logout from the world,so can we got a optoons it just save the game and don't need to logout?

The short answer is: Probably not. (@Redigit and @Cenx doesn't like that)

Long answer: During the late stages of Console 1.3 development (for PS4 and Xbox) when they finally began releasing spoilers, it became clear that they intended to go with the single Save & Exit option (from pc) instead of having two separate options like the then current Terraria port developed by Engine. I know I commented about that, asking for it to be changed. The answer I got (from @Loki i believe, i don't remember the exact wording) was that they (Red, Cenx) thought that users would make mistakes (quit instead of saving). I didn't buy that argument. It wasn't a problem then, and most normal users would have Autosave turned on as that was the default setting so if they did accidentally pick exit instead of save, they wouldn't lose much. I thought they did it to make it harder to cheat (Goblin Tinkerer not giving you the reforge you want? Just exit without saving and try again). Unfortunately they went through with it, and that makes it harder for us who do micro-manage when the game saves.

During that time it also became clear that we would get the pc ui, but not many reacted to that. It wasn't until relesease that the :red: storm hit the fan.

The short answer is: Probably not. (@Redigit and @Cenx doesn't like that)

Long answer: During the late stages of Console 1.3 development (for PS4 and Xbox) when they finally began releasing spoilers, it became clear that they intended to go with the single Save & Exit option (from pc) instead of having two separate options like the then current Terraria port developed by Engine. I know I commented about that, asking for it to be changed. The answer I got (from @Loki i believe, i don't remember the exact wording) was that they (Red, Cenx) thought that users would make mistakes (quit instead of saving). I didn't buy that argument. It wasn't a problem then, and most normal users would have Autosave turned on as that was the default setting so if they did accidentally pick exit instead of save, they wouldn't lose much. I thought they did it to make it harder to cheat (Goblin Tinkerer not giving you the reforge you want? Just exit without saving and try again). Unfortunately they went through with it, and that makes it harder for us who do micro-manage when the game saves.

During that time it also became clear that we would get the pc ui, but not many reacted to that. It wasn't until relesease that the :red: storm hit the fan.
Did i miss something or did you reply wrongly? The post was about saving without quitting, NOT quitting without saving.

Did i miss something or did you reply wrongly? The post was about saving without quitting, NOT quitting without saving.
They are related aren't they? Both require that the current single option "Save & Exit" is split into two separate options, "Save" and "Exit" respectively.

With my long answer I try to give some insight into how Re-Logic seem to reason (from my viewpoint) as I was around back then when it happened. I may have misremembered some things though (after all it was over two years ago). I have tried to find this particular discussion by going through my old posts (there's a lot as I have been fairly active on this forum) and by using the forum Search feature. It seems for instance Loki were never involved (I have had discussions with him on other topics though).

But don't mind me, I'm just being grumpy right now. While playing 1.4 on pc I recently realised something that made me lose interest in playing, and that's making me grumpy right now. My post here is a reflection of that.

They are related aren't they? Both require that the current single option "Save & Exit" is split into two separate options, "Save" and "Exit" respectively.
You could solve that by instead of having "Save" and "Exit", you would have "Save & Exit" and "Save Without Quitting".

You could solve that by instead of having "Save" and "Exit", you would have "Save & Exit" and "Save Without Quitting".
Yes, there could be two options that both saves. Considering how Re-Logic seems to reason, it probably more likely something like that gets implemented than a "Exit without Saving" option. They are actively trying to force people to play "their way" now. It wasn't always like that.

Back
Top Bottom