Game Mechanics Can we have blueprints and drones like Factorio? 😬

Nemo

Terrarian
Building the same structures over and over again is kind of tedious.

It would make "adjustments" so much more bearable too - e.g. build something ... because idiot, misaligned it and now need to move it one block to the right ... OCD will not allow otherwise.

Staff of Building

Summons flying drones to build for you (assuming you have the materials). Right Click to open Blueprint book.

Hmmm. People seem to like summons to do the fighting for them, and now drones to do the building as well. Sound like sitting watching the game play itself.

Hmmm. People seem to like summons to do the fighting for them, and now drones to do the building as well. Sound like sitting watching the game play itself.
What can I say, I just don't like tedium. How fun is replicating a structure exactly block by block? That's braindead work.

What can I say, I just don't like tedium. How fun is replicating a structure exactly block by block? That's braindead work.
I myself actually enjoy replicating a few builds here and there, and it's quite satisfying to see the hard work finished. Sure it's tedious, but building wouldn't be as fun or satisfying if it didn't take time even though same can be overly tedious, but that just makes it even better when you're finished. Also, that bit about it being 'Braindead' is rude to not just replicate builders, but original builders as well. Plenty of player builds are inspired by or are replicas of existing things.

That being said, your idea of building drones is also rather cool, and is something that I would love to see as a mod someday.

I myself actually enjoy replicating a few builds here and there, and it's quite satisfying to see the hard work finished. Sure it's tedious, but building wouldn't be as fun or satisfying if it didn't take time even though same can be overly tedious, but that just makes it even better when you're finished. Also, that bit about it being 'Braindead' is rude to not just replicate builders, but original builders as well. Plenty of player builds are inspired by or are replicas of existing things.

That being said, your idea of building drones is also rather cool, and is something that I would love to see as a mod someday.
It's fine if you enjoy the tedium - sometimes people are in the mood for that; rarely ever for me though.

No offense meant by "braindead". Just saying it's an activity that doesn't exactly require much thinking/creativity although it does require concentration for more complicated builds - which brings me to the second reason I want the ability to copy/paste designs, I don't want to waste energy carefully reimplementing an existing (especially if it's complicated) design; it would be like debugging program code then having to retype it all to make copies of the program.

Sometimes I really miss an option like that, I feel that the replication would make the construction experience so much better. `:happy:
Maybe somehow inside the grand design?

Sometimes I really miss an option like that, I feel that the replication would make the construction experience so much better. `:happy:
Maybe somehow inside the grand design?
Probably should use a new item. The Grand Design is already kind of "overloaded" functionality-wise.

For people wondering what blueprint/drones are like in Factorio ...

Back
Top Bottom