Can you HOIK a Projectile ?

RoboticTea

Terrarian
I know projectile can go through a wall like this in only one angle but can you change a projectile direction with hoiks i tried to but the projectile stops any idea's ?
Capture 2016-05-30 14_14_29.png

As projectiles are destroyed/retract upon hiting a block (interacting with it's hitbox), hoiking it might not be possible /

I doubt it's possible with any projectiles that break when they come in contact with ground, but hoiking a fishing rod's bobber I know is possible and I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible with a flail's projectile.

So i tried with Actuated Blocks didn't work either i'm gonna try the fishing rod , the flail and the boulder to see if you can loop them
Capture 2016-05-30 14_26_28.png

Any projectile that breaks immediately upon block contact is a no go. However, waterbolt projectiles (for example) will skip up sloped blocks weirdly. They can bounce 8 times, so the scope for this effect is somewhat limited. They are also size 1, so are very tricky to manipulate in a reliably anyway.
Are the best example of (what is technically) a projectile being hoiked, I think. Beach balls are about the same size (size 2) and can be fully hoik looped.

Yoyos can be hoiked back and forth (probably right around), within their string length range (beyond which they will retract through blocks). As can minions and pets, if they are well behaved, both of which trigger projectile plates, so are technically projectiles, I guess.

Yoyos c^an be hoiked back and forth (probably right around), within their string length range (beyond which they will retract through blocks)

^^

However, if you use a kind of clever teleportation system, you can actually make it hoik on forever, but it seems to be more work than it's worth, unless you're fighting The Moon Lord auto.

holly **** Zero Gravitas (you're amazing) and i can't seem to hoik the boulder is there something wrong in what i made ?
Capture 2016-05-30 14_46_09.png

how to hoik a boulder ?
First talked about here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ing-only-sloped-tiles.1656/page-6#post-626787

Then again here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...duke-fishron-with-boulders.43041/#post-966459

Anyone have a gif of a pet in a hoik loop?
Edit: Well, that's a minion, technically. But the companion cube, for example, seems to be sized 2, so would work the same.

Last edited:
Yoyos can be hoiked back and forth (probably right around), within their string length range (beyond which they will retract through blocks).
Not just the yoyo itself. You can also hoik the projectiles from the Terrarian (At least according to the official wiki they're projectiles)

Last edited:
I doubt it's possible with any projectiles that break when they come in contact with ground, but hoiking a fishing rod's bobber I know is possible and I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible with a flail's projectile.
I just tried, and it turns out you can hoik flails, but not for more than 5 or 6 blocks, so it's not really useful.

It might be possible. you CAN hoik boulders but just not backwards.
I have managed it. I can make him go up a very little bit or make them go straight down. I just haven't perfected it yet. The forward push mechanic makes it much different than a enemy spawn, NPC or player. I'm working on it though

I just got a boulder to go up three places vertically and I'm sure if I continue what I'm doing I can make them go straight up. I've already got them to go straight down after moving forward. I've tried increasing their speed and that does not work so much for that. Up and down was about all you're going to get I think. I mean technically you can make them go diagonally as well just not well I take that back I can make them go up diagonally left or right too. But that's a big no-brainer

Attachments

• IMG_20240322_171524824.jpg
    IMG_20240322_171524824.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I have managed it. I can make him go up a very little bit or make them go straight down. I just haven't perfected it yet. The forward push mechanic makes it much different than a enemy spawn, NPC or player. I'm working on it though

I just got a boulder to go up three places vertically and I'm sure if I continue what I'm doing I can make them go straight up. I've already got them to go straight down after moving forward. I've tried increasing their speed and that does not work so much for that. Up and down was about all you're going to get I think. I mean technically you can make them go diagonally as well just not well I take that back I can make them go up diagonally left or right too. But that's a big no-brainer
if you're interested in what we can do by hoiking boulders, this thread is more recent, and with more info

Back
Top Bottom