Blocks & Decoration Candy Blocks + Furniture (and the ALMIGHTY TWINKIE BED and 5 other kooky furniture ideas!)

So, I spent a bit of time on the Official Terraria Server, and I laughed a little at this idea for a block, which, now, I kind of want to see in Terraria. I'll give it my best shot, so if nobody sees this post or if the block doesn't end up in Terraria, I don't really mind, but it's still a fun idea I would love to see the community explore (if it so desires, it could just be a joke or decor block)

The story starts with the Meat Grinder...
In Vanilla Terraria, if you take Ebonstone or Crimstone to a Meat Grinder, you'll be able to craft Lesion and Flesh blocks.
I like this idea, and I know that Crystal Blocks are the Hallow's thing, but I was kinda frustrated about the fact that we can't take Pearlstone to the Meat Grinder and make it into something, too.

Enter, the Candy Block.
The Candy Block is a block made out of lollipops and hard candies all held together by a gelatinous mass of sugary cream and glaze. On its own, it looks like a pile of candy that is surprisingly durable, albeit a bit off-color and a bit oversaturated with sweetness, but when placed next to other candy blocks it will start forming big ol bricks with candy patterns all up and down, showing in its crevices images of a sugary wonderland straight out of a child's dreams; ice cream held in waffles cones and drizzled with magic shell, caramels salted and glazed with honey, swirly pop patterns adorned with pretty rainbow polka-dots, marshmallows and chocolates living in harmony as mouth-watering s'mores, all jumbled together between the crevices of the blocks, similar to how eyeballs and fleshy bits appear in the Lesion and Flesh Blocks when placed next to adjacent lesion and flesh blocks. It is crafted at the Meat Grinder with 2 Pearlstone Blocks.

The Candy Blocks can also be made further into a bunch of nifty furniture. I'll give six examples of what could be done as furniture, but since the Lesion and Flesh blocks needed their own crafting station, my best bet is that they could add the "Candy Machine", which would be sold by the Steampunker in the Hallow for the same amount of money as the Decay Chamber and Flesh Cloning Vat is sold, so 10 Gold.

Five examples of the Candy Furniture:

-The Twinkie Bed
The Twinkie Bed is a giant twinkie made out of fluffy goodness. Try not to eat it when you go to sleep! Wanna look like a glut with a gut without letting people look at the size of your waistline? Invest in a pillow made out of creamy filling and a giant twinkie that is sure to make your fellow Terrarians ask so many questions about all your horrible life decisions!
The Twinkie Bed is made out of 15 Candy Blocks and 5 Silk at the Candy Machine.

The Candylabra
The Candylabra is a giant dot laying on the middle of your table. It's quite simple, but it comes in multiple colors. When placed down, it can be Sizzly Red, Ravenous Orange, Silly Yellow, Kooky Green, Blasting Blue or Perfect Purple. It emits light, too, from the same sweet vibes that the Candylier (below) puts out. Make your table look like it was designed by a 5-year-old today with the Candylabra!
The Candylabra is made at the Candy Machine with 5 candy blocks and 3 torches.

The Candylier
The Candylier is adorned with chocolate truffles, strings of Nerds Ropes and the centerpiece is a giant, upside-down triple-decker birthday cake complete with rainbow sprinkles, vanilla frosting and blue borders. It emits light from the cake as well as all of the yummy candy vibes it gives off. Yum yum yum delicioso! The cake on the Candylier also comes in different flavors just like the Candylabra comes in different flavors upon being placed down, ranging from a Chocolate Cake, a Vanilla Cake, a Strawberry Shortcake, a New York Cheesecake, a Red Velvet Cake and even a giant cookie (rarely, like 1/1000 when placed down)!
The Candylier is made out of 4 candy blocks, 4 torches and a single chain at the Candy Machine.

The Candyl

The Candyl is a giant M&M sitting on your table. What's not to love? Illuminate your house with style with this hard-shelled, chocolate and light-filled M&M sitting square on your table! Just like the Candylabra and the Candylier, the Candyl comes in seven different colors when placed down; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Brown, same as the original, with an extra super-rare flavor - Rainbow, which cycles through the color spectrum and emits rainbow light like a Rainbow Torch! Or maybe not an M&M. Maybe a hard candy or lollipop, idk.
The Candyl is made out of 4 candy blocks and 1 torch at the Candy Machine.

The Cookcase

The Cookcase is a cookie-themed bookcase made out of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry wafers and it holds books made entirely out of different kinds of cookies. Who said knowledge needed to leave you with a sour taste in your mouth when it can taste like melted chocolate and perfectly baked cookies? So make your spell tomes with style using the Cookcase today! As seen on TV! (Or the Terraria Forums, whichever is better for you)
The Cookcase is made at the Candy Machine using 20 candy blocks and 10 books.

The Chock
The Choco Clocko, the Chock, can tell the time and look mighty fine. It is made out of creamy Nutella holding together big ol chunks of milk chocolate with the clock face being made out of a giant swirly pop. The Chock has a 10% chance upon being placed down to be made out of White Chocolate and a 1% chance upon being placed down to be a cookies n cream clock. Yummy!
The Chock is made at the Candy Machine using 3 of any iron bars, 6 glass and 10 candy blocks.

Anyways, I REALLY hope that this idea goes viral, now that I'm reading what I've written. It would be so cool to decorate a wacky house with these blocks and furnishings. If you think these ideas sound cool, then please, share this with your friends and spread the word! If it doesn't get put in the base game, eh, idc. But it would be a fever dream and a mighty sweet surprise if they decided to!

Awesome idea, and funny that the "but you can't grind pearlstone with the meat grinder" never occured to me before - maybe because initially it couldn't do anything with ebonstone either.
Though this reminds me there's a "Confection" biome idea - and as far as I seen they're working on making it into a mod for 1.4 now? - where the candy theming would fit even better than at the hallow.

But which would leave the question open, if that would be for confection, then what can you get by frinding pearlstone, again?

Damn that's good!
I had thought of Candy Furniture but had never thought of Pearlstone compared to Lesion and Flesh Blocks!

You could post it in some recent tweet from the devs, maybe that way they can read you faster, since recently they are asking for suggestions!

@Redigit :)
Look at this dude!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom